1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just want to ask

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jul 12, 2020.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    My wife works supply chain at a hospital so, she puts in her usual 12 hour days. I'm doing yacht deliveries and maintenance and just came back from Mazatlan yesterday. All in all, life is good. Sucks about your spider problem, I'm arachnophobic too! I'd run out of the house screaming like a little girl!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Sorry to hear that Ray... This year ain't no joke fore sure! All we can do is endure! Hang in there.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm healthy. Probably in the best shape of my life. Working 48-52 hours a week. I've been worse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Sorry about your daughter that’s truly an awful thing to go through I’m sure. As a parent I couldn’t imagine. God Bless

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    We are in upstate NY and even though I dislike the governor and he royally screwed up with the nursing homes, NY seems to be going in the right direction. With that being said I’m pretty sure another wave will come through at sone point before the year is done. This problem doesn’t seem to be going away and honestly might be something you just have to live with at least for several years. I’m lucky that my job was transitioned to home and my salary and bonus has been guaranteed at least for 2020. My wife is a stay at home mom and my two little kids are safe with me here. Good luck to everyone and hopefully I will be able to say fire TOMLIN sometime soon!

• Like Like x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Damn man that’s tough to read. I can’t imagine something like that happening to my son... I can’t imagine finding positive like you just did in that darkness. Stay strong :(

• Like Like x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That is a true mother F-----. Our neighbor lost their son in a car accident last Christmas. What a change we see in her. It is awkward to talk to her ever since.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Rattlesnakes aren't just a problem in Texas. This is a guy I went to school with and he catches these little fellas just a couple hours north of Pittsburgh in the ANF. He is completely nuts! That snake is alive and it's massive head is only a foot from his gut!

They are becoming a real problem up north and yet you are not allowed to shoot them..............but we all do:hehehe:

upload_2020-7-14_7-13-9.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Hang in there brother! I am so sorry about your daughter! You are right, you just have to keep plugging away. I hope you find something to help you enjoy every day!

• Like Like x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man, that's rough. Keep your own advice: persevere, carry on, forge ahead, there will be good years too. Maybe sooner than you think.

I wish you strength, courage and all the best.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    As many have stated already, waking up and seeing daylight is always a rewarding and cherished moment. I truly feel for those of you going through troubled times in life, work or health. I've entered my 7th decade, have an abundance of ongoing Urban Planning/Financing consulting work and just completed a 230 mile solo move up US Hwy 395 to Bishop CA from my cabin in the Mojave Desert after 20 years. Needed the change of scenery and existence after my Wife passed 3 years ago and finally took the initiative to change my life and locale and finally clean that place out and get it ready as a rental. I've managed to lose about 35 lbs in the process of packing, cleaning and moving and am in pretty damn good shape and quite healthy for a geezer. Also finally dropped Direct TV after 20 years of exorbitant rates and have joined the 21st century with Roku and Fios vs satellite TV and internet and will probably subscribe to that NFL package of watching games on delay on the cheap vs the killer DTV rates. I wish only the best for all of you my cyber pals - would love to get us all together for an afternoon at a centrally located Steelers bar/restaurant, raise a glass and see who all you folks are. :drinks::herewego!:

• Like Like x 6
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You have deepest sympathy... Can't complain about anything after reading this...Hang in there Ray...May the Lord give you comfort and strength!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Thank you for the kind words, everyone.

I truly didn't mean to derail this thread or dampen the mood. It's the first I mentioned it publicly I think (our mods all knew for a long time now).

The sentiment I really wanted to convey is that even when things are bleak, you have to keep the faith. The world isn't going to stop for you. And even if you can't yet see it, there WILL be better days. Some football would be a nice diversion ;) but I'm not holding my breath for that.

In the bright side, I have another grandson on the way this December. :) But my daughter is in Germany. I'm really hoping travel will be possible soon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ray I am so terribly sorry for you, My problems are pale compared to yours. I will say a prayer for you. May God be with you and your family.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Praying for you Ray!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    We got a good group of guys here I’ll tell you. I go overboard with the TOMLIN crap because I’ve become known for it now and he really has blown golden opportunities but I really wish all of you the best.

PS

Fire TOMLIN

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We had a cottage/cabin. My wife came running out of the “rustic” basement yelling that there was a snake in the dryer. I told her if it found it’s way in it could find it’s way out. She looked at me and said “get rid of the snake or get rid of the dryer”. Snake was relocated.

18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sounds like a ploy my wife would make to get a new dryer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I WILL be coming up that way sometime this summer, (God willin' and the Covid don't rise) I'll PM you when I do. We can meet at Lake Sabrina at the restaurant!

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Kudos to getting your first place. The same here. My issue is water. Got to put in a french drain. Was neglected for years.

Everything is positive here despite the Covid fears and working in the healthcare setting in the trenches.

Looking forward to an NFL season to watch football not politics. Funny how the game helps tune out all the bs for a bit to focus on a really fun sport to watch and play giving a bit of escape from realities of the real world watching the world's best athletes go head to head.

I'm excited about the Steelers this year assuming everyone plays or if we have a season at all. It's good for the psyche if they do.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Well if they do play the NFL will be more about politics than ever before my friend. Better put the TV on mute and change the channel during commercials. They don’t call it “programming” for nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah it's good to have a filter for the programming. I'm good with the beer, pepsi, hot chicks, and car commercials.

Anything else yeah put it on mute

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So you just want to throw 133 win Tomlin away.;) Just goofing with ya.

24. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Shooting him into the sun would work

• Like Like x 2
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There was a third option ya know:hehehe: