1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The official NFL draft 2020 thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 23, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Drew did?!?! I can make a case for Clyde for certain. Arnette though?!

2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Sadly they do not. Pure 4-3 Defensive Ends. That said, A.J. Epenesa as a 3-4 DE would not be too bad either. Just needs 10lbs and he is good to go as he has the athletic and natural tools to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yes to any of those!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I've spent a couple of hours this AM watching the 4 WRs who we're projected to the 1st round, but have fallen to the 2nd. I watched 3 games each, and avoided highlight films because IMO opinion they distort reality by only showing the good. Here are my rankings of those "big 4" available in R2 based on the games that I watched:

1. Michael Pittman – Watched Utah, Colorado, BYU games in 2019.
    2. Tee Higgins – Watched Ohio State, Virginia, South Carolina games 2019.
    3 (tie). Denzel Mims – Watched Oklahoma, Texas and Georgia games in 2019.
    3 (tie). Laviska Shenault – Watched Nebraska, USC and Oregon games 2019.

I really didn't see any weaknesses in Pittman's game at all. He does everything you expect a guy with his size and speed to do, but he also runs decent routes, blocks (a little bit anyway) and has good hands. I think he's a legit NFL #1 WR prospect, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up being a perennial 1,000+ yard, 7-10 TD kind of guy. Higgins is dynamic, and probably the best at getting separation on ins and outs. His game vs. Ohio State was troubling, as he was very limited by Okudah, but Okudah os pretty darn good. Higgins looks a bit like Martavis Bryant without the baggage, but is far more complete right now than Bryant was coming out. Good player, and very worthy of pick #49. Mims is incomplete IMO. He's a vertical jump ball monster, and a red zone weapon, but he is not a polished route runner at all. What he does well will translate well to the NFL as a big play weapon, but he needs work. Shenault is a really good overall WR and football player. I'm just not sure I see the dynamics in his game to rank over Pittman or Higgins. He does look like the most versatile of these guys. You can play him on the outside, in the slot, and probably even the backfield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Nice write ups Elvis. Of those 4 I probably give Higgins a slight edge but he did have alot more help at Clemson than Pittman did at USC. I'll give Pittman another look today .

Did you watch any Claypool? He's really interesting to me simply because he had zero help on that Notre Dame offense with very poor QB play but still put up great numbers.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    A lot of good players left but at the same time I would also be exploring a trade back. Unless there’s someone they are in love with I’d be on the phone with Seattle to see if they want someone at #49. I’ll take #59 and #101 off their hands.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I was originally against trading back but if Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Higgins, or Mims isn't there I wouldn't be against it. Patriots are stacking 2nd/3rds and going to screw us I know it. We can move back and get the ball rolling on the guys we need but probably don't get a RB. Unless they like Akers we can get him when we trade back and get another 3rd.

The more I think about it though are we going to carry 4 RB's? There is some great talent that normally wouldn't fall to us in other drafts not as deep in other areas. Plus, Conner is probably gone next year unless he can stay healthy.

Stay put..

1. Dobbins or Taylor

2. Tyler Biadasz

3. Albert O (Tight ends are falling in my sims. We could even grab Moss but I think Albert is better. If we switch these two I miss out on Tyler a lot because IOL are going)

4. Quartney Davis

5. Solomon Kindley. We need some luck / possible trade up for this.

Getting those last 4 guys would be a lot easier with move back and taking Akers.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Chances of our war room being brodcast tonight? lol prob go to comercial when we pick........ what station did everyone watch last night? , espn sucked had poor commentary on the players

9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Always watch NFL network. I hate ESPN - horrid memories of Chris Berman shrieking for a weekend. That said, NFLN wasn't all that great.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Poor Charger fans, they take Herbert, who IMO comes with all the same risks as the next tier of guys, Love, Eason, Hurts, Fromm and then they trade back into the first for Murray while leaving Queen there. Ouch.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    No. I’m not sure I’ll get to him today.

13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I wince when I see Chris Berman's career has been reduced to doing those dreadful "Car Shield" commercials.

14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Hey...when you gotta go, you GOTTA GO

15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I wasn't asking who was out of question I was wondering who everyone was leaning towards :smiley1: I don't know if anything means the safety or te class is weak.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Maybe but my question is why do you say that? I mean what stands out why you think they can't fit a 3-4, what did you see in their film or did you read this? Just what is the difference in your eyes between a 3-4 and a 4-3 prospect?

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I agree with you especially with as little as we could play him......IF.....Tuitt stays healthy, lol. The more I look at things the more I am starting to open up to a WR and even a RB. The way the NFL has become and is going it is an offensive league so might as well get you some....lol

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Damn... it brings back memories of a game my friends and I used to play called “kill the guy with the ball.” No goal line, no teams, just taking turns being 1 guy trying to stay upright and not fumble for as long as possible while being hunted by 4-5 other guys on a small field (back yard).

It was a good letter, and I absolutely see the Jarvis Landry comparison, but not really the Julio Jones or Fitz comparisons. This breaks my tie between him and Mims.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I really hope the Oklahoma QB is gone by #49. Steelers front office LOVES big 12 quarterbacks

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We called it by a much less politically correct term back in the day. ;)

22. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Patriots @ 37

23. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Smear the, uhh, something or other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member