1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

See, I told you all ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If by “preserving him physically” you mean keeping him from dying, then yeah I guess they preserved him physically. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Rightfully so , he had a serious injury. He was playing well against the Jets. Why would they bench him the following week with the playoffs still a possibility?
    Makes no sense. Not to mention the 20 links I can post regarding his injury. Benched.? Nope

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Sounds like the Steelers defense in 3rd and long situations

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It means exactly what it means, he wasn't physically able to play. But all the facepalming in the world won't cover up the fact that the kid took as much mental abuse as physical last season. He wasn't ready mentally or physically to play that last game. Again, that is my opinion. And again, I stand behind it.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm sure we will not be likely to see those numbers. If they don't serve the medias agenda, they become public knowledge unless you know where to look.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015

And now that we are finding out that hospitals are compensated for COVID 19 deaths and the CDC has encouraged them to list "everything" as a COVID 19 death, we can start to realize that the numbers we were being horrified with were never real.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Are you saying it's hoax? That countries around the world have conspired to crash the world economy (or US economy) by shutting things down and destroying their own economies? Do you think that, had we not shut things down to slow the spread of the virus, that we would be seeing the same numbers? Are the deaths piling up so badly that NY morgues have been using refrigerator trucks to temporarily hold dead bodies are not really COVID-related? Are they a hoax too? Is the devastation that the disease wreaked on the populations of Spain and Italy DESPITE harsh lockdown measures a hoax?

The CDC guidance was NOT to list "everything" as COVID. The guidance was to list death due to complications of existing conditions due to COVID as COVID related deaths. In other words, if someone had a preexisting condition and died after being infected with COVID, it's a COVID related death. And why wouldn't it be? If someone had a condition that was being managed, and then they get infected and die, should that just be chalked up as a death due to the pre-existing condition? The individuals that I know of who died from COVID complications due to preexisting conditions were expected to live for several more years with their conditions, so why wouldn't their deaths be considered COVID-related?

I do think we're going to eventually find out that this disease was spread wider than currently thought, and that a lot more people were infected without serious harm, but it's still severe. The numbers aren't a fabrication, and they are nowhere near done accumulating. There are reports of significant under-counting around the world (and in the US) due to people dying at home and some health organizations not reporting because they are focusing all hands on treating patients and will catch up later on reporting. The questionableness of the numbers goes both ways. If you're wired to look for trolls under every bridge, well then you're going to find them (in your own mind at least).

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't wish to debate your perceptions versus mine, I simply follow the things I "know" to be true and dismiss the hype. I know that if hospitals are receiving compensation for COVID 19 related deaths, they are going to lean very heavily toward finding a way to make a stubbed toe be a COVID 19 death.....it's the American way. COVID 19 was developed in a lab in China so they could force mandatory vaccination and it got out of hand. There are wildly conflicting reports about the deaths in NY so I don't buy into any of it. Some reports say what you stated and some say the death rates are little different than that of any other flu season but the media will "always" sensationalize at "every" opportunity.

And a few weeks ago the media and it's supporters were touting "the mortality rate" as the real thing to look at. Well, if far more people actually have COVID 19, or have already had it, then those "mortality rates" drop dramatically don't they?

It's a bad strain of the flu virus and yes we needed to exercise the caution that has been drummed into us our entire lives about being smart during a vulnerable time. The rest was pretty much media created hysteria and most of us will never know the real reason why.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not to demean the importance of the fans but from the players perspective, those are probably both true. The players wouldn't have to deal with ignorant fans and crowd noise, which would mean they could just play football.

And despite the fact that every player puts on the act by saying they have the best fans, the fans are what's wrong with the NFL today. Until we learn to control our addiction for football to the point where we happily take it up the sphincter week in and week out, year in and year out, and stand in line for more......the NFL will continue to rape us.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Can you post your picture so we know if the next one of these stories is you if you suddenly disappear ???

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Well ****! That proves it right there!:facepalm:

Facepalm is the only emoji that comes close to something that dumb.

12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If @exoticgamora and the UK version of "dailymail" says it, it must be gospel. Especially since it is an OHIO man. I mean, who better to know the goings on of an Ohio resident than an online news source from the UK and a Guardians of the Galaxy fan. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I saw several tweets that prove that China doesn't even exist! What we have been told is China is actually Lower Mongolia and any map viewed in the US has the word "CHINA" superimposed on it. It is just fake news to blame someone for the bad products we make here in the US, if it doesn't pass QC tests, we stamp it "Made in China" so that companies can avoid being fined! @Blast Furnace are you drunk?

15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I know you say you don't want to debate it, and if you'd left it at that statement, I would too. However, you are completely missing the most important fact that make this situation completely different from ANY seasonal flu, no matter how bad. There's no vaccine and no "herd immunity." Even a bad flu is similar enough to the previous year's flu that many people simply don't contract it, and very importantly, don't spread it. With this virus, even people who are asymptomatic spread it, and there's no way for the most vulnerable people - or the healthcare workers coming into contact with dozens or more people per day - to inoculate themselves. Even if this disease ends up having the same mortality rate as a bad flu, the degree to which it can spread due to no vaccinations and no herd immunity makes it a crisis for the healthcare systems in areas largely affected. It also puts the more vulnerable populations at extreme risk, and as fellow human beings we have the obligation to do what we can to minimize that risk.

Put another way, if we had a bad strain of the flu that nobody could be vaccinated against, and nobody had natural immunity to due to similarity to previous strains, and called it “the flu,” the situation would likely be the same.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, I’m drunk along with the rest of the world with this overblown pandemic hoax! Even Russia is in on it! Woohoo, haven’t been this drunk in ages, so much fuunnnnnnnn!

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Whoooo boy! Herd immunity, by definition, is something that people are immune to because they have had it. Every new virus has zero herd immunity! It's just that in election years the herd is gets dumber for some reason:drinks:

If the millions upon millions of people who we now suspect have had it, have gotten over it, we are building a herd immunity quickly......like we do with every new virus every year.....and have since the beginning of time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Can I come over and join you? I got pretty ****faced last week at my cabin but I don't think I've ever been that drunk:cool:

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Ah, that makes sense. China released the virus from a lab to affect the US election, and the rest of the civilized world is playing along to affect the US election. The hundreds of health care workers who have DIED because they were infected are just being voluntary martyrs for the cause. Got it :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you were freebasing too and still lit.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Makes perfect sense! Not bat**** crazy in the least, noooooo.

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    See....that's how the weak minded think. No, it was invented in a lab to help China's controlling faction mandate forced vaccination and it got out of hand.....and the rest of the world is suffering because of it. But hey, you just keep hangin in there doin your part:drinks:

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I suggest you mods put a stop to all this off topic stupidity!:this!:

Naivete and TDS are entertaining but not here:cool:

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Conspiracy theorists :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    It's funny... I wouldn't be at all surprised if the evidence ultimately pointed to an accidental release from a Chinese lab (though saying it was "developed" is a reach). A more likely explanation is that they know they have a problem with viruses jumping species, and are working on ways to mitigate when it happens, and they #$%@ed it up. I'll hold on the rest at this point. I think your own words have done enough damage to your own credibility on the subject matter.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1