1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The official NFL draft 2020 thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Shenault is my draft crush, the guy I want most on the team. I’m surprised he dropped out of the first, maybe because of the injuries, not holding my breath he drops all the way to 49 but I can dream.

A little more elaboration on his dad dying. They broke down on the express way, pulled off to the side of the road. At some point he was walking around the front of the car, slipped and stumbled into the expressway where he was run over by a truck. Shenault saw the whole thing, that’s effed up.

I didn’t know about sideline kill though, makes me like him even more. Dude will be the next big sensation in the league, you watch.

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I've seen a few mocks with him going to the Ravens. :facepalm: They got the LB I really liked already.

3. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Yeah, I couldn't believe the Ravens' luck. Queen fell to their freaking laps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Besides those 15, I am guessing Gallimore or Madubuike on DL, no? That makes it 17.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ravens never should have gotten him, Chargers traded up and left him on the board for Murray, wth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Gallimore is really good but I'm not personally looking at DT at #49.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s hard to say because we don’t know what we have in Buggs yet but with Hargraves departure, NT could be our most pressing need.

I certainly won’t be upset if they take Gallimore, good player like you said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No Shenault? I could easily have him as no.1

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Baum? Team him with Bush, That's some big time speed!

10. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I genuinely think the best RB was taken by the chiefs. Watch all 4 and Edwards-Helaire is the one you will see stabbing his leg out with strong, sudden, nasty cuts that the other 4 cant seem to do. His start, stop, stutters are way better than the other 3. Certain he can make more from nothing and achieve similar from great blocks. Hell of a recieving back too. He looks as if he has magnets in his body that automatically repel him from tacklers.

Will be taking CEH in fantasy this year, easy, with him being on that chiefs offense. I expect him to rise to the too of that crowded backfield quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm actually more surprised by the Saints passing on Queen. He even played college ball in their backyard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think there is a lot of talent left. Wouldn't shock me to see the Steelers try to trade down and try to get into the late 2nd or early 3rd round and try to get an additional 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick.
    Not sure the draft capital if you trade back 10-15 choices in the round. Steelers don't have a 5th rounder at all.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I can't imagine McKinney will make it to #49. I'd actually like to see the Steelers try to trade up to grab him. They have a much better chance of Delpit falling to them, but there is good reason for that. He was hurt much of 2019 and didn't play nearly as well as in 2018. I agree that those two, Dobbins, Swift and Taylor would be tough to pass at #49, but McKinney is the only player left that I'd actually want them to trade up to take him.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Seattle has 59 and 101 that would be a nice move to make. On the subject of grabbing a WR at 49 I would prefer either Mims or Shenault over Higgins or Pittman. IMO Higgins and Pittman are more like what we already have. Mims is basically untapped elite athleticism at WR and Shenault brings way more versatility to the table. There will still be a lot of good receivers available later as well. I just feel if you’re going WR at 49 go for someone that has a special skill set that gets them on the field because there probably won’t be too many opportunities with the depth ahead of them. Mims with his ability to high point the football along with above average speed and Shenault with his ability to make plays from multiple positions. JMO

15. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What will everybody's level of anger be if the Steelers use pick #49 on a quarterback? I think this will be mine:

Hurts: okay to mildly irritated

Fromm: displeased

Eason: pissed

any other quarterback: Chernobyl-style meltdown

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I just dont think it happens. We're all in on Ben's remaining time here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I can see us picking Hurts in the second, i dont think it will happen but i wont be surprised if it did let him set a year or 2, Ben knows he is abt done

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I’d be pissed if they took any QB this draft, but I can totally see them doing it.

19. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Antoine Winfield Jr. is the guy I would love at 49! Our safety duo would be the best in football.

I do think OL is the biggest need though. We've gotta get young there. It wouldn't surprise me if we went OL with the first 2 pics. I could see Cushenberry or Hennessy first and then the best Tackle prospect with the 3rd round pick.

And I'm starting to warm up to RB, since one of those 3 guys may fall to us....hopefully Dobbins.

20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Idk...Something is telling me Taylor or Dobbins is the pick... Think Swift, Shenault, Jones, Cleveland, Delpit, McKinney, and Baum will be gone

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's the way I see it.

The Steelers don't typically draft somebody's replacement.

I think Colbert will give Mason Rudolph and Terrell Edmunds the benefit of the doubt and give them 1 more year before drafting their replacements.

I don't see QB or S as viable options at #49.

I still think we are poised to take someone who will make this team better in 2020 and 2021.

To me, that is RB, WR, DT, or ILB.

Looking at the board, I just don't see an ILB who fits the bill. There's some intrigue at DT but ultimately I think the WR and RBs will emerge as BPA.

In comparing the 2 positions i think RB is a bigger need than WR. I think we look to take either Dobbins, Taylor or Swift.

I ultimately think we pick Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin. I think Swift and Dobbins will be gone.

As a second choice, and I dont know if I dreamt about it but alot of signs have been pointing me towards Lavishka Shenault today. He really wasn't on my radar but for some reason I can hear Kevin Colbert saying his name again and again in my head. I might be going crazy though :goofy:

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd love Jonathon Taylor, my gut feeling is he gets taken before we pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, that sums it up. I want to say something stronger than mildly irritated about Hurts, but I can’t help feeling that he has a chance to put it together and be a decent QB. I like him a lot better coming out than I liked Rudolph.

Actually, put me down for totally pissed for Fromm too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    let me rephrase this. Many take the weak thing as these guys stink. No not what I mean. Every guy that is draftable can play football and play well or they wouldn't be playing college football at any level. It only takes one team to like a guy. Not all these players are correct for every team. Weak means they either already have a guy better or they don't fit the team or they have bigger needs. Not all teams take best player available. Some do. Some draft for need. Some do both. If there was a stud TE or any other position they would have been the first players taken by some team. If it comes down to two needs they will take the better of the two I would think. That could change it they think the position is deep enough to get just as good of player later. That's where the strength of positions comes into play. So when I say weak, it just means other positions have top players that will in theory make a bigger impact. How a team sees them as star power over a guy that can just fill a need. Every team would like studs 3 deep at every position but it's still a long shot and they go by the info they have. How do this year's crop stack up to other proven players makes some positions better than others every year.:cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I pretty much agree. I do think this will be an offense heavy draft, although I see us grabbing a guy at some point for the Mark Barron role.....and DL depth at some point also.

Also agree on RB being a bigger need than WR. I see both Washington and Johnson stepping up this year with Ben back...and Deon Cain as our #4 wide out and deep threat will be fine! That was a good pickup for us.