1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt snub on Madden 2021 ratings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Jul 15, 2020.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    86 overall for TJ watt.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-madden-2021-ratings-leaked-early/

Can't say I'm too upset as he's using it 'for motivation,' not that he needs it the dude has been lights out dominant for us in not only pass rushing ability but pass coverage and awareness as well.

He's an all pro and easily top 3 at his position. His presence on the field makes our defense infinitely better, definitely due and deserving of the mega contract I'm sure he will and deserves to get.

I don't play Madden anymore so I don't really care, but I find it humorous how low they rate him.

My rating for him would be in 92 to 95 range overall at least. After all the man is in pretty good competition with his big bro JJ who was 99 overall in just about all categories of stats in his prime.

Anyways food for fodder

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    In my experience with Madden (many years ago), the 85-90 range would give the Player alot of room for explosion of stats. The higher rated players would hold steady or decline. I thing they factor the age of the player also. :shrug:

My favorite memory was taking Ike Taylor from a 78-79 to a 99 with almost yearly pro bowls. They would always snub Polamalu (98-99) though. I would have to get him at least 5 sacks a season on top of his 90+ tackles, 3-4 interceptions. Ed Reed grrrr!!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He got the same as Pouncy. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe the team can use that in negotiating his extension. “Yeah, that guy got a $50 million bonus, but his Madden rating is 95, and your’s is only 86....”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    What is Madden 2021?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In my current Madden 20 season second season of franchise mode Watt has 31 sacks and has a x-factor of nonstop motor. He gets one sack and then goes off no one can block him. So having a lower overall this year won't slow him down any.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I remember loving Madden on MNF and then got a tad bit annoying. I can't believe he wouldn't fly. He must of hated a East Coast game and then the next Monday it was West Coast.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It's a remake of Galactica 1980.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I always find I prefer playing Madden set some years in the future, when it's all generated players with maybe a few old legends hanging around. I prefer it when I'm not spitting feathers about why "real player X" isn't playing in the way he would in real life.

Still, I don't envy when the Madden scouts have to go around training camp and hear from all the players why they're ranked too low etc. I think it was on the Raiders Hard Knocks that they showed that happening? Must be really annoying for those guys just trying to do their jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Galactica use to take all my paper route money at the bowling alley.

Any one know what they rated Dupree?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Ahhh....thank you!:cool: I preferred Galaga.

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I haven't bought a Madden game in years. But don't they do regular ratings adjustments (updates) during the season now? If not, why not?

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    They do some updating but the new thing they push is MUT(Madden Ultimate Team) card packs. Basically like in-app purchases where they give you basic level cards to start and then you buy specialty card packs to improve your team.

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Ugly business behavior. One of the reasons I don't buy anything from EA anymore. It's gambling. You're buying packs to HOPE you get who you want. Unseemly. It's preying especially on children (who don't know better). All driven by the perceived need to keep up with everyone else buying them.

I'm not against companies trying to make some extra cash. But when they start charging you for crap that should be part of the base game, or gambling in getting that one thing you want, I draw the line. Offer value and fair trade, or don't get a dime from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Madden kept his fear of flying rather private. One day the producer of MNF called him at home in California on the Wednesday before an east coast game. His wife said he wasn’t home because he had left for the game. Producer asked why he left so soon. She said it takes him several days to get there on the train. That’s when it come out. That then instigated “The Madden Cruiser”.

On a related note, a friend of mine loved riding the trains for travel. He said he met Madden multiple times in the bar car. According to my friend, John Madden was a really nice guy.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

For a minute I thought you were talking about the Steelers QB play last year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Frak that.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't realize they did that. Not that I was going to go out and buy the game, but now I'm glad I don't play anymore.

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Did some stat checking on the highest rated OLB in Madden 21.

khali mack 97
    von miller 97
    chandler jones 95
    Watt is 86

Now I tallied the 1st 3 season stats of those players and the last 3 seasons for them as well.

mack
    1st 3 = 214 tackles, 30 sacks, 8 FF, 1 int,8 pdef
    last 3 = 158 tackles, 31.5 sacks, 12 FF, 1 int, 11 pdef

von miller
    1st 3 = 156 tackles, 35 sacks, 11 FF, 1 int, 7pdef
    last 3 = 144 tackles, 32.5 sacks, 6FF 1 int, 8 pdef

chandler jones
    1st 3 = 161 tackles, 23.5 sacks, 4 FF, 0 int, 6pdef
    last 3 = 153 tackles, 49 sacks,13FF 12 pdef, 0 int

Now I am adding TJ watt's stats
    1st 3 = 167 tackles, 34.5 sacks, 15 FF, 3 int,18 pdef

So based on those stats,
    Watt is 2nd in total tackles behind Mack's 1st 3 years.
    Watt is 3rd in sacks behind Jones last 3 years, and millers 1st 3.
    Watt is 1st in forced fumbles
    Watt is first in INT AND PDEF showing his versatility as he can cover and pass rush.
    These stats are not including watt's pressure rate which is one of the best.

Watt is not the best OLB right now, because chandler jones is on a tear. Watt is definitely the best ALL AROUND OLB and is only getting better imo.

Watt at 86... lol

If I had to give a madden rating for watt objectively, I would give him a 94.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I usually wait until they are running deals on any of the platforms where the price gets knocked down to 20 bucks. Not sure how much longer I will do that as EA is trying to force consumers more and more online. I probably don't use 60% of the features on the game and only like doing franchise mode. They are really pushing the MUT and online gaming but after forcing people to rage quit during online games back when Vick was a superstar with the Falcons I just don't care to play anymore. They hated that I played online football like the Steelers used to play. They had Davenport and I'd run off tackle with Krieder leading the way and have Ward go in motion and then just plow over defenders. All they would do is be Vick scramble 20 yards backwards then try to bust upfield. That was easily negated by a dbl cb blitz. Oh those were the days.

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I see Minkah is not among the top 10 safeties either which is bizarre.

TJ Watt seems to be one of the most underrated players in the league across the board, he gets forgotten every time I hear a discussion on the best edge players, it’s not just EA that doesn’t see how good he is.

It seems like a lot of Steelers players get overlooked frequently. PFF were having a discussion on the best interior defensive linemen in football recently and Cam Heywards name didn’t even come up which I found incredible given he is first team All Pro two years running at the position.

On a broader point the Steelers are being completely written off for the upcoming season by fans of other teams. They have a very decent roster from where I am standing and if they can stay healthy I think they are a playoff team. The Browns fans in particular are nauseating online, gloating before the season even starts. What short memories they have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    :roflmao:
    Every year...:roflmao:

They were talking playoffs during the Sashi-decable years. :roflmao:

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What do they rate the other 2+3 year superstars? Should I throw my age theory out the window?

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Good post looking at it objectively

• Like Like x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As an avid gamer who enjoys video games just as much as I enjoy studying draft prospects, I can say kindly that EA Games is nothing but a fat joke. What they were from 1999-2012 compared to 2013-Present is SO REPULSIVE. Oh how greed can corrupt even the mightiest.

Best example?! Take Two Interactives ESPN NFL 2K5 was and, still is by many, the best American Gridiron Football Simulation Game of All Time. For that matter, many of 2K5s ingenious physics can still be found today in the Madden Series of games via comparison videos done by both popular and eSports players on YouTube.

For that matter and, this is no means a slight to anyone on this board, I cannot choose which is more offensive;

The fact that "Madden" is still the only American Football Simulation Game you can play until the next 2K Football Game comes....

Or

The fact that people expect an inept Video Game Publisher like EA Games to change their ways?!