1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers rated best defensive line

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jul 21, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Him being on the team has to lower them.:cool:

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    How about Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Instead of steel curtain, maybe pop-metal mini-blinds?

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Word

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Am I missing something here? Didn't the Steelers lose Hargrave? Heyward and Tuitt are above average.... but we need them on the field and not on IR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, football. We all are.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You could say that about virtually any unit on any team, your top players need to be healthy in order to play at your optimal level. Tuitt has been liable to miss a game here and there, but last year was the first season where he missed more that 2-3. I think his lack of durability has been somewhat overstated, and Cam has been a rock apart from 2016 where he missed half a season.

I think Heyward and Tuitt are a good bit above average tbh, 2019 Bud is also above average and TJ is easily top 5 at his position if not top 1-2. That’s a very disruptive line, I also like Alualu.

It’s disappointing to lose Hargrave without a doubt and it seems they did try to keep him but he would have played far fewer snaps if Tuitt hadn’t sustained that injury last year.

Let’s hope they all stay healthy for the upcoming season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This can be stated for any team.

For example, how would the 49ers look without Nick Bosa?! What about the Rams losing Aaron Donald?! For that matter, look how the Browns defense collsaped after losing Myles Garrett.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah....did those teams lose Donald, Bosa and Garrett? I don't think so.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Browns did lose Garrett.

Either way, what you said prior can be stated for any team.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wouldn't hinge this rating on a rookie, but I still wish we would have grabbed Davon Hamilton from OSU this past draft. Alualu gets first crack at the middle but Hamilton was made for that position. And they wouldn't have lost rotational depth at DE with him and Wormley. Not sold on Cavon Walker, their XFL signing, what did he weigh, 293? I've been on some Tinder dates down south that could put him to shame. Unrelated note....i now have a new personal best in the 40...and my C.O.D. are SPARQ legend. But I digress...Excited about the Wormley signing, I think he can be a huge rotational asset. I just wish they had a more viable option for the middle. I'm not discounting Alualu at all, dude is a beast, he's just a little older and would do best with a Robin to his Batman imo.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Comparing Hargrave to those 3 guys is a dubious. I get your point, but this D losing Hargrave isn't on the same level as those teams losing one of those guys.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think a bit better than that. More like chicken wire vs steel curtain. LOL.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Hargrave is a bit part player when everyone is healthy so I’d agree. Very useful guy to have around, especially while he was on his rookie deal but i think the addition of Wormley and having Alualu under contract for another year means they will be fine. You also have Buggs who I know they like, and maybe Carlos Davis can contribute something, albeit he has practice squad written all over him.

I don’t think losing Hargrave is a game changer unless one of Heyward and Tuitt misses significant time again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    NFL's best secondary? Steelers, Chargers among top unit

ADAM RANK: The Pittsburgh Steelers have the best secondary in football. I say this even with Terrell Edmunds still entrenched at strong safety. He's the Paul Roma of the Steelers' Four Horsemen in the defensive backfield, which is led by safety Minkah Fitzpatrick. I know a lot of people were stunned when the Steelers offered a first-round pick for Fitzpatrick, but he's proven to be a worthy investment. If he isn't the best safety in the game, he's clearly in the conversation. And the Steelers also have an exceptional group of corners that includes Joe Haden, Steven Nelson and Mike Hilton. All three guys landed in Pro Football Focus' top 25 cornerbacks last season, and in case you didn't know, Nelson ranked seventh. Back to Edmunds for a second. I understand Steelers fans' frustration with the former first-round pick many thought was a reach, but he's still a really young player and showed great strides last year playing opposite Minkah. And Edmunds doesn't have to break out into stardom.....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting. Popular opinion is not only has he not improved but he has regressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Make or break year for Terrell. I thought he improved with his coverage skills but had some mistakes. He should have a good grasp by his third year (limited practices show up during games).

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oven tempered for flexible strength.

That has nothing to do with your comment or football. I was just having an old flashback that some of you might remember.

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Flashback you say, "Don't do the brown acid".

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Losing hargrave while getting tuitt back and having Tyson/wormley is not even close as bad as those teams losing garret, Donald or bosa. Healthy tuitt paired with cam can wreck teams themselves