1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I am not going to entertain conspiracy theories, but the CDC has done some baffling things.

From absurdly high estimates at first, to an absurd warning at the beginning of this month about 200,000 new cases a day if we ease the lockdown.

And masks.....not only an about face, but the recommendation to wear them specifically because they will block aerosols before they looked at the science behind it. The science which was handed to them 5 days after the mask recommendation that said that there is ZERO evidence that homemade masks will stop aerosols.

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    So, if you are looking at around 15,000 seats available to all the fans for each game;
    What would Supply vs Demand say for ticket prices in Pittsburgh this year?

Will those 15,000 fans be holding a Black&Golden ticket?

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

I do tend to entertain them because some of them actually bare merit. Plus the **** is entertaining to an extent. I've lived the last couple of months not in a normal state per se but pretty normally... Meaning I'm going to do what's needed but at the same time respect the idea that the boogeyman is out there and out there on many fronts. I'm not in panic mode and many are from my observation. Folks are knee jerking and staking claim with every daily changing/misinformed report. I respect every ones beliefs on it I mean at the end of the day we all have thoughts, feelings, beliefs etc that give us hope and or angst in varying scenarios that we will no doubt cling to due to faith, plausibility, being alpha or being cowardice.... Whatever works to get you through the day you know. I tend to believe the mask theory in certain groupings could be a good thing however the behind the scenes of everyone ripping them off once they believe the cameras are done rolling kind of sends an alert to how serious they are in regards to their fear monger reporting.

I do believe there is many an agenda behind this and the numbers lend validity to those beliefs. I know for certain masks do not stop dry wall dust or paint droplets from entering "the zone" and supposedly this virus in droplet measurements are smaller than the above particles. maybe they are better suited at containing what's coming out of you for certain but they're not an end all to the portal of entry theory.

Some folks have F'd up stories that actually happened to them or family members/friends etc... Yes it's a thing but in my opinion there has always been a thing. In our lives there have been a handful that didn't end with us locked down and their numbers "if" accurate were higher so why haven't we gotten used to this type of drill already? Folks say a vaccine is the only way out of this... Year after year we have a flu vaccine that the asshat pushers say "well the numbers are higher because it's an ever evolving stream" and even those getting the shot still get sick and some die.

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing model wise about this has happened any more or any less than what actually happens yearly when you put the microscope on things and give them attention. Suicides are up and folks that weren't allowed treatment due to this have had one hell of a rough go as well many others ending in death supposedly.

Hospitals getting more money for listing covid as the culprit... Medical personnel being furloughed because the models predictions fell embarrassingly short (thank god) of hitting their marks and revenue was down to the policies put in place during the ramp up. States that erected the tents to ease the hospital traffic never provided any measurable service and are now trying to pin the cost on the tax payers upon their closures/removals. A lot of countries numbers are being walked back now but still higher than those at ground zero? Makes no sense to the common man given China's population and how their country of billions host less deaths than others... Or do they? It's all crazy and the **** keeps spinning.

Numbers are dropping rapidly but now the folks at the pressers are putting masks on half way through their speech when they never wore one in the beginning?

Agenda, agenda, after fleeting agenda IMO... So in the meantime, stay as safe as you can meaning be respectful to others and by all means, question all of it because it stinks bad.

The wife and I got tix to the Watt bowl in September and hope to be able to partake.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My cousin came down with the Corona Virus a month ago, early 30s and in GREAT shape. After the fever subsided he was coughing up blood for about a week. He was close to being admitted to the hospital.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That's my point. For every point I made there is a counter point or example that says otherwise from someone else. There are so many examples that people can state from those they know in the medical profession that conflict with each other that tells me all I need to know and that is no one knows everything about what we have going on. No one. Especially the MDs on this board. History will be written about this and even this will be conflicting depending on who's interpretation it is that you're reading.

This topic should have been done with a simple polling of what people would do and given two possible answers: Yes or No to attending a home Steelers game. would have save a lot of time and been more informative.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt you are dumb enough to have been at that pool party, being in that water with all those people is gross with or without a pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Humans truly are different. My sister (70) who is a retired nurse and in great shape for her age went back to help out at local hospital. She tested positive for it but had very little problem with it aside from her nerves.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m going to the Lake in the morning. I won’t be going to any of those places.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Watch out for Marty and Wendy Byrde!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The company I work at had a positive test on the 12th and 13th and they went into motion pretty quickly. However news leaked to a news organization before the higher ups had a chance to mobelize and unfortunately our CEO who is really a great guy feels a bit betrayed at this point. There is a really angry undercurrent going through the building as a result. The really bad part in all this was because so many employees were disregarding the mask protocols they moved to a mandatory mask must be worn at all times your are on the premises. Before when we were at our stations with at least 10 feet of space between employees the mask could be pulled down. Now in a building with no windows and 80 degree Temps outside where humidity has to be controlled to prevent static build ups that can harm the parts you have to have this stifling mask on. By the end of the day Friday I was more tired than I have been in 10 years and felt like I lost 5 pounds in sweat.

Actions of a few have caused all of us to have yet another new normal.

Hoping everyone is safe, and we have football to discuss soon.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    https://mises.org/power-market/cdc-...ction-earlier-estimate-used-justify-lockdowns

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That is the game we are attending as well ...assuming we are allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Your sis could have very easily had a false positive, these virus tests all have a high percentage of false results....

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Interesting. My nephew found out last week his work buddy has tested positive for covid 19 (that's his story). He was over at the house this weekend, touching, getting into whatever he wants, then tells us that he might have it.:facepalm:

My better other (his aunt) finally talked him into going to get tested & went Tuesday with him. No results for 7 days, hope he doesn't have it.

Long story short, I'm thinking about getting tested but to be honest I'm afraid that the results will mean about as much as some quack talking out his a$$. I don't like the weekly changing of what this virus does & doesn't do coming from our dishonest leaders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Please quarantine and consult with your PCP. if symptom's persist get a test.

16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    7 to 10 days since the "huge ozark party" According to the national media people should be dropping like flies rightnow

19. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    I almost hope I just get it soon, get it over with lol. I’m back to work as usual. If it happens it happens. **** it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And Rose

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The worst of them all is the weird poppy grower. Strange "Harold and Maude" thing going on in the Ozarks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife just retired from a work at home job and we live in a rural area. She has not seen another human since February. Grocery shopping was my job. Last friday she went to the Hooterville grocery. No one was following any reasonable guidelines. She came home and notified me she's not going back out and grocery shopping is back on my list.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just tell her "if I get it, you get it, so what difference does it make who's first?" Actually... maybe you shouldn't say that. She might want to you to self-isolate for 14 days after every grocery run.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If that's what they're saying, it's not an accurate timeline based on published data. Using CDC's statistics, the mean time from infection to onset of symptoms is around 6 days, and the mean time from onset of symptoms to death for fatal cases is another 14-15 days. So, if anyone contracted it it at the party and dies, it would be expected to happen around 3 weeks after the party on average. If anyone is infected second hand by someone who was at the party, and then dies, it would probably be after that - maybe 4 weeks after the party.

25. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    I think they have 1 person who reported having it since.
    Still time I guess
    I think it's fake and over blown.
    I think millions have had it/have it and the majority...over whelmingly majority can fight it off.

so in 2-3 weeks according to Fauci we should see millions and millions dead since you had tens of thousands of people at the Ozarks playing with no masks on and hundreds of thousands of people rioting and looting.. I mean protesting.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.