1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 season guesses

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Did she quarantine for a few weeks? Players would have to also to keep from spreading their cooties? It could get shut down when more players get infected & not enough to field a team. Say Cincy gets a spike & 3/4 of the team gets positive, do they forfeit games for a few weeks?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If that happened to Cincy, they would have to bring on players from the practice squad and the street. They might actually win a game if that happens!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Off topic, but how would you feel about housing me while I play a couple golf courses down your way? Asking for a friend!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Lol. Cmon down. Lots of Steelers fans in my plan. Bring beer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    MLB
    Players will undergo COVID-19 testing upon arrival, then begin workouts if they test negative. Players, coaches and support staff will be tested for COVID-19 every other day during training camps, the regular season and postseason

That will be 900 tests every 2 days; that seems crazy. One false positive and you are shutdown?

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    She did quarantine but was in same house as my brother-in-law and she lives around corner from me and I was in house also. Nothing happened to either of us but I did not get tested. Very confusing to me how the hell this will play out. My luck the BUCS will be a shocker and have a great record and then they will shut down.

Wish the Steelers would have won the last SB. There is a possibility they could have held the title for more then a year. The Chiefs could be champs for a long time if things go south.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bucs being a shocker...I see the fanatic in you, lol.

My nephew came over about a month ago, got into everything & told us his work buddy has the covid infection...:facepalm:

Anyway I was feeling bad the next weekend (dehydrated due to FL humidity)
    & went & got tested. Negative results for both me & my nephew. :yahoo:

• Like Like x 2
  11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    It's hard to nail down with Ben's recovery. If he's fully healthy, we're probably 12-4 or 11-5; if he's 60% of his old self, we're probably 10-6; if we're looking at Mason and company, I'd go with 8-8. The defense will keep them in most games.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    what do you think they will do if they say no fans?
    Refund the money in full I assume?

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I read somewhere either refund or credit to next year.

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers sent me an e-mail a while back (5-6 weeks ago) and said if no fans weren't allowed to attend. They would either offer a refund on season tickets purchased or just use what was paid for a Credit toward 2021 season tickets.

I'd probably just use it as a credit if no 2020 season and we aren't allowed to go to games.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think the Steelers will be somewhere between 9-7 and 12-4 assuming a full season and a ‘normal’ level of injuries. I am hopeful Ben will be fine.

Looking at the projected Steelers starters I don’t see a glaring weakness anywhere, the depth at certain positions is not great however, safety in particular. They have good continuity from last year also, Hargrave being the only key departure. That could be important with the shortened pre season and the likelihood of at least some preseason games being cancelled.

PFF has them at no. 10 in terms of roster strength if that is of any relevance.

If Covid is still rampant I don’t see how a season can go ahead. Even with no fans at games you could potentially have situations where whole position groups gets sick together. Imagine if 3-4 of your starting OLine get Covid from each other and are missing for several weeks, it would be reckless to put Ben or any other QB behind a makeshift line in order to fulfil fixtures. Even with a regular testing programme players are going to get it and possibly give it to other players.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Season still has a shot but some things need to come together. One is mandatory masks and for the states currently suffering outbreaks need to shut down right now. As someone who has went through it, a shut down now would put them on pace to faltten the curve by September.

Advancement in treatment will go a long way to making it happen too.

If they play one, all hinges on Ben. What will he be like after a year away? Will he stay healthy? If he steps back in and doesn’t miss a beat AND more importantly plays thje whole season, 11-5.

JuJu and DJ have big seasons, Ebron and Vance will have good seasons too.

The line and running game are my biggest question marks. If they play up to snuff and the defense hbas another stellar year, 11-5 easy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope they do play but keep in mind that some players may opt out to protect they families from the COVID-19. They are doing it in the MLB and some are very notable names.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The depth at ILB is worrisome, and no backup at FS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Diamond

May 26, 2012
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I still think Mark Barron comes back on a 1 year cheap deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011