1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm not impressed................

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Apr 27, 2020.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Thigpen82.

I would have to dig for the links. If I get a chance I will search for them. However, I live in the rat area so I see rat news and even remember the local tv sportscasters talking about both occurrences. However, for now just trust me on this. I remember both incidents as if they were like yesterday.

Here is another one for you. Several seasons ago the AFC north had to play the AFC West and the NFC West in the same season. The rats asked the NFL to schedule several of those games back to back so they could stay out west for two weeks in a row and again, the NFL obliged. By the way, if you do not know, goofdell admits he grew up a colts fan. So, why would he not be a rats fan?

Here is another. goofdell wanted to give ray the ultimate rat lewis a job with the league when he retired. Great, just who you want on your staff with the stench of his "dirty laundry list" following him wherever he goes. They have And another circulating around ray the rat and goofdell's ray the rat love fest. When the whole appropriate tackling transitioning was going on guess whose film clip they used to demonstrate the "proper" technique. Bingo you got it. ray the rat's.

Also, you may recall when James Harrison got that one-game suspension for roughing up Colt McCoy with an "inappropriate" tackle a long time back. Well, if I recall, it might have been the same season but ed the rat reed did the same and was suppose to get a one game suspension as well. However, both players appealed and guess who won their case and only got a fine? That's right, ed the rat. Even the media (ESPN I believe) was surprised in an article that I read as they stated that goofdell rarely ever changes his mind about a punishment. well, if a rat is involved the odds are in their favor each and every time.

I got other stories that I could share with you and the Board. Just look at the ray the rat jr. rice and his outrageous ridiculous two-game suspension that he received for assaulting his girlfriend/wife. Now, compare that to Ben's four game suspension in which goofdell stated to the effect that he would add on more games if he found out other things regarding Ben's situation came to light. Later with all of the public outcry about the weak two game suspension that ray rat jr. got, goofdell went on record stating to the effect: we have to do better next time. He is a lawyer and has handled many domestic dispute issues since becoming commissioner. Plus, Ben's case was years before rat jr's case so you would think that goofdell already had experience handling these type of issues. He knows the punishment for ray rat jr. was wrong. As a matter of fact there was an ESPN article that outlined how the rat's front office called goofdell and asked him to be lenient on ray rat jr. Well, obviously he was.

Ray rat sr. and ray rat jr. are cut from the same fabric. Only in tirdmore would the fans bow down to the statue of the senior rat outside of their stadium. Personally, I am not sure why rat sr. is in the HOF. If Pete Rose is banned for character flaws from baseball I really think rat sr. should never have been elected. Now, that is my opinion. Then again morals and values do count for something to me. That is why personally, I had no problem with the Steelers letting Santonio Holmes go and Bell and Brown and all of my other favorites go as well over the years. Once again, that is my personal stance.

Only in tirdmore would the fans give rat jr. a standing ovation when he returned to play after his "brutal" two game suspension. You can't have a sensible conversation with a rat fan. You would be better off talking to a pencil eraser. I could not believe a woman rat fan with a daughter justifying rat jr's actions. Stating to the effect that rat jr's girlfriend/wife "deserved" what she got. Trust me folks, that is the mentality you are dealing with from rat fans. It is more of the norm and not the exception here in tirdland.

Yes, most people think that goofdell is in the cheats' back pocket. Trust me, from what I have written above, and I have other stories again, it is so obvious he is on board with the rats' lovefest wagon as well. I am telling you folks, I am surprised that no one else has brought up these points before. And here, as in most football towns, many people thought that the only team that had goofdell in their pocket was the cheats. Wrong people. I have seen this for many years now with the rats. Trust me folks the dots connect. goofdell is a stone cold rat lover. As I say around here, Just Disgusting.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

Look below. The photo was really taken in ratland. That is a big one. Must be rat sr.

rats.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thing with ravens is you have to stop their rushing attack and not many can

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Titans in the playoffs did

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I guess really the key is to make Lamar pass lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Titans didn’t stop the Ravens running attack, they got in to a commanding lead early in the game and forced the Ravens to abandon the run which is not quite the same thing as stopping the run. Ravens don’t have the personnel to chase a lead or win a shootout which is why they won’t win a SuperBowl with Lamar imo. He is not in the same league as the other top QB’s when he has to win with his arm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Lots of media and fans were blown away as to how many points the Ravens were putting up against most teams in the NFL en route to a 14-2 record. Here in lies where the devil is in the details. Those leads were so massive because the Ravens were playing on their terms. Take their terms away from them and that is where the Ravens can be beat.

Keep in mind everyone that Baltimore has been kicked out on back to back playoff games by the exact same method. Shut down Baltimore's rushing attack. Force Lamar to beat you. Until he shows he can, expect more of the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    FWIW the Ravens have two SB victories in the last two decades.

• Like Like x 1
  8. andy32

andy32 Member

Apr 25, 2020
    So do we and we’ve been to another Super Bowl. No one ever declares us champions of the draft.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Ravens don't need to win super bowls to be a thorn in the Steelers side, they only need to win the division.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey blackandgoldpatrol.

Thanks for the "like" on my rats post. Given that, I detest the rats. Everything about them. They are the most classless team in the league. I have posted numerous things about them that prove my point. If you get a chance, go over to the:

"I'm not impressed............…. Thread"

here on The Board and read through two of my posts over there. I hope that you find them interesting, infuriating, unbelievable and maybe even comical to some degree. They are lengthy but definitely informative and if you dislike the rats like I do, I think you will enjoy them.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I would say that's irrelevant. Ultimately like it or not, Baltimore seems to have more of a plan for gaining depth and value in the draft. The Steelers take too many fliers on project players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I dunno. I think Baltimore have had their share of project players. Remember in 2016 they had 5 4th round picks. In 2019, 3 4th round picks. This year, 4 3rd round picks. It's easier to get depth and value when you're using that many picks. They've also shifted to a younger focus in the squad, so keeping more picks around of late, particularly at back up positions (at the same time as we've moved towards trading/FA signings for depth).

I'm not saying they haven't had good drafts - 3 pro bowlers in 2018 can't be sniffed at (though their actual first pick of that draft isn't with them anymore). But I'm not sure they have more of a plan than the Steelers, in that respect.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Baltimore getting out from under the Flacco contract has really helped their roster. Thuggs was probably eating good there too.

14. andy32

andy32 Member

Apr 25, 2020
    Not sure about that. Seems like a bit of recency bias. Either way my point was that the praise of spectacular drafts year after year hasn’t exactly had the dynastic results that you would imagine that it would. Especially since Pittsburgh has had the same (if not better) results by “taking fliers on project players”.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Definitely some decency bias with the Ravens. They are a well run organisation but people are getting carried away entirely with their recent success even though they haven’t won a playoff game in how long?

I think they just got lucky with Lamar, they drafted Hayden Hurst before him in the first round, if they truly knew what Lamar was there is no way they would have taken that chance, but credit to the Ravens for trading back up for him, recognising his talents and building the offence around them, whether it leads them to a SuperBowl is the question.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, it's great when they're still on the rookie deal. But it always catches up. Like when Russell Wilson got paid. When Mahomes becomes the highest paid player in history, it'll happen in KC as well.