1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Tens of Thousands of healthy people dropping dead in the streets? I think you have been watching too many apocalyptic movies my man. Come back to reality brother. Average age of death in NY is 81. Not sure but I think the average age of death through a normal course of life is around 76 or so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m glad to hear that you’re doing it right and your business is surviving. I hope that people here in the Tri State area continue to respect this disease and other people, and take reasonable precautions. That’s really all it takes is respect for how this disease can spread and what it can do, and respect for other human beings.

I think you’re clearly right about bars. Really, any indoor space with people in close quarters projecting their voices without masks is a feeding ground for any infectious respiratory disease. Bars. Religious services where people are singing. Crowded offices like call centers. There are examples of all of these where 1 asymptotic or presymtomatic individual has resulted in 50+ new infections.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

the whole it violates my freedoms crap is asinine to me. Those very same people don’t say a word about no shirt, no shoes, no service, but ask them to wear a mask during a ****ing pandemic and you’re communist trying to overthrow the us government.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

He didn’t say dropping in the streets.

so it’s okay that people are losing their lives over this because they’re old. Nice! At what age is acceptable to you?

5. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Im not saying that it’s a certain age that should be acceptable to dying don’t be a JO. I’m simply calling out his BS fear mongering statement.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    upload_2020-6-30_8-15-1.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Yet once again. He didn’t say anything about people dying in the streets. You did! It’s your Bs that’s the issue

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Crisis actors.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Watching all that is unfolding in the world I wish it was possible to bring back a few people from 20,000 years ago. I'm convinced they would stop copulating so we would die out. I'm pretty sure they would come back in black and gold outer wear.

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I know of no one who died from covid but sadly a young girl we knew died from this type accident.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think your reading comprehension skills need to be improved. :rolleyes:

13. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Show me the tens of thousands of healthy young people dying. I’ll wait

14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Keep living in fear maybe the government will let you outside for a walk again one day. Softer than Tomlin's cover 0!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

This is where denial gets us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was on line to get on the Great American Scream Machine at Great Adventure and after each ride, a employee goes along kicking the wheels, the one he kicked right in front of me splits in half and falls off :eek:

They swapped it out but to this day I dont know how I still got on that rider after that. Youth, think you are invincible.

17. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018

And this is where we have problems in America.
    She puts up that grapg blindly.
    She doesnt tell you how sick they are, how many people were tested and little to no information and bozo's likle Mr. Blast furnace believe it.

Out of the 27 EU nations almost half arent testing regularly due to cost.
    Of the rest of the countries they're doing(per wall street) "a couple thousand a day".

So that graph shows 27 countries testing 40-50,000 tests a day(at most) to a country who's testing 500,000 people a day.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You’re not intelligent enough to have this discussion with.

Bye :wave:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The guy was 100% political agenda and 0% fact. Never backed up a single number. Granted, I would personally never cite Rachel Maddow as an unbiased source, but this data is clear. It’s not just Europe. Literally every first world country has gotten past their initial outbreak and avoided resurgence thus far by having a population of mostly responsible people who take reasonable steps to protect the people around them. In this country the percentage of irresponsible people is scary. My international friends are looking at us and asking me “what the hell is wrong with you Americans?” I have no good answer.

I’m just hopeful that the treatment protocols have advanced to the point where this resurgence is less deadly than the initial wave when doctors didn’t have reliable info on what works to treat this disease.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Again, work on your reading comprehension jujubean.

In fact write your own conclusions & quit adding words to mine. How you get people dying in the streets & thousands of young'uns dropping dead from what I wrote sounds like you need to put the bottle down for awhile. ;)

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Fair point about Maddow but yeah, there’s plenty of other sources to show the same.

We’re heading in the wrong direction.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep. Some people will say that our deaths have not spiked. That’s great, and I really hope they don’t, but it’s too soon to say that. Deaths follow infection by weeks. Also, with this wave of tested patients being younger, the more vulnerable people that they have come in contact with are more newly infected. The very concerning indicator is hospitalized patients. As an example, Texas is transparent in reporting data, and shows almost 6,000 now vs. less than 2,000 just 3 weeks ago. That’s a steep slope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    COVID-19 is like an injury. You rush back too soon and it may get worse.

24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I did... It was tongue in cheek. Nonetheless, the media was off and running with it.

25. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Here is your exact quote bubba:

How do you explain the tens of thousands of otherwise healthy people dropping dead in a matter of weeks? Apparently this "virus" hasn't hit anyone close to you.

Once again show me data of tens of thousands HEALTHY people dropping dead???

And no people in a nursing home on hospice are not considered healthy for the record.

I’ll continue to wait.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.