1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DDinAZsteel1, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Certainly a ton of negativity and dsigust flying around out there (and rightfully so) after that abysmal defensive meltdown yesterday. However, I must comment on our QB's play. He is lighting it up right now. It is unfortunate that all 3 elements of the team cannot be on the same page, but I must give props to #7 in his distribution and accuracy. The fact that he seems to be up against 3rd and long every single drive (multiple times) is not good, but I am gald he is having such success there. Without him, this team would be in even bigger trouble!

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man, stop giving this dude so much credit! As far as I'm concerned, what is the last thing he did for the team, NOT WIN THE GAME. Ben has had two opportunities this year to direct a last minute comeback drive or go ahead drive and win the game. Both times he has failed. He had an INT against the Broncoes, his fault, and an incomplete pass yesterday aganist the Raiders that ended our chances. In his first five years in the league, he had 26 last minute comeback drives to win games. He had one last year against the lowly Colts who almost beat us. Now, if he directs a comeback drive in those two games, we are probably 3-0 right now and looking like world beaters. But what does Ben do, start running off at his mouth about how he called plays that are not in the play book, stuff from the pass! Making Haley and Tomlin look stupid.

He has done some great things up until when he should win the game.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Wait a minute 4 tds almost 400 yards passing gave the team a ten point lead in the 4th and you are going tonbash him give me break. The no huddle is all ben if anythingnhe is making haley look good. When we are in the huddle we run it the first two plays and pick up 3 yards leaving ben 3rd and long.

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Sarcasm, edog? Man, I hope so. Ben is probably reason #122 why this team didn't win y'day.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :kapow:

6. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    there are some people around here that will never give Ben his credit. if he wins the super bowl its because of the defense. now hes giving his team big leads and the defense cant hold it and somehow thats Bens fault also.

7. tarheelsteel

tarheelsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You're kidding me right? Did you watch the game yesterday? Yeah sure he didn't lead a last minute TD drive, but heck he sure did everything else. What do you want him to do? Get out there and recover Antonio Brown's (2nd) fumble? Keep Dwyer or Redman (I forgot who) from fumbling on our own 20 yard line? You want him to play LB and CB for us and come up with the big stop? Good gracious BB was the absolute least of our worries yesterday. Plus his no huddle where he's calling the play is about the best we've looked all year on offense.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    x-eleventybillion

9. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    he was prob watching the RatBird game per his other post :hello: :herewego:

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You can't argue with 31 points....that should get you a win....

I would like maybe 2 more tries deep down the field a game...Wallace is too much of a weapon to completely dink and dunk all game. I think I only saw one shot down field yesterday....

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I think Ben brought it yesterday. But I think Heath is the one guy we can always truly count on . I was actually enjoying Ben scramble and stuff. My guess is those were the Arians plays he called.

12. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i bet Ben would be able to be a decent defensive player, unlike Swaggin' he'd make some INTs cause he can CATCH THE FRIGGIN BALL :roflmao:

13. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Like I said, he did everything but WIN THE GAME!

14. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes I watched the RatBird game and they won, so whats the problem. They are 2-1 and we are 1-2 chasing a team we can't beat, the Ravens! Whats going to be your excuse when we lose to them!

15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The defense lost the game in spite of the fact that Ben played more than well enough to win the game.

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Who says we cant beat the ravens. In case you dont know their defense is as bad as ours. They cant cover anybody. They also arent getting a bunch of pressure either. Its week three and both our losses came on the west coast where the steelers have always been horrible.

17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    yeah it's Ben's fault our D is garbage this year and we have no running game to eat the clock with

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ben has played his azz off so far this year. :cool:

19. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I saw Ben do something yesterday that I have never seen done before by him. He had just scored a TD, had the lead and was looking at the still photos while sitting on the bench. I've him do it maybe 2 or 3 times in the past and it was always when the Steelers were losing and he had just threw a pick or something else went wrong. I even saw him last season handed the photos and took a 2 second glance and then toss them aside.

These little things are making him better. And I credit Todd Haley with bringing that attitude.

Big Ben needs discipline and Haley is bringing that aspect to him.