1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brady or Belichick?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I figured this topic was worth it's own discussion and with the draft tomorrow it adds another reason to watch since the Steelers won't have any air time.

Although the AFC East has achieved parity at the same time as this discussion comes to the forefront, I think you will see the nod go to BB rather than TB for a couple simple reasons.

1. TB was one player in a system that we know produces results even with limited talent in key positions, BB was/is the guardian of that system.
    2. Despite the fact that we all know that the Bucs will build their offense around TB, it will represent huge change for him; the Patriots will simply plug along as the Patriots always do.
    3. Even the GOAT is far smaller than "the system".

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Brady wants to prove he can win without Belichick and BB wants to prove he can win without brady, two huge egos at play here........

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think Tampa does better than patriots imo

4. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I agree on the basis that it seems the buccs are going 'all in' on Brady which just isn't the Patriot Way. I agree that their collective success was dependant on each other to some extent but do feel that Belichick was the key driving force behind their success, namely his abilities to identify and develop coaching talent (his coaching tree attests to this) and his work ethic - you just feel he works harder than any other coach in the NFL

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I always marveled at how Brady would stand flat footed like he was wearing the red "do not touch" jersey in practice. It was because his line was the best at protection. Time will tell if his new line can be that good,

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Brady has the zebras on his side but doesn't have the arm anymore.
    Belicheat > Marsha next year

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Had Brady left 8 years ago you would have had a more accurate answer to this question.

I think now though, given how old Brady is, BB will have the advantage in this question.

They are both going to suffer though, it was the perfect marriage and neither would have ever seen as many SB’s without each other. I think BB gets to 2 SB’s with Bledsoe and TB maybe sees 2 or 3 SB’s with another top coach.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I kind of wish Brady would have left 8 years ago. We would truly know whether he is the G.O.A.T., was it BB's system, or the combination of the two. Until the last couple of years, I always though Manning (Peyton) edged Brady, but Brady's longevity and success definitely pulled him ahead, so I have speculated on how great Brady really is over the years.