1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun memory from actor Richard Herd, AKA Chuck Noll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Vox Ferrum, May 28, 2020.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Many of you are probably saying Richard who???? Richard Herd passed away this week. His roles included playing Chuck Noll on "Fighting Back: the Rocky Bleier Story". The fun memory was when he was in a short lived series called "...Briscoe County, Jr". Terry Bradshaw was guest starring and kept looking at Richard, finally telling him he looked very familiar. Richard told him the role he had played (Noll), and TB responded, "I don't think I am going to like you very much." Not really Steeler related, but brought a smile for the different memories it brought back, Noll, TB, Rocky.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I liked that movie when it came out. I thought about watching it again. Somehow, I think it will disappointing in quality 40 years later.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I remember the movie. I loved it but if I was not a Steeler fan I would have had little interest.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I remember seeing that film by accident. It was showing one afternoon on TV circa 1988-9 I think, and I randomly switched it on. Then got really excited when I realised it was about the Steelers. Bear in mind NFL coverage was really limited here in the UK then, and the Steelers were largely unheard of, so finding something Steeler related was something to be excited about.

No idea how good it actually was lol

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Rocky Bleier has done a one man play entitled “The Play”. It’s the story of his life and it is very good. It played right around Christmas for a few years. Not sure it will be back this year. If it is, you should go.

6. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I met Herd at a celebrity con a few years ago. He was famous for playing George's boss on Seinfeld. Had a fun conversation with him- he'd acted with everybody, and did not take himself too seriously.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Is that Dick Herd for short?