1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

R-E-L-A-X

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Apr 27, 2020.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Considering Minkah was definitely the missing piece of the defensive puzzle and we have the proof, we did great already in this draft and all other teams don`t know what they got. Any true assessment of our 2020 draft must consider Minkah as our #1 pick and we already know we scored big.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Most evaluations of our draft have factored the all pro safety into it. Only team to start draft day with an all pro and the consensus is we had the 9th worst draft. That means we did horrible on draft day. That's my point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    What would the live lobster be for? I prefer mine boiled...and dead...before I drench it in butter and shove it down my gullet. ;)

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    At first glance, I agreed. But can you actually remove Minkah? I mean, we actually DID draft him with our first round pick this year. We just got to utilize his services a year early. But I do agree that removing him drops our draft grade significantly.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The consensus between you and all the other "Debbie Downers". Nobody knows for sure how any of these picks are going to pan out until they actually play. Anything else is opinion. What grade are the Ravens going to get if the guy you wanted has a career ending injury in practice? Or pulls a Manziel?
    This whole grading thing seems to be a bunch of nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, it is nonsense but I love yinz cherry pick when it's allowed. They loved our 2019 draft so you went around pumping the grades to show how our good our draft was. Funny enough they hated our 2017 draft which was our last really good draft.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The 2008 draft looked incredible on paper... and only one player made any serious contribution. 2017 looked average at first... but ended up being good with 2 Pro Bowl players. We won't know until a few years, but right now some of the 2020 picks didn't make much sense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't care what they love or initial grades. Can't grade until after the fact PERIOD!!!! Here's to hoping for the best. Go STEELERS!!!!

9. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I always get a kick out of people who think the Ratbirds always have a perfect draft with 10 HOFers being drafted every year. Yet they've won one less Superbowl than us in the last 15 years. They've done some good drafting for sure but so have we. I think they are overrated as Jackson is not going to be able to rush for 1,000 yards every year and hold up to all the hits. I also think he's not a talented enough pocket passer to play at MVP caliber level if he's not as dangerous running the ball.

10. andy32

andy32 Member

Apr 25, 2020
    Yep. Ravens always win the draft and the Browns always win the offseason. Must be why they take turns having championship parades every year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Why do you keep saying 2019 was a bad draft... It wasn't!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lamar the choke artist

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    When I envision a Browns championship parade, my mind sees the image of a toilet flushing a giant brown turd down the drain. Involuntary visual association....

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BigBensBigBong.

Hey I hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

Finally, a voice of reason! Yes, Minkah has to be part of our draft equation and a huge part as you stated. He should be viewed as our #1 pick. We seem to go through this every season. Just rerun "the tape" back in one-year increments. There are some who hit the panic button way before the first spring training session takes place. It is the same old panic again for some:

• Oh our draft stinks.
    • Oh we should have gotten that player.
    • Oh the Front Office does not have a clue.
    • Oh teams a, b, c and d are now light years ahead of us with their drafts.

The way some folks react, we might as well mail in the season now.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

Yes, you summed it up perfectly. I do not get the love-fest for the rats. It is bad enough that the media sweats them. It also comes from some here as well. Just about every season, the talking head analysts give them a top-notch grade for their drafts. I have not even followed the draft except for our players. I bet my bottom dollar that the rats got a top of the list grade for their draft this season as usual.

It is not just the love-fest from some here, it is border line fear. As some seem to constantly state to the effect: "Oh the rats are going to be so good. I am scared of them this season. They are going to trounce us. Oh their draft is so much better than ours". As I stated in my other post, we might as well just mail in the season now. In the infamous words of Charlie Brown: "Good Grief". If some folks are so in love with them, then go cheer for them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers haven't sniffed a championship parade in 12 years. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It took them 25 years to get from SB 4 win to SB 5 and 6 win, so we still have another 13 years to go to get number 7...

• Like Like x 1
  18. andy32

andy32 Member

Apr 25, 2020
    What does that have to do with what I wrote?

Edit: Also I’m not sure what the official definition of “sniffing a championship” is but the Steelers have been to Super Bowls and Championship games since 2008.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey HeinzMustard.

Yes, that is disappointing from the standpoint of all of the offensive talent that we had during that time. What a waste. I am one who basically am pretty clear-cut and dry with what I am to say next: If we do not win the Super Bowl then the season was for not. I know some may disagree with that, however, that is how I feel. Sure, the Journey will have its ups and downs each season. However, in the end, if the last game is not the Super Bowl and not a victory then, me personally, cannot get too excited about the bigger picture. Sure I would like to win week in and week out vs. losing. It definitely makes the season more enjoyable. If we win every game and not the Super Bowl, wow, that would just plain stink. Nonetheless, in the end, if we do not bring home the bacon, it is very disheartening IMO. Once again that is just how I feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, we could have beat the Packers with another last minute drive, but it just didn`t happen. So 10 years no sniff, well maybe just 9 since we have not failed in 2020 yet.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    In 2 games he has 51% completion, 68 rating, 3 tds 3 picks.

If you can stop the run he’s atrocious

22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

I know but there are some here that just seem to bow down to him and whole rat team. As I say around here, "Disgusting". The rats are the "punks". OH! I am so tempted to use a harsher word but out of respect for "The Board" I will not. Let's go down memory lane for a second folks that sum up the rats. These two events stick out in my mind that encompass up their shallow character.

• We win Super Bowl XLIII. The rats are asked by the league to open up the next season against us and refuse. What a bunch of P_ _ _ _ ies! The cheats win the Super Bowl two seasons ago we are asked to open up against them and we do. No qualms from us. That is the difference between a man and a mouse.

• Now, this incident was about 11 years or so ago. For several consecutive seasons the rats would be scheduled to play the Steelers at night in Pittsburgh. During that span we win all of those games. The rats front office puts in a request to the NFL to not schedule their yearly away game with us at nighttime anymore. The kicker is..... the league obliges for the next several seasons! Unbelievable! What was their mode of thinking? Was it that there was some mystique thing going on to play the Steelers at night in Pittsburgh that gave us an unfair advantage? Again what a bunch of P_ _ _ _ ies!

So for all of you rat lovers or those who are intimidated by them, let the above sink in for awhile.

A little personal story about me. I am not the tallest guy in the world but one thing about me, I never ever in my life backed down from a fight. Even when I knew the outcome may not be pretty. Home turf or not. In fact, I embraced the challenges. I learned from them. I grew from them. That is just the way I am "Built". The funny thing, as a teacher I had to learn to handle conflict in a more civilized manner but I will tell you this it will never be at the expense of my self-dignity. teacher or not. I just try to use a bit more discretion nowadays (smile).

How can the rats organization look themselves in the mirror after the two events that I described above with any drop of self-worth.

For a reminder, below is a photo that I have posted a number of times here of where I grew up. You can draw your own conclusions from it. The point is, I learned many lessons from the old neighborhood and one of them was about earning Respect. Where I came from we did not have much. However, you cannot put a price on morals and values. And one of them was Respect. If you earned that, it was good as a million bucks. I dislike the rats and everything about them. And if there was ever a chance that I would even show an inkling of Respect for them, it all went down the drain after the two incidents that I posted above. I will never show any Respect for them. I dislike them to the highest mountain top. I can tolerate the Browns and the Bengals but the rats never. I could go on all day about other events that speak volumes about their lack of character but I will leave at this.

Right mouse click on image to: "Open link in new window".

Steelwinds Sports Complex[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1