1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben being blamed for Steelers Draft Strategy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DukeDukeDaDaDa, May 4, 2020.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I have time for Trubisky, but agree we need to see where Rudolph is.

2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Now that we've that MR didn't grow any in year one ..........or year two, maybe he will magically figure out how to throw a football in his 10th year of playing QB:drinks:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If there is a highly touted QB in the making that is worse than Mason, Trubisky wins.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was pretty bad but there was also a lot stacked against him and he didn’t have a QB coach to work him through it. He was never supposed to start last year, the plan for Rudolph was to learn behind Ben and he got thrown to the wolves last season.

I’m not worried about his mechanics so much as his ability to read a defense. That was my biggest criticism coming out of college and I believe that played a much bigger roll than anything else.

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ben has been easy pickins ever since his rape allegations...Bad tipper, Coaches fired, arrogant, throws teammates under the Bus, ran AB out of town...

Seems you can say pretty much whatever you want about him, with no need to explain yourself because...You know, Those allegations from his younger days

6. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Hurts will bust. Book it.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I could see Trubisky with the right team turn into a Tannehill...maybe.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Developing QB in the wings? Ugh please don't start with Josh Dobbs again. Jacksonville doesn't even want him to be their starter over Gardner Minshew! And a ton of things that Rudolph ruined? That's pretty impressive for a guy that's only been here a couple years lol.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Its all about the clicks and reactions.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think we are talking semantics when we discuss the mitigating factors. And as far as his mechanics, if he is still throwing the ball incorrectly at this stage of his life, the odds are it isn't going to change. I think his ability to read defenses would happen as the games slows down for him like it works for most young QB's in the league but his poor throwing motion and his lack of spin on the ball are going to be major undertakings.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What could have been any worse with Dobbs? Things Rudolph ruined...

1. Ben. What if Ben checked out last year because of Rudolph? He was comfortable with Dobbs as a back-up. He just got paid and went down very easy. Never seen Ben just check out of a game/season like that. He got paid so he's like okay they want Rudolph lets see what he's got. I'm not playing injured for a team/fans that want Rudolph.

2. James Washington development. I don't think Ben was really looking for him his rookie season because if he emerges as an elite WR. That could easily translate over to the QB he has years of experience with and that would make Ben expendable. So lesson for the dummies in management. If you're going to draft your QBs successor, don't get his WR too. Why would the current QB want to throw him the ball? Common sense.

3. Wasted a season with an elite defense because he couldn't even game manager us to wins.

4. 5th round pick on a TE he trains with in the off-season. He contributed 13 catches, 128 yards, and 0 tds. Isn't even on the team anymore. WASTE.

5. 3rd round pick wasted on him. 3rd and 5th could have been used to make us better with Ben.

6. Possibly racist. Look nobody knows what was really said but 2-3 people. I just don't like the unknown and wasting all this time on him. Say he does pan out and becomes pretty good. Watch how quick the audio or something comes out. Then we are right back at square one.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yep, you have what it takes to lead an NFL team:huh:

You should write a book; call it "Managing the NFL for Dummies"

#1 is so stupid it cancels out #2, #3, #4, and #5; and Garrett will emerge as the racist.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Actual photo of @SDOT house....and this is coming from a bit of a conspiracy theorist himself.... C5C8F7B9-8259-4DAC-86A7-82CF6C71E116.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And this is where he "thinks" he lives.

[​IMG]

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yinz are going to look so silly if something else ends up being proven. All I said is I don't know. You're defending somebody you don't even know. Just saying.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    And aren’t you accusing someone you don’t even know? So which is worse?

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey that is actually where I live.....well not all the time. I can’t be holed up in just one place...lol

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Given your history, I think we'll take our chances:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    No, I never said he was. I always said "possibly"

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I honestly don't think MR will be a success in the NFL but when you take the time to list the things he "ruined", you sound like a child just smart enough to think up a list of excuses for what he got caught doing. This combined with your all-too-often outlandish prognostications about players, and your lack of accountability when your prognostications end up being FUBAR,.......and you want to run an NFL organization? AB would be a better choice to run an NFL organization:smiley1:

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Receipts? I'm trying to think what I've been wrong about over the last two years. Besides falling for the hype for a washed up FA signing.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We’re just flip flopped on the severity of the reasons. I don’t feel his mechanics are as bad as you do, he’s not Tim Tebow who you have to completely rework his game. Throwing off your back foot isn’t hard to correct.

The mental aspect is much harder IMO and he’s never had to face defenses like the pros. Shamarko Thomas could never figure it out and he wasn’t even a QB.

Not saying he can’t do it, just that it is the bigger issue right now. Also, his play under pressure is atrocious, one of the worst in the league according to PFF.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You should delete that and be ashamed of yourself giving that any air.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I won't go as far as to say that he's one of the worst things that happened to this organization, but I'm more on your side of the fence on this. :drinks:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I immediately regret saying I was on your side of the fence on this. I wish I had seen your reasoning first. It looked great on paper, but man, your theory sucked when it got pads on.