1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Most compassionate people don't view human lives as numbers. People are fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, grand parents, ect. The effects of this virus are not media or politically driven. One main issue from a virus like COVID19 is that healthcare systems can become over whelmed in efforts to treat infected people.

Maybe your perspective would be different if you witnessed pregnant women bring "proned" in an effort to supply oxygen to their lungs? There are so many unknows about COVID19. Time is needed to reveal COVID19 secrets. People would be wise to proceed with caution until COVID19 goes away or there is an effective treatment. Neither of which might not happen.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Mod Edit: Don’t go there. Sorry Mods for bringing about this fact and I will restrain from any further comments on this topic. I know the truth hurts sometimes but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2020
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Since this thread has gone a bit off topic may I ask a question? Will we have to wear a mask the rest of our lives?? No way some magic man can say the virus is all gone, that is impossible. They may never find a 100% cure for it. Hell we don't have a cure for Aides and they been working on that since the 80's.

I hate wearing the mask as I'm sure most do so I ask again will we ever be permitted to go into a store without a face covering????? As a man who loved flirting when I was in my prime I sort of feel bad for the young people today.

4. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    My problem is the media is only releasing what they want to release.
    Couple examples...
    - The company who bashed the president, and told us hurdrocycl..... wouldnt work, was basically a shell company and was striped of their licensing from the FDA
    - Oral Steroid is doing really really well
    - The "Spike" that Florida, Texas, these states that are open are extremely low compared to march and april. So is 20 cases compared to 5 a "spike" sure. But to sell it as fear when we had thousands a day is truly sad.

At the end of the day, About 3 million people die each year. Even with this pandemic we're right on pace(if not to be below the last couple years death numbers) depending on where you look.
    Is it sad, yes. but it's also the circle of life when you look at who's dying. Extremely old or have an extreme underlying medical condition.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree with you Rollers on the protesting. As far as not having a season idk. There are some promising signs that this epidemic will run its course to a saturation point & stabilize. The bad #s (infected rate) should continue upwards until we reach that saturation point.

Hang in there with beating cancer my brother. That is what life is, conquering problems until God has a better plan for you.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I wore a mask one time when I desperately needed a haircut and was forced to do so. The only people where I live that are wearing masks are also forced to do so by their employers and even they are improperly wearing them. They flip them on when dealing with customers but off when talking to coworkers. I think it's all overblown at this point. JMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  8. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I wear a mask in public now. Pretty much everybody does in Tampa the last few weeks. I don't want to be the target of some disgruntled group looking for vigilante justice for their beliefs. I have become a sheeple.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Covid virus aside, I never have been real keen on breathing other peoples coughs and sneezes. Plus (as someone else mentioned) I'm not young and handsome anymore, the mask hides my turkey neck.;+)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My wife prefers that I put my Steelers mask on for nookie. I’m not sure how to take that. Does she just really LOVE the Steelers, or.... uh never mind...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up on this. There is a lot of observational data available online that shows about 50% reduction in people taking this heartburn medicine compared to people not taking it when becoming sick.

I am sure pharmacy companies will do everything in their power to make sure a case study does NOT happen as their would be no money in this generic drug.

I know I will be recommending to my friend and family to have a bottle of this on hand if they start to feel any symptoms. Can be found at any supermarket and the generic is about $5.00

13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    From what I’ve read, Columbia University Irving Medical Center and Northwell Health are doing a randomized trial.

14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    ECHINACEA my friends! Herbal product that boost the immune system. I've had nothing but success with it. First sign of a cold or any other illness and I take it. I've been taking one a day since this pandemic has started. Know many who have tried it and all report results. Really shortens a cold.

15. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    No, I am going to all games...Good Lord willing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Probably along the lines of the plague and leprosy which both still exist. If it’s under reasonable control. You take the chance.

Unfortunately, until people take it seriously, it will not get under reasonable control.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t take insult. At least it’s the Steelers. My wife prefers that I wear a George Clooney mask.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Fauci was pretty down on the idea of the NFL playing this fall.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Leprosy can be cured by antibiotics, and plaque can be controlled with regular brushing and flossing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, plague, smarty pants :smiley1:

But, still floss

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is true. However...... People die every day and die of lots of things. People take risks, like driving to work, having a cigarette, cutting down a tree, and sometimes that kills them.

People overdosed, committed suicide and beat their spouses to death during the lockdown, in order to save us all from Covid deaths. People need to be responsive, people need to be careful, but we are gonna have to learn to live with this virus, as many cant hide under their beds waiting for the red death to pass.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    You cannot compare a biological threat to driving to work, smoking, cutting down tree, ect. No one chooses to be infectrd.

I agree we are learning to live with can care for people with COVID19. The problem in the USA is that many people don't believe it's real and won't take responsible steps or be careful. It's the selfish nature of many individuals in this country that put other people's lives at risk.

Did you witness what COVID19 and cytokine storm does to people with your own eyes? Have you cared for those people in the hospital? Steroids are helping reduce cytokine storm but until there is an effective treatment for COVID19 we need to proceed with caution. COVID19 is the real deal. No one's ever seen a virus like it. There are still potential long term negative health effects from having Covid19.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Funny, you know what I did not read in that article was about anyone having to go to the hospital let alone die.

I live in a county of 200,000 people we have a total of 64 positive tests, no hospitalizations , and of course no deaths.
    The place I worked at employed 183 people, we were down to 11 employees in April and May.

We are currently trying to hire people back, but right now we are having problems with our staff making a lot more money on unemployment than they would coming back to work!
    Unemployment is currently paying $52,000 per year.

From earlier posts please check out Famotidine.
    The Science: https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/Pepcid-treat-COVID-19/98/i25
    The dosage: https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86893
    Common Heartburn Drug for COVID-19 Symptoms?
    — In case series, non-hospitalized patients felt better within 1-2 days of starting famotidine

Phase 3 trial ongoing. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04370262

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes and more time is needed to determine if any treatment options are viable. Until then we need to proceed with caution.

25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah I'm sad to say I doubt very much I'll see our boys:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.