1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training camp is scheduled to open on time

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Aren't they an older population? Sure I read this somewhere. Possibly they have thinned out the most frail individuals.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe. I don't know. they thinned a lot of frail old people in NY and Nj. Had to imagine the Euros did a worst job than those places. Nursing home deaths in NY and NJ are still nearly 20% of the national total.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The point is that they are in a better place than we are NOW to accommodate sports. We could be there too, but too many people in this country have pretended that the virus doesn’t exist and thrown caution to the wind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m as big of a Steelers fan as you’ll see, but **** is getting old for myself. Just cause you’re good at a sport doesn’t make you an authority on all things.
    Just show up and play ball and leave the other crap at home.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s pretty simple as far as I’m concerned. If you want people to wear a mask make it mandatory. As long as it’s just a recommendation it’s going to be hard to get everyone on board. And bitching at people Who don’t wear masks isn’t going to help.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mandate won't work either, to many arm chair constitutional scholars in this country who would claim that it infringes on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Our brothers and sisters across the drink also outlaw a ton of **** that we continue to allow/further push into our food staples. They may not be as Randy as us in many ways but atleast from a nutritional perspective they are to be admired. They were also hit prior to us so in general should be further along on the journey. It's been reported that they as well were fudging the **** out of numbers too... That is the most perplexing thing about all of it, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT TO BELIEVE! Sure we all have our beliefs based off of supplied information or whatever has happened directly to us via certain folks' work assignments (medical/pharmaceutical fields) and heart breaking first hand experiences etc... All of that aside, we still don't know what to believe or who to believe... What source to trust or not trust... And people are actually killing one another over misinformation daily! The WHO, CDC, Dr. fauci, our POS politicians have flip flopped quite a few times and we all bare the brunt each time a new something or other comes from the so called media driven expert analysts. It's maddening. I know the virus exists as do many other viruses known and unknown man made or not and I've never seen a reaction like we are experiencing. Other things boast some pretty horrific numbers as well... It's not so easy to argue for or against folk's opinions on the subject but they have made it very easy to question with boldness.

• Like Like x 3
  8. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    This specific mandate can be argued as unconstitutional and thats not a stretch from the arm chair or not. Doubly so within the thought the constitution is perverted and not upheld daily being picked and chosen to what instant or which person(s) it shall apply to non consistently and by those supposed and sworn to do so.

People's mask reservations started day one... Under the tutelage of the WHO, CDC, Dr. fauci and others when we were told they are not needed. I understand they are now wavering on their initial assumptions as is usually the process when we are told "We need more info" due to changing and perhaps manipulated numbers.

There are currentlymany video uploads of tradesmen being unable to block saw dust, sheet rock dust, or paint over spray particles with trade grade masks (mind you) after being told this virus's particles are even smaller than the above suggested. These videos along with personal DIY wannabe trade folks experience tends to allow people to feel mostly proven in their theories afforded by others that their masks are mostly ineffective. Couple that idea with the fact that some purchased masks now officially come with the whole NOT covid proof warning labels and a plethora of medical professionals which of whom are not holding the microphone or garnering stage time saying its in fact overall pointless, then you now have the recipe of why folks are pissed off and in general are literally now killing one another over beliefs held based on misinformations.

I'm a smoker. I don't read the warning signs on the side of the box and am under no illusion that my preferred brand of American Spirits is any healthier or less dentrimental than their competiton... Nor do I harken back to the days when doctors on the boob tube were paid handsomely to tell the audience, smoking ain't bad! I always follow the money as well as the folks putting their money into the ever changing narratives... It can get creepy but the truth is the truth. Believe what yinz want. Man made virus or not I accept that it is real. I know folks in the medical field and I know folks whom have had it... Their feelings on it in my neck of the woods are as inconsistent as the rest of the nation.

People are pissed off due to inconsistent lack of reasoning by virtue of misreported numbers, misreported treatments, asinine shut downs that Afford the right to carry on with the moron parade storming the streets and ****ing things up while folks that just want to go to church are told NAH!

Everything about this is so eerily historical that it is in fact scary. Anyhow, do what yinz all want to do.

I wear a mask when the store has its sign posted out of respect to the establishment and furthermore out of the respect to the emboldened employee or dip**** patron or army of patrons that seem to want to light up the folks that ain't playing this game. World has turned into notHing but excuses to fight and hurt and while I don't have any issue helping someone gently sit their ass down, I'm getting older and the **** hurts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well as an individual you can’t control that. I mentioned in another post that that the county I work in made masks mandatory. I wear one even though I don’t want to. Sam’s Club made it mandatory to wear one in their stores everywhere so I wear one when I go there. I absolutely don’t care if other people are wearing them or not. I don’t know their reasons legitimate or not. Also not my responsibility or business to police that.

10. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Masks————> Mandatory Vaccines———-> Covid Passes to go anywhere in Society/Cashless Digital Society————> Microchips I Robot

But damn I really hope Football starts up!

• Like Like x 1
  11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    @dobbler-33 I hear you man. On Thursday the stress of everything finally got to me and we have a newer supervisor at work who has made it known that he thinks my department is beneath him and it is reflected in his work ethic. So Thursday he is standing with 3 of his fellow 12 he shift cronies and 3 other packagers one with his mask below his chin breaking th red social distancing rules the company has and I snapped. Pulled out my phone snd started recording the example of his fine leadership. Once they saw me they scattered like roaches with the lights on. 10 minutes later he confronts me about it thinking he will get me to back down and I went up one side and down the other about all his transgressions as respectfully as I could. You really don't want to get into a pissing match with the antisocial guy who watches everything it doesn't end well.

So today I had to have a meeting with my direct supervisor's supervisor and her boss and talk about my frustrations. Now after 10 years I may be moved to a different packaging station where the stress is less and i can feel happy about going to work. I laugh because it's funny.

All of this could have been avoided if they would enforce proper mask protocol. Im there every day and my in laws have health risks and they watch the kids, my folks have issues, haven't visited in a while and my son has asthma so I'm trying to be understanding but dammit cover your freaking nose people it ain't hard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Similar here but the funny thing is this is basically a company town as most residents work at either Artic Cat or the company I do and yet I walk into the grocery store and see supervisors from work with no mask and Im wearing mine. Its like if you get someone I know sick I'm going to do absolutely nothing but I will squish your head next time.

13. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
  14. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I hear you the same brother. I hope your situational instance didn't make you a company mark moving forward... In my profession standing your ground did in fact drag that instance up. I pray for all of yinz and will float another few your way. I understand, even with misinfo we still have to do best by our homesteads. I wish you and the fam all the best moving forward... God knows we drew a line in the sand with our folks on my end early on. I left it up to them... Which was a personal choice made out of respect, but when dad says boy! I answer the bell.

The majority of the rift is misinfo coupled with folks' own desires I've graduated from youth as many of us have but when parents say screw it all you listen. To each their own and God bless your family!

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The chips are in our phones at the moment. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Careful what you say.... those who accept the chip willingly get good operating systems on their chips. Those who resist get Windows Vista.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s my point. I’m trying not to tread into political talk here, but the people I‘m referring to are the officials who know better but fall short of taking the necessary steps to suppress the virus and bring it under control. In Connecticut there is a very clear mask mandate and we down to 54 people in hospitals statewide with C19, and tests are coming back at 0.6% positive. The states around me are in a similar boat with a similar strategy. I’m staying on Cape Cod right now and some of the towns with densely packed town centers require masks on their Main Street. Compliance is near 100% and people seem to be having as good of a time as they have every other year we’ve been here. Many restaurants and other businesses take names and numbers so that they can assist in contact tracing if there is a confirmed case at their establishments. Simple measures that work.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Debunked. That’s not even a real doctor who signed that. An “NMD” is not a physician trained in a medical school. An NMD is a naturopathic practitioner.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Other than the people intelligent enough to wear a mask where required it is a free for all here in & around Tampa. Some of these mask stories coming out only confirms my belief that Americans are getting dumber.

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This thread is turning into the thread that got deleted about going to Heinz field during covid.

Since it has, my two cents. My summer resort community is like a battle ground. Huge crowds at beach and boardwalk and different opinions abound. I do notice I'm one of the few older people on the beach. Covid be damned I sure the hell ain't missing out on those tender young ladies in those revealing swimsuits.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Watt looks ready for the season

• Like Like x 3
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:applaud:

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    6F6D8C5F-3957-4DCC-B6BC-2E6BBC27BBD5.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Steelers

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    My son tested positive for Coronavirus today. he was feeling a little bad last Friday and as I precaution he went and got tested. He hasn’t had any symptoms other than about half the day Friday. He’s says he feels great right now.
    I’m going to get tested tomorrow and will have to quarantine. I’ll have to see exactly what the official rules are.
    My wife tested negative.
    I have not had any symptoms as of yet.