1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just realized I don't really care if there's a football season or not

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Rollers, Jun 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm tired of all the politics in football now. This year is going to be a true cluster. Tomlin now supports "his players" protesting. I remember they sent Villy out all by himself while the other team members stayed in the tunnel. Villy served in combat. To those of you that say it's not about the flag then why do they do it during the national anthem? To me, and I'm an old man that served 24 years in the Army, 1st cavalry division scouts, with three tours it most certainly is. I have loved this message board but I think I'm done with all of it. We have people destroying cities, blaming all police officers for the actions of a few, and on and on. So go ahead and call me a racist I'm good with that I guess. I"m going to take my two dogs out on Sunday to the lake and the park and enjoy them along with my wife. My son and I are building me my own AR and I hope that takes up some of my time and then it will be time for 3 gun and range therapy. This country isn't the one I fought for. So anyway probably no one will read this since it's this forum. I have loved the Steelers for 50 years. There were some truly terrible teams in there :) Now? I don't really care if they win another game in my lifetime. I hope you all have a great time and stay safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Bye Felicia

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you for your service. You're free to carry on as you choose. Enjoy real life. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Nothing perfect in our world and there is a lot of BS in the NFL but I try to look past the BS stuff and just focus on football. I really want an NFL season just to watch the AFC North. So much going on in our division, Obviously how Ben does is huge, will the Ravens repeat what they did last season, will Baker Mayfield bounce back (hope not) , how will the Bengals develop Burrow who I fear. Should be fun to watch and I want it to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019

At least get your facts right, they didn't send Villy out there by himself, he chose to ease on out there on his own. And what really did you expect Tomlin to do about it. And if a little kneeling hurt your feelings so much, think how much some people our hurting that they have to protest just to get equal rights.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, we're not rehashing this again.

Against board rules in a few ways. We tried to give everyone some leeway last time and it went off the rails. This is the only warning I'll give:

I see anything even slightly political in either direction, anything even slightly racial in any direction, I'll either delete the post or lock and/or delete the entire thread.

No one listens to differing views anyway. They just straw man argue and shout each other down. Pointless.

As a reminder, board rules state: No politics. No religion. No personal attacks.

Carry on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.