1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephon Tuitt gets it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I have been agreeing with you way to much lately. :lolol: Well said sir.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    He's free to stand or kneel. You're right. And this country is about freedom of speech and expression. You're also right. I support the players' right to kneel, even though I disagree with the message it sends and dislike how it has cast a shadow on the game.

But he will get grief for his position. The same people who wail and pound their fists about Kap being mistreated/oppressed over his kneeling will mistreat/oppress Tuitt for his standing. Doesn't seem right. And we haven't seen the last of the division. Sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's a no win situation. Haters gonna hate you for kneeling, haters gonna hate you for not kneeling. Depends on which side of the fence your on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s the people who lean too far in either direction that are the problem. Live and let live.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Tuitt will get both grief and support. Many of the same people who blasted Kaepernick will enthusiastically support Tuitt's stance. I'm personally a "stand up and salute the flag" kind of guy, but I can understand and respect differing views. As Blast says: live and let live.

6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm with you on that. And I can respect differing views as well. But this whole thing is like someone opposing peanut butter because above-ground pools kill the grass underneath.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Freaking peanut butter strikes again, dammit!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    ...and the stock market tumbles as JIF refuses to remove its labels containing .00004% post-consumer grass content.

:hijacked:

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Didn't the NFL lose its crap over Tebow kneeling for God because the NFL wasn't the place for players expressing "divisive" beliefs? :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Zach Banner said he intends to kneel during the anthem

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I imagine a lot will. Whole teams were doing it in baseball. Red Sox players got raked over the coals for not kneeling which is also is absurd.

Crazy times we are living in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That's an understatement. I don't even think the Twilight Zone producers could have come up with this story line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Rod Serling...:bowdown:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There was push back on Tebow because he was very pronounced in his faith, the kneeling being part of that but also the huge prayer circle post game. I always found that odd because I came of age watching football during Reggie White's time with the Packers and the Minister of Defense having conversations with God about taking his word to a bigger stage. As well as Chris Carter's huge change due to faith, even Ben with his slight hypocrisy early in his career behaving one way and yet saying all he does on the field is due to God's glory. So the Tebow thing was sort of a raw deal although I did say from time to time I don't care about your faith shut up and play.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    There's no "I" in Team and no "T" in Serling. Alfred Hi"T"chcock stole it. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Corrected o wise one. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not that I recall. If anything, originally it was going overboard praising. And then the backlash by some (including some devout Christians) because of how showy he was about it. It rankled some because it seemed like he was doing it more for attention. Either way, no. The push back against him was nowhere near Kaepernick or the ensuing kneeling controversy.

Not one person ever griped about Troy crossing himself... constantly. But then, he wasn't seeking attention. Being humble goes a long way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who.
    I wish the owners would just not play the national anthem at all.
    Cut em off at the knees.

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I need to paint this in capital letters on my bedroom wall so I can see it every morning.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He was

Hence why Kapernuts wasn’t well received.

Care about others and not yourself and others will embrace you.

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't get it... I'm pretty sure Tebow is a humble dude. That Colin guy in the versus segment of the arguement, not so much. They both did what they did and the media ran rough shod with it. It completely pissed off many in both instances and didn't bother many just the same. The blatant discouragement or disregard of one vs the blatant endorsement of the other is what I find funny... And yet both are described as a circus show signings by many in their afterthought career comeback discussions.

It's just a back and forth of what can be spun to be controversial at the time. Tebow wasn't an NFL grade QB and neither was Colin. Both did notable things on the field. One was called a cancer on his way out, the other was given the same title after losing his upper echelon status and yet when he decided to take up a cause (be it his relationship/religious/dietary/hatred of cops/ changes) that was When he was deemed to be a champion without much question in the sport world of why he was benched... Just turned into a blame, bias, racism ordeal... It's all such a farce on so many rotating platforms.

22. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    As much as I love the Steelers I really could care less what any of them have to say about Social issues. I don’t go to work and start forcing my beliefs on people. Just because they have a camera on them doesn’t mean anybody with a brain gives AF anymore than what your next door neighbor says about these issues. If you really want to be a social justice warrior quit playing a game for millions of dollars and dedicate your life to making a real change in a non for profit organization. As Glenn says shut the hell up and play ball!

• Like Like x 5
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    There may not be an I in team, but there are 3 U's in shut the fu#k up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I expect AV to stand and stick to his guns on what he believes in about tradition,instilled in him at west point and his dedication to his band of brothers he led into battle as a ranger....

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you are safe with this bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.