1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would AFC CG cost

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jonnypgh, Jul 8, 2020.

1. jonnypgh

jonnypgh New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    The sporting event that I want to attend the most in my life is a home AFC Championship Game. Living in ATL, if I were to ever go to a home AFC Championship game, I'd have to book a flight, get hotel room or Airbnb, tix, etc. about 1 week before the game. Who knows if I will have to make the decision to go to a home AFC Championship in the foreseeable future, but if I did, how much do you think it'd cost me? Anyone fly to Pittsburgh for the ones in 2011 or 2009? I guess any recent home playoff game for that matter.

Also, would it be worth it? I'd think it definitely would be (that is... if the Steelers win) Lol

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Tickets at a minimum would start at around $300+ each.

“The foreseeable future” is rather optimistic?

3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    It’s now called the Covid Bowl played in a dust storm in the Mad Max Thunderdome

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. jonnypgh

jonnypgh New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Haha gotta try & be optimistic in these times

5. Leland Bonelli

Leland Bonelli New Member

Jul 8, 2020

IMO a home Championship game is the fans Super Bowl. I’m sure you’d be looking at a few hundred dollars

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Your dream has a chance. I always said if the Pirates make it to the World Series I would be right behind home plate for the games even if it cost me ten grand a game. I'm positive that won't happen. My son is happy about it since it won't cut into his inheritance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Well you probably have 10-20 years to save up for that. Dollar a day in a jar.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I don't get the pessimism. Granted, we don't have the offense we had 5 years ago, but then again neither do we have the defense we had 5 years ago neither.

If Ben comes back resembling the 2018 Ben we'll still have a pretty potent offense. If the defense stays equal to last year's squad we have an elite D. If the team stays relatively healthy I see a Super Bowl team. Of course injuries can change this but the same could be said of any team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lamar or Mahomes has the SB wrapped up according to a few "Steelers fans" around these parts. Ben has been washed up for years...:roflmao:

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Just like "the window" has been closing for the last ten years. I'm beginning to think they need to get a tradesman to look at that window, it never seems to shut.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, absolutely.

I have been to every home Steelers AFCG. Every one is great. It is a tremendous crowd event.

Anyone who says they would rather watch it in the comfort of their own home doesn’t know :bscow:.

• Agree Agree x 1