1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

75 Steelers vs 85 Bears

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s the black and silver glasses. By his logic, NE should have never lost to the Giants, they did even better than the Raiders and went undefeated. No way they should have lost to a Giants team that won what, 10 games that year, how did that happen :scratch:

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have been a Steelers fan since 1975, so try again, I can give another team credit when they win and not make excuses like you :facepalm:.

3. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    My wife is a Bears fan. I just showed her this thread. I had to tell her how cool it is to be a Steeler fan b/c we have so many teams to choose from.....75? 76 and didn't win it all?? 78? 1970's.....mostly all the same dudes on those teams....it doesn't matter what team for me. If they were going by stats, then the undefeated Dolphins would've already been named champion.....
    We should beat 85 Bears....I still think the 49ers of 1984 with 1 loss ( close game to our Steelers ), was better the year before 85 Bears.....the Bears had a crazy group of dudes and they capitalized on the endorsements.....they were hyped by themselves and media. Can you imagine Bears with twitter?
    Bears finally beat a banged up 49er team coming off a run and cruised by the Rams with Jeff Kemp at the helm....wow wee....not wonder the AFC lost Super Bowls from 1984-1998. AFC from 1985-1998 wasn't too good.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    People do realize that those 70s Steelers had arguably the greatest collection of talent in not just NFL History but Professional Team Sports History?! I don't recall too many dynasties in the History of Professional Team Sports that had 10 Hall of Fame players, regardless of sport, on the same team. That level of talent is ridiculous.

Raiders, Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings, Rams, Oilers or whomever else stood little to no chance against those 70s teams. For that matter, I am still researching which sports team not NFL affiliated to have such a profound impact on rule changes the way the Steelers did. Perhaps the Chicago Bulls teams of the 90s but Super Teams have existed predominately throughout NBA History.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Those Green Bay teams of the 60s had 9 Hall Of Famers, but the Steelers were probably more talented.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

True. Then again, much like the Steelers, the Packers had one legendary Head Coach to not only amass that talent but orchestrate it as well. Outside of Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs and Vince Lombardi, I would not take too many other legendary Head Coaches over Chuck Noll. Nevermind amassing and orchestrating talent, Chuck Noll, from what I read, was one HELL of a manager.

How he managed so many personalities is BEYOND ME. :eek:

That being said about those 60s Packers teams, I still would take the 70s Steelers... just not by much though. Neither team really had a weakness per se, but having 10 HOF players to 9 makes an immense difference; especially on defense. Granted, Willie Davis, Henry Jordan, Ray Nitchske, Herb Adderley and Willie Wood all would have caused issues but the likes of Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Mel Blount and Donnie Shell could have held their own.