1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck with that. I'd have a different attitude toward things if I has health problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As you should.

3. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    That’s not really the case anymore, it’s not nyc or Seattle type expensive but it’s not as cheap as you would think , especially if you wanna find a nice house in the city, maybe on the outskirts. It’s exploded in the past 5-10 years with out of Towners moving in.

4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    How do you plan to get into the stadium? I know the MLB is close to signing a deal for an 82 game season that starts July 4th; but there will be no fans allowed.

You got a secret connection?

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Thanks for info. I assumed a certain number of fans would be allowed. Bright spot, BUCS won't lose 100 games.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How soon should we know if reopening of our nation will be ok or like the second wave of the Spanish flu? 14 days? A month?

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    2nd wave has already started!

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This thread is heading down a path that will get it shut down, but... I think what you said is key. People are free to decide what they do, where they go, and how they do it. The Gov't mandated shutdowns are what has people pissed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still do not understand why they are selling tickets if they are going to limit the amount of fans that are allowed into the games. I would think season ticket holders would have first priority in going to the games. The article says they are anticipating social distancing rules at games. Looking around the internet you are seeing talks of limiting the seating to 33% capacity for NFL games.

I am assuming the Steelers season ticket holders would fill all of those 33% seats in the stadium? Are they expecting a lot of season ticket holders to give their tickets back?

upload_2020-5-23_9-2-48.png
    https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2020/05/05/nfl-coronavirus-dolphins-plan

11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I have come to terms with the fact that I will never live to see the buccos play in a world series ever again

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless the current owner sells the team you are correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If they were playing this afternoon, I'd be on my way down now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    We need to look at hospitalizations rather than cases, but it seems that's not what we are doing. People are going to get sick and the overwhelming majority will recover just fine. But we also need to take reasonable precautions to protect our most vulnerable and our most vulnerable need to take precautions to protect themselves. Herd immunity will is the best way out of this, and that will take a while. It may seem cold or heartless to say but it's the truth....people just need to be exposed to it and get sick and recover.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Mass produce the N95 masks, mandatory to wear. You’ll knock infections down to near zero. It’s criminal that these masks still aren’t available in bulk.

Society smart enough 100 years ago to attend games.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    liberty? come on man. people keep preaching this crap about rights and freedom because they have to stay home for a few weeks. our society has truly declined to the point that we seem like weaklings. suck it up and be an adult. people complain that they have to wear a mask in a restaurant? so no shirts or shoes for service either?? the protesters sound like a bunch of kids whining about not getting to go the Disney. go to a game if you want, but obey the rules and protect outer people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There is a difference between liberty and stupidity. Unfortunately the left half of the bell curve can’t understand this. That’s what makes a bell curve. Unfortunately, they also get an equal vote, and we wind up with the elected leaders we have.

Go Yinz Stiller’s n”’ At

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What about the millions of vulnerable people who HAVE to work in jobs with a high degree of public contact like bus drivers, servers, grocery clerks, etc. just to keep roofs over their heads and food on their tables?

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think a vaccine is still the only way out of this. I think people need to make peace with the idea that life is going to be unusual for a while.

Went to Home Depot yesterday, huge line to get in. Guess they were only allowing a certain amount in at a time. I drove right on by, went to a hardware store and got what I needed. Healthy size line inside the store but no wait to get in.

Will be doing most of my shopping online except when I need something right away.

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey

This is totally ridiculous IMO.

It wasn't but about two months ago that we had the first nine cases identified in Washington State. Now look at where it is. Imo, again, we have just scratched the surface of this thing. Scientists are figuring this thing out on a day by day basis. Some folks act like they have been on lock-down for two years rather than two months. And it really has not even been two months as far as government restrictions. Now, there is this inflammatory spin-off disease that recently surfaced which affects younger children.

Hey, to each his /her own. This weekend marked the lifting of some restrictions and some people, they are acting like they just got released from prison. Running around with no masks, no social distancing, etc. I do and I do not get it. For the people that need to get to work they have been failed miserably. Where I live, many people still cannot get their unemployment benefits. This comes after the State Website was built over a month ago which is a complete fiasco. People are on hold for hours on the phone to talk to the appropriate personnel only to be disconnected. That really is disheartening.

How about that $1200 check that was suppose to last 1½ months according to a news outlet I watched the other day. I was in complete shock when I heard that. Try more like 1½ weeks, if one is lucky. A half-way decent apartment is going to consume that whole check right off the bat. The same if not more for most mortgages. Now the two sides cannot agree on the next stimulus which seems to be another one-time $1200 check. And that is to come after June 1st. Hey I am thankful for anything but the reality is that the math does not add up.

Meanwhile, those on both sides live in their multi-million dollar homes or go into isolation at their other multi-million dollar home (A.K.A. vacation home) while the rest of us here stay put vulnerable to whatever comes across our way. The same for all the other silver-spoon in the mouth, over-privileged folks who every now and then spout off something ridiculous from a distance via social media. Like I always said, it is easier to be a sailor than a Captain. Always second guessing and Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Look, I know I veered a bit off here but it all connects. In the end, each person has to make his/her own decisions. Just make sure that they are Informed Decisions and weigh things out. Once again, for me, I just think it is still way to early in the game for this crisis to start acting like it is 1999. I really was looking forward to a long overdue trip to Heinz Field this upcoming season. I still have time to figure it out. For right now, at this immediate moment, I would not be going. However, the start of the regular season is a bit way. So again, I do have time to make an Informed Decision and will go from there.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Actually the most vulnerable are in the nursing homes, so they should be fairly easy to protect. I believe in Pa its 60+% of the deaths have been there. Average age of a Covid death in Pa is 78. Those who are vulnerable at work are the ones that I said need to take extra precautions but even so, they're not the highest risk. Those are in nursing homes. We simply cannot shut down until it is 100% safe for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    There are currently no vaccines for any coronaviruses. If we get one, great. But it will probably be herd immunity. It will eventually become like the flu (which is pretty deadly to nursing home patients too).

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I don’t think Ben Franklin would confuse attending football games with Liberty. Franklin was focused on democracy and the creation of better governments. He was also committed to scientific discovery and was well respected on London for his scientific achievements. To think that he would have a non-scientific approach to a pandemic is ludicrous at best. Your point may resonate with you but I don’t think you should include Ben Franklin.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Flatten the curve never meant shutting down until a vaccine but on the flip side there is nothing to suggest heard iummunity would work and would likely just result in mass casualies.

Masks and social distancing is what is in store for the foreseeable future.

Those people at Lake of the Ozark are in for a rude awakening.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.