1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just want to ask

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jul 12, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Jury is still out on that. Going to come down to the O-line. Produce holes and any NFL RB should be able to run through them. And if they are good enough to produce holes that means they are good enough to protect Ben. Although Ben is hard to protect when he holds the damn ball so long.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Our line is geared toward pass blocking imo. Just want the running game to be a factor, enough so that win or lose doesn't always depend on Ben. Our defense is ready with our new EDGE guy Stud Dupree.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I didn't mean ebron would help the run game as a blocker, but the offense because of him being added was just another dimension to it. I have said before the lack of a FB hurt us last year. Ramon as you said was at least a year too late. He also didn't help AV look good last year in pass pro. Not just him either. The push up the middle hurt the tackles from taking their men up the arc and that allowed nowhere for the qb to step up or out of the pocket. One breakdown has a domino effect. It happened way too often. I think this O is in a good situation if it's utilized to its fullest. :cool: