1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Paxon Lynch the Future

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DBoyZ Mike, May 9, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Speak for yourself. Again, try to keep up, worst I have ever seen, meaning Steelers history. You keep making arguments I am not.

Your stats are useless, comparing 80’s football to the two handed touch that is basically today’s football is a joke and classic bending stats to make an argument.

2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    ok this is going to tell you all how old I am. I remember a guy named Izo that was drafted number 2 in the first round that played for Pittsburgh he was TRULY awful LOL. I also remember a guy named Kent Nix. The Steelers have had some real stinkers when it comes to the QB position and I think Rudolph will be right there as one of them. But he would have to go pretty far to overtake these two. Joe Gilliam was horrendous as well. There was one game he completed only like 8 passes out of something like 30 attempts. 1974. sorry to digress but I did want to add some context to the discussion as to the awful QBs that have played in the burgh

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You got me beat :lolol:

I don’t go back to those guys. Gilman I remember but couldn’t recall a single memory of a pass he threw. I start with Bradshaw.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Liked what? The Vannett trade? Nah. If something related to the deal comes up, I'm going to write that it was a terrible move yet again.

5. BeaverBoy

BeaverBoy Member

Jan 21, 2019

6. BeaverBoy

BeaverBoy Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Quarterback play is not simply an adding up of physical attributes. You have to have the head for it. Why start Duck over Lynch? The coaches know things we don't. Look at little Montana--what a head--look at Brady--what a head. Hey look at Bradshaw, dumb as a stump, but what a player.

7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    There wasn’t anything wrong with the Vannett trade. With Mac down, it was a position of need, the value was fair and he had potential. What went wrong was that our idiotic OC didn't know what to do with tight ends.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Did the OP mention Ben's replacement?:roflmao:

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011