1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 season guesses

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jun 23, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Since we are not going to have Steeler football and I'm PO'd I won't get to run my prediction contest just wondering how fellow fans thought 2020 season would play out.

As an eternal pessimist I had Ben going down early and a 7-9 season. Figured division was going to be between Browns/Ravens.

Ben played all 16 and was in decent shape plus D played like last season 2020 would have been awesome to follow. I would have though something like 11-5 if injury bug stayed away.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The NFL will roll on. I would be shocked if it didn't. The NFL is just a different animal than every other sports league.

I think we're an 11-5 team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben would have been comeback player of the century.

12-4
    Knock the Raisins off the division title because the Browns take a game from Baltimore.
    Ben 5-1 in the division
    Bungles picking in top 10 again.

Steelers get bounced in Pittsburgh by the Bradyless Faketriots in the playoffs.

Chiefs repeat.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I hate it, but I don't think Ben finishes the season and ends his career with a whimper. We are 10-6 at best.

If he proves me wrong and stays healthy, we go 13-3 and lose the championship round to the Chiefs who go on to get upset by the 49'rs in the SB.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Why would you post for guesses on something that won't happen? If its not going to happen, who cares, right? I believe it will therefore my prediction will be a solid 8-8. Have all the chess pieces again but we'll still be playing checkers.

6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I would agree with you on the 8-8, but our defense is going to be better this season and is worth at least a couple wins all by themselves.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The season will be played, it might be without fans though.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    As season ticket holder I think it's becoming less and less liking we are going to be allowed to attend games.

I will go if allowed but I'm taking it at best a 50/50 shot at being allowed to do so.

Steelers tickets office said I would either be refunded or can credit to 2021 tickets since they are already paid for if no games with fans for 2020.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If there is a season, the league had better make sure that the rules for teams reporting who is in/out every week due to illness/positive tests are clear and contain no loopholes for Bellichick to manipulate like he manipulates the injury list.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    3-2

Then season suspended

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I have us going 16-0 and another Superbowl title since we are only guessing because why not?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    10-6 as I said. However, the ceiling and floor for this team is so uneven. It all depends on which Ben we see. Should we see a Big Ben who can somehow return to his former glory, even something like 13-3 is not out of the question given this defense.

However, if Big Bens best days are truly behind him, look for 9-7. As seen last season, there is this aspect called rest that an NFL Defense needs. Over the course of the 2019 season, Pittsburgh's Defense had been on the field for 1240 snaps; 19th in the league. However, here is where the devil lies in the little details.

Pittsburgh's Offensive Snap totals were 1142; second worst in the league. This is also compounded by the second worst rate to obtain first downs via 20.1%. First down totals are not better at 30th place with 230 total to the teams credit. Finally, the turnover percentage; 30th total in the league in 2019. Regardless of how talented any defense is, should they be unable to obtain any rest, they are certain to fail.

Overall?! Quite a bit is riding on Big Ben's return. Whatever form of ability he has remaining in that right arm is going to determine how far Pittsburgh will go in 2020.

*** All Stats & Figures were found here ***

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    12-4 Super Bowl

• Like Like x 2
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I believe we get an 8 game season at best this year, with probably a 2 game pre-season. I see no way the NFL kicks off on time. My parents live in Florida and things are getting crazy there right now. I live on the coast here in North Myrtle Beach and things are getting crazy here as well. Some areas may be ready to host games by the time the season starts, and others will not.

In a strange way, a shortened season my help Ben, coming off the injury at his age.

Full season I would say 11-5 and a playoff run that goes into the divisional round at least.

Half season I would say 6-2 and a run that takes us to the AFCC game.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    North Myrtle Beach, nice.
    Does Boulineau's grocery still have the NE clam chowder on their hot bar? It was sensational.
    I was banned from the Cherry Grove Pier for 'intentional shark fishing' last time I was down there.

16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Sure does. Best prepared food section of any grocery I have ever been to IMO. I am am actually right outside Cherry Grove. Surprised you were kicked off the Cherry Grove Pier for intentional shark fishing. It's what most people do. If they did that to everyone the pier would be empty.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It was awhile ago, 2007-08ish. Maybe policies have changed, but back then rigging for sharks was frowned upon. Shark by-catch wasn't a problem, but chumming and/or slitting up a live catch and casting it back out was a no-no.
    If I wasn't working, I was either fishing or at Bass Pro buying stuff to fish with. The good old days.
    I remember there was a Steelers bar in the area too, with a huge Steelers emblem painted on it.

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    That would be Oscar's. One of the coolest Steelers bars I have ever been to. We go there all the time. It just got shut down recently . One of the employees tested positive for Covid. Not sure when they are opening back up, and I may give it a while before we go back. Game days are cool. Waitresses wear Steelers jerseys and they drop down a big screen to show the game.

I'm not much of a fisherman. So I don't know who's chumming for sharks or not. But I walk out on the pier a few times a year. It seems like someone pulls a small shark out of the water every time I'm there.

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was in the area mostly during spring and summer, not much during football season. I renewed my cell phone while I was working there and I still have the Myrtle Beach SC area code and number on my current phone.
    Regarding sharks from the pier, catching them wasn't the problem, targeting them was. Something about chum drawing bigger sharks in where the swimmers and surfers were, blah blah blah.;+)

20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    The testing rule will be interesting. Will they test everyone weekly, or will it be a random test, and then comes the "Belichick Special" of letting the team's staff decide who to test each week?

What will be the punishment for a positive test?

If they are not testing everyone weekly then you are going to have a lot of finger pointing for cheating.

BTW. I saw Tomlin's video where he said that 2 players have tested positive.

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Off topic here steel machine but looks like your Pirates are going to play this year. It will be interesting to see what happens in MLB 60 game season. Will they be able to finish? Could be like a hamster test on the upcoming NFL season.

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    One word: Boredom

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    But the Cowboys beat us in the SB 42-7. Oh wait might as well make me live in hell, the Eagles beat us 42-7.

24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    As much as I know my boys will suck I'm hoping like hell they play. If they play 60 I'm guessing 22 wins at best.

I'm confused about this test positive stuff. My sister, a nurse, tested positive and beside being freaked out of her mind nothing happened. I would assume if a player test positive they will shut everything down???????

• Like Like x 1
  25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1