1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Paxon Lynch the Future

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DBoyZ Mike, May 9, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    fichtner and mt and butler all have ties to Memphis and it's staff. They know lynch pretty well I expect. :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Granted, none of that means Paxton Lynch will be a surefire guarantee to make the Final 55. That said, I do like Paxton's chances better this time around. It is all up to him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Very unlikely he ends up in New England. The Dolphins will not want to willingly hand their division rivals their next QB. No point taking that risk, however small. If they ever want to cut ties with Rosen they will presumably look to trade him outside the division. They might wait until the end of the season as they are probably going to redshirt Tua.

4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Lynch checks all the boxes for an elite QB; If Matt Canada can coach up his abilities Paxton will outshine Mason this preseason and be ready to run Canada's offense when Ben and Randy retire.

Give him some time to show what he can do: you are all trying to show Paxton the door before he has taken a single snap!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok so Ben has one year left on his contract that put Lynch at 27 not sure that makes him the future. Also he is only signed through this year so a big decision will have to be made on him, duck and MR.......well probably not duck, lol. I feel like we have a group of Lynch, MR and Barrett and one has to emerge as the back up for sure, maybe this is what Canada is here for who knows. But I am not sure any of these 3 are Ben's replacement, I am hopeful but not optimistic.......

7. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Lynch . . . Horrible. Rudolph . . . Horrible. Rosen . . . Horrible and overrated. Y’all just stop. None of these guys is THE guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    OP forgot to use the green font when posting this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Maybe we can get the Ravens to trade us Trace McSorley!

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless he is disguising himself as someone else, he might want to get on with his lifes work.
    He has had enough chances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    4 starts since lynch was drafted in 2016 and you said he has had enough chances, he needs to be given a hell of a lot more chances to be the 1st round QB he was drafted to be..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Paxon Lynch is a guy that is fortunate to be on an NFL roster. Do you really think that every NFL scout, GM, and HC, missed the boat on this guy and he slid under the radar for the last 4 years? That just doesnt happen very often.

Lynch is a guy who was great in college, got himself drafted in the first round, and then failed to develop into a productive player. The fact that he was 3rd string behind Duck Hodges speaks volumes about where Lynch's game is.

The bottom line is the Steelers will roster 3 QB's this season and Lynch will most likely not be one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Damn. And I thought I was negative.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Your undisputed negativity championship belt is safe.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Have no idea if Paxton can ever develop into the player he was drafted to be but saying he was given a fair shake isn’t remotely true. I suspect he will knock Hodges off the depth chart this season. If I had to guess, his mechanics are why he has struggled, it’s just so much harder for tall guys to do, same with pitchers.

There is another QB out there who was destroyed by poor development, Deshone Kizer. I wasn’t on board for drafting Kizer when he came out but wouldn’t be opposed to grabbing him for nothing. This article here shows how badly Cleveland handled him.

Got me thinking about him, Lynch and Rudolph. All three have been handled about as poorly as can be. Rudolph was slightly different because they had no choice but to throw him to the wolves but not having a QB coach was about as bad a decision as you could make.

CFL team put a claim in for Kizers negotiating rights, not sure what that means exactly but wouldn’t mind seeing the Steelers pick him up if they are still able to.

Have Rudolph, Lynch and Kizer battle it out for 2 & 3 if football ever resumes.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    wasn't Randy Johnson a tall pitcher? :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am impressed Pittsburgh has yet to inquire about Kizer myself. Then again, Todd Haley showed up at his Pro Day and Haley is no longer employed by the team. Still though, I would not mind kicking the tires on him.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Very tall.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Would love those kind of results. :cool:

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For sure!

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    or any current Steelers! ;)

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    As of now, Paxton is a bigger 1st round bust than Terrell is. Denver traded up to get him...:rolleyes:

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I cant help it on this one. We are talking about a guy who is going to be selling insurance come September. He is far more likely to replace Flo from Progressive than Ben.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still think the biggest 1st year flop of all time has to go to the Atlanta Falcon's Brett Farve

Rookie Stats 0-4 with 2 ints and 1 sack.

After that Rookie season he was quickly traded to Green Bay. After Failing his physical in Green Bay the traded was still completed because the GM saw something in him that no one else in the league did.

And since that trade the Packers have never use a 1st round pick on an offensive skill position until this year drafting a QB.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Aaron Rodgers was a first rd pick. Green Bay drafted a couple first rd WR's over the years since Favre too.
    Maybe I'm not understanding what you're writing.

• Agree Agree x 2