1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Game and Ceremonies Canceled

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Jun 25, 2020.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Not that anyone would want too... Mandates and decrees being hurled are hardly anything we'd want to believe but it's there.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As cases rise because of non responsible individuals, and bear in mind it is summer wait till the fall, the season might be scrapped if cases start effecting players. This is league wide. They will give it a go I believe but if the virus cases rise the season will be cancelled.

Personally my life won't be effected if the season is cancelled. Peoples safety to me is more important at this time. Will I be bummed out? Of course. But i'm more bummed out that this virus effected my career. And I have family that has been infected, none passing thank goodness.

So stay safe Steeler friends, and be smart.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You as well my man! We all can get through this! I know it!

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, it's mainly empty stadiums as far as soccer goes. The TV has to dub in crowd noise in some cases, which is a bit bizarre. Apparently some players have employed coaches to help them psyche up for games and raise their emotional investment, as it's difficult to do without a crowd.

It's important to remember that easing of lockdown is essentially political rather than medical/scientific. That's not meant in a derogatory way, it's just the case that with so many interests to manage across so many different areas, it's always going to be a political decision. It can also lead to odd-looking choices - like, in the UK, at one point rugby was allowed to resume but cricket wasn't... even though cricket involves standing miles apart from each other, and rugby involves putting your head in-between someone else's thighs...

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey AskQuestionsLater.

I have been lurking way more than posting lately. I need to get back into the mix. I just do not see a season taken place for what I heard and am about to state next. There is so much uncertainty still with Covid-19. I know money and politics dictate a lot of these decisions but at what cost?

Okay, here I go. This is what has me concerned if the season is to actually take place:

I read something the other day that each game will be taken week by week. That if a team has too many players testing positive that week then it may lead to forfeits. That is totally and completely unfair and erratic. It makes no sense. This is what an asterisk (*) has been invented for. Such a scenario would create a totally uneven playing field. For instance, it seems this so-called 2nd Wave is hitting the Southern States the hardest. So, let's say that teams in those regions have to forfeit an inordinate amount of games compared to "Northern" teams. It just would not make sense to proceed with a season under those circumstances. I could give a hundred more reasons as to why a season may not, and should not, materialize but I would only be stating the obvious. However, the above mentioned really got me to thinking how unfair it would be with this "forfeiting" scenario. It just would not make sense nor would it create a sense of fairness let alone the emptiness that would come along with such "hollow" victories.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid