1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No Latrobe this year, beat writers holding out hope.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jun 2, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The league says camp must be held at team facilities meaning the Steelers tradition of holding camp at St. Vincent's will be interrupted. Several local beat writers holding out hope as the team has been given no specific direction regarding the directive.

Might be unofficial or official but its a waiting game now even more than a week ago or a month.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think this Plandemic will last at least until the election is over. I don't see many activities happening in the near future at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I was shocked to see this post by ESPN today; as I would think the NFL would want to isolate, the players and staff from the rest of the world for as long as they could. This type of isolation would have allowed the NFL to mix teams players and coached throughout preseason.

I thought camp would actually be extended for the entire preseason, to isolate the team for all preseason games.

Thought this would look more like a 70s camp where players came in out of shape and had to use the entire camp just getting back into football shape with no serious training in the offseason.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have gone to Latrobe many times for training camp.
    Very fun experience if you like the Steelers like I do.
    It will also hurt the college and the community a lot. The Steelers
    bring in BIG money to that community.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Plus your are not shoving 100 or more people in the dorms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    "Plandemic" I liked that!! Best to keep my opinion to myself but in my lifetime there has been 7 Bugs/Viruses that should have shut down the world just like this yet it didn't happen. I think on average a virus similar to this happens every 3-4 years. Now I assume we will shut the world down every time one comes along.

I agree there will be little to no activities for a very long time. This NFL season will be tainted for sure. I'm super pissed about it because IMO we had so many interesting things going on in the AFC Central.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    It will magically disappear in November. Well it may have already started to because we are on to the next level of Dante’s Inferno??

• Like Like x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Plandemic? :facepalm:

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    ****, I'll bite... You're absolutely correct! These forever fudged numbers never added up and we've seen stuff like this a handful of times. Now we're sitting here waiting/wondering about another vaccine as if the other flu vaccines stop 40k way plus biting the dust year after year.

We literally went from 1 week of people calling people murderers (with numbers models etc spiraling southward at an uncontrollable pace) for wanting to open and as things began to open up 3 days into some lower tiered reopening were told WOW the numbers are spiking... I thought it took more time than 3 days but I digress.

Fast foreward to the next week. A ****ing murder happened and now the streets are filled! None of these pucks are talking social distancing or anything anymore... But in the slight covid numbers see a 19,000 case spike in almost a weeks worth of rioting... I mean protests. Actual murders are happening on the streets to innocent folk and lots of peace officers meeting their Demise over **** they weren't a part of across the whole ****ing nation! Day one! Day one man there was a platform! It **** the bed with the same old same old **** you **** cops let's destroy everyone not personally involved and their ****! It's ludicrous!

So yeah as 86 wards way said plandemic... It failed. Needed a new script... Everyone's attentions are being blitzed to stay off of the topic at hand and it's right in front of our faces! Total "squirrel" moments for those that understand. I weep for humanity that we are this knee jerked, this dumbed down and this easily coaxed into senseless actions time and time again. red or yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight Jesus loves his children of the world... Long time since my Sunday school days but that song echoes in my mind and heart at this time... Only I'm being told I can't say that because it don't fit the narrative/agenda.

Look folks I love you all (without knowing a damn thing about you... even TODS backwards) and if what I said gets me kicked that's cool too but this **** and what it is based off of needs to and has needed to change! What it's turned into is excuse after excuse for chaos and it's not good for a message nor the folks actually losing lives and livelihoods behind the movement. It's complete chaos and it hurts, it's sad, it sucks... But look at it historically... It's planned division. It's the oldest recipe in the book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah you're right duke it should've read planned demic.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I got a kick out of your use of Dante's Inferno:)