1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tickets went up on sale last week, and sadly I had to pass on purchasing tickets. I have family members who have pre-existing conditions and I can’t risk their health or safety.

I really was looking forward to go seeing a game with Ben back...and who knows, maybe this is his last year depending on what happens?

How about you? Will you be going to Heinz Field despite everything that is going on right now?

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We got tix to the Watt bowl late Sept. We plan on being there... That is of course if fans are allowed.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll go. Not sure about my wife. We live in a rural area where there aren’t many people. Other than the sears repair guy, who she avoided, my wife has not seen another human since mid February.

Personally, I think by game one, either the virus is in pretty good check, or the whole country is shut down again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Depends on if our glorious leader and the guy he has as secretary of health permit us to leave our homes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Not sure about NY or other areas hit hard by the epidemic but Florida is entering an unemployment crisis. The system is overwhelmed & no clear plan to clean it up.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If I lived in Pittsburgh I would go, but it is over 6 hours away from me. Tempted one day to move there. Saw a video saying it is both one of the best places to live and the price of buying a house is low. Best value of all medium size cities considering cost of living and quality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017

I’m not going to a Steeler game or any other event. I generally go to one pre season game each year and also go to training camp, but not this year. Until they have a vaccine or the epidemic passes, I’m keeping a low profile. I’m able to work from home, and mask up when I have to go out.

We have no other weapon against this virus but assuming that everyone has it and avoiding contact as much as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The problem I have seen in moving back to PA is that even though the tech market is enjoying a boom, unskilled jobs are harder to come by and then you have to worry about traveling all the time. When I was younger and unattached I looked into it but it was a looking like an hour commute everyday for barely minimum wage. I keep checking job sites though and it seems to be getting better.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am with you I too have members with compromised immune systems, I will be sitting any in person games out.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Won't miss seeing them in person. I enjoy going to college games more and will miss that.

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I did not know they were going to be selling individual tickets this season. I thought if fans were allowed it would be at a limited capacity, so it would be the season ticket holders going into some sort of raffle system for game tickets.

Right now it is buyer beware; The MLB, NHL, and NBA are refusing to give any refunds as the games have not been cancelled, just postponed. It is estimated to be over a billion dollars the leagues and online ticket agencies are holding back.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ben Franklin had people like you in mind when he said "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Use the money to buy stock in hand sanitizer Da Stellars.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Already have my hotel booked for the Browns game in October.
    if they allow fans I’ll be there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I booked great seats in my living room with proximity to the kitchen, fridge and bathroom.

• Like Like x 2
  17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Guess I don't see how taking precautions against a deadly disease is giving up "Liberty". And, just a point, Freedom without responsibility is commonly called anarchy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I believe living life trying to stay alive is not living life. It is a game nobody has ever won. I am planning on going to the Burgh for a Pirate game (I like minor league baseball) and a Steeler game. Being a Nam vet has probably hardened me to a lot of things.

Sidebar: I am older and don't really get sick often. I am a true believer in an herbal product called Echinacea. It boost your immune system. I've sworn by it for years. When I do get a cold which is rare this stuff shortens it big time. Not saying I'd survive the current virus but most people do and I'm confident if I got it I'd be pissed for sure but survive.

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. It means, in context, not quite the opposite of what it's almost always quoted as saying but much closer to the opposite than to the thing that people think it means.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Temporary is a key word imo.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm older too with diabetes now. I'm in decent shape & had to work through the "stay at home phase" in the next county over. Honestly I'm more concerned now about catching the virus due to the movement of people.

22. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    “Never believe self serving fake quotes from historical figures.”-Abraham Lincoln, in an email to Socrates.

I’ve been flying aircraft starting at age 12, and a scuba diver for over forty years. I’ve ridden my motorcycle across much of the country, and never drew blood from myself doing those things. The difference is, I was in control of that. With the virus, I’m controlling what I can. If you want to risk your life to prove a point, then you have the liberty to do so. I’m close to retirement in another country, and hope to live a lot more years there, with many more adventures and experiences to come. I don’t feel it’s worth the risk. It’s a free country.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'd go but I also go to games for atmosphere. If it's going to be like 1pm games on roids than I'd pass and not worth it.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Diseases don't respect liberty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody’s liberty is at stake, it’s a silly false equivalency.

But you know, muh freedom!

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.