1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did the Steelers get better this weekend(NFL draft)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 26, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    From where we were last year, we're better by default. (Ben's middle name being "default") We could have stood pat and not drafted anyone and we would have still been a better team with Ben on the field. Our defense should be better with a year under Minkah's belt and our gruesome twosome (Watt and Dupree) in place. The biggest question mark for the defense, imo, is at NT. For years it's been the db's and they're still a question mark. But NT could be our Achilles heel this year. If we can do a better job against the run, we're going to put offenses in a much more predictable down and distance. With the pressure our ends are applying to the qb, our db play should be elevated and the picks should increase. Call me a broken record, but it all starts up front, in the trenches.

Regardless, with Ben back in the saddle, we're already a better team.

2. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Yes. He's still the Head Cheerleader.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Only materiel needed when one man alone has run my beloved Steelers into the abyss which they are now. Some of you are OK with things as they are. Sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's a team, so you're absolving the players of any blame?:facepalm:

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Dotson is a people mover, some fans complaining because they didn't draft Biadasz, this guy could start this season he will become a fan favorite.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It will be hard to answer until we see these players against NFL players.
    Also the biggest question still has to be what is the health of Ben R.?
    This will be the defining question that will need answered.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Good double-team block, but their team mate (#74) almost paid the price with his knee.:unsure:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That's some pop right there.

9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    For being poorly coached? For being unprepared? For 95% of bad clock management? For years of slow starting? For allowing ego to ruin chemistry? For speaking in circles? Yes. I absolve them of that blame.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah, 74's ACL.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    BS, they weren't good enough, those defenses in 2013-2017 don't close close to the defense they had in 2019.

12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    And who drafted those bums? And who kept them on the team? And who couldn't coach them up to perform better or be in a better position to succeed? I'll give you two guesses and one can't be the players.

Pre-snap penalties, ball control, missed assignments, lack of focus...those things are under a player's control. Those things can be blamed on the player. Those things are inexcusable.

But who is on the field isn't up to the players. The makeup of the team isn't up to the players. The talent level of the team isn't up to the players.

Players play. Period. Everything else falls on the head coach, or head cheerleader in our case.

maxresdefault.jpg

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bradshaw talks out of his ass, I think it was Pittsburgh reporter Ron Cook who said Bradshaw was the biggest phony. Colbert is the GM, try again, those defenses from 2013-2017 weren't good enough. When was the last time Ben had a playoff game without turnovers? Oh that's the HC fault :facepalm:.

14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    "Bradshaw talks out of his ass." Well that MUST prove your point right there.

"I think it was...Ron Cook who said..." Since Ron Cook said it, it must be gospel. And you aren't even sure it was him. Very convincing.

"Colbert is the GM, try again..." No thanks, I'll stick with being right.

"...those defenses from 2013-2017 weren't good enough." So what? What's your point? That we employ a defense of self-coached walk-ons?

"When was the last time Ben had a playoff game without turnovers?" Who said Ben's turnovers were the HC's fault? You're really grasping at straws now. I think that's one for the Tomlin apologists that I haven't heard before. Tomlin is absolved from any blame because Ben turned the ball over in the playoffs. Coaching decisions in the offseason, pre-season, and regular season all hinge on Ben's ability to hang on to the ball in the playoffs. Makes perfect sense...or does it? Don't answer that. You'll probably redirect blame from Tomlin to the widening economic gap between top and bottom earners in the US. Narrowing that gap would have kept us from playing down to inferior opponents over the past few years.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Turnovers leads to losses duh, especially if your defense isn't great, if Mendenhall doesn't fumble against Green Bay in the SB the Steelers probably win. Tomlin does deserve some blame, but then fans want to put the underachieving on just one guy, nah players are on the field and most of the blame is on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He got out of his stance... That's already better than Foster last year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    But can he tap Pouncey on the thigh when Ben lifts his leg? Many questions to be answered yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's about all he could do...Finney should have been starting all last year, no excuse for it...Foster was atrocious...Go back and watch the last Baltimore game, 3rd and 4th stringers and nothing to play for...And he got manhandled...That would fall on Tomlin playing the washed up veteran over a better option- correct?

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t know. If you listen to some around here it’s on the players to play. So I guess even if the player isn’t very good he’s still expected to perform. The standard is the standard.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    WTF.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Mikey loves his vets, lol. Yeah wasn't Ramon's best year like to see this kid Dotson start day one.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    That & his dream of the lb/s hybrid player. Go get the next Polamalu, quit trying to develop one.

• Like Like x 1
  24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I think part of the plan is to use Minkah similarly. Problem is Minkah also happens to be our best FS. Until we can find someone to trust not giving up big plays down the field ,the sooner we can take advantage of Minkah’s versatility.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Terrell's breakout year this year? Sadly I've not quite given up on him being servicable in the backfield.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1