1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That's very sad to hear. I wish you the best of luck navigating these troubled times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Idiots that’s what lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you Steel Elvis much appreciated. Yes I was hoping to atleast get to
    SS . We will keep plugging away. Hope for the best. It certainly will change/delay my
    plans hopes going forward.In these pandemic times jobs at the salary I was making are not to readily available.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  4. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you for your well wishes , I will keep plugging away, maybe tough for a 60 year old
    to secure another job at my salary level in these pandemic times. I have been fortunate to have worked pretty steady
    my entire 45 year working career but I never made boatloads of money either, and have no pension just 401k
    that I didn't want to tap. Or was hoping to tap for fun time. With God's help will get through this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    At this point I don't see how we are going to have an NFL/football season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've surrendered:( Our Steelers won't be playing. At least I have my Golf which is strange to watch minus the fans.

Bright side: I am guessing the cruise my wife scheduled with her family members is going to be cancelled. It is in January. Didn't really want to spend 10 days with my in-laws.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If there is no season, I wonder how they will do the draft next year? Do FA become FA or do they still have a year? Etc.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thats what I was wondering as well, how are they going to have the year for in regards to accrued playing seasons. How is TJ's fifth year option work if there is no season, is Dupree's franchise tag still apply if there is no season, do Juju and Conner get that accrued season to end their rookie deals. I'm sure guys with incentive laden bonuses will be shorted money how will that work. As much thought as they are putting in to find ways to have a season I hope equal time is being given to not having one.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I would think players contract situations would stay status quo, like the season never existed. I don't know about the draft (not that I know about any of it, really). I can picture a lot of negotiating going on between owners, the NFLPA, agents, lawyers, cheerleaders, mascots, beer jockeys, parking lot attendants, ect.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe there's hope for Florida to curtail the spread. Apparently the Gov has finally acknowledged that the increase in cases is not simply the result of increased testing, and is focusing on the lack of responsibility being shown by younger people in bars and clubs. At least he's past the point of denial (for the moment anyway). The question is will he do anything about it.

Texas Dept of Health and Human Services has now reported record hospitalizations for C19 for 9 straight days and 12 of the last 13 days. Before June 8, the previous peak for hospitalizations was 1,888 on May 5, and they now have 3,247 people hospitalized. Not a good trend. However, there's hope. I saw where Texas has suspended some alcohol permits for violation of C19 reopening guidelines. I guess it's something to acknowledge that sitting on their tuffets won't do much.

Who knows whether we'll get to a point where games can be played? I feel pretty darn sure that if there's football, it will be played in empty stadiums.

11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You think the owners will allow players to have full salaries if they can't fill stadiums? I don't. They will probably end up in a stand still over money like MLB anyway.

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    He's blamed NYers, migrant workers, prisoners, cruise ship passengers, and now young people. Not a peep about how his poor response to the virus might be at fault.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Season starts Thursday night Nov 5th.
    I've made 3 predictions over the last 2 months or so on here, all have been dead on, all been politics related.

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do you realize that this isn't a political website/forum, and we've been asked to refrain from those discussions here, or do you just not care...

15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    An answer to the original question. No. Since there is not going to be an NFL season when I visit family in the Burgh I'll stroll around the point and will walk by Heinz and PNC. I won't miss the crack of the bat (Pirates can't hit the ball) but I will miss the crowd going crazy when Ben hits JuJu for 6.

16. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    It wasnt a trump is the best, or trump is an idiot post
    it was a fact and a prediction
    Election in Nov 3rd
    I'd bet the league starts that Thursday.

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Here's a prediction for you. Keep posting that BS on here and this thread will be shut down. You must have been trying to post this to facebook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're right, it wasn't specific to one political leaning, but that doesn't stop people from responding with their opinion. I've seen too many good forums get ruined by this stuff.
    Maybe I'm over-stepping, I don't know.

19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hey, just want to get this out to all of my friends here in the South and West, from someone in NY- Please take this seriously. My state suffered massively, and we're just starting to come out of it. Please learn from our mistakes, and don't be the one's that "have to pee on the electric fence".

Edit- Just wanted to add specifially for Roonatic- be safe, my friend. your people down there are doing everything they can to make this a disaster.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sadly this forum is sort of useless now:( Really pisses me off!! About now we would be getting excited for training camp and I believe a few posters give reports from camp. This site is the only social media I participate in. Going to be a damn long winter.

21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can find something quick and stay safe. Wishing the best for you!

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Too late for the south. The powers that be opted to stick their heads in the sand and pretend it would magically disappear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks SCNB I hope so too, I am nervous that I may find a job but be exposed more
    to the virus. Oh well I am just trying to keep roof over my head and stay healthy.
    Maybe by the time my unemployment would run out, they will have a vaccine/treatment
    and more jobs will be available?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    You maybe right?

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

We have had about 1,000 cases per day for a week. That’s about 300 more cases per day than back in April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.