1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No more Steelers for me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Sep 23, 2012.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I would never switch teams. I'd just give up the sport altogether.

Like the Pirates.

I loathe em. Swore them off 5 or 6 years ago when it was evident they weren't really trying. I didn't switch allegiances (although I did get a Yankees hat to wear as silent protest when I occasionally find myself at PNC) I just flat out quit following the sport.

Baseball is dead to me.

Thanks Kevin McClatchey et al...

2. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011

I say that too. Cause I will still be back for week 5 just get tired of getting so damn frustrated over something I have no control over. I need to learn how to enjoy the game.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, we kind of figured you didn't like him when you called him a monkey last year after being bounced by Denver.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Dont let the door hit ya on the asses pellynch14 and edog...we're better off without ya anyways. Go cheer those Ravens/etc!

5. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Never said I was going to cheer for the ravens. Just said that I have a problem and that it was not good for me to watch right now. But will be glad to let the door hit me on the ass on the way out if you like.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    exactly not monkey for the colour of the skin but monkey in the head , he always look with that face after players on the field keep doing bs

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've been a Steelers fan since the late 70s. I've seen some amazing teams, and I've seen some pathetic teams, but not once, incuding now, has it ever occurred to me to stop watching the Steelers play football or to consider how another team might be a better team to watch. Sorry, I just don't get that.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh jeez guys, cmon. Seriously, I advise EVERYONE to walk away from the computer after a loss. Seriously, it will save you from typing something you probably wouldn't have if you just went and did something else for a while. I don't want to start locking down every other thread because it devolves into a flaming match.

9. romeo863603

romeo863603 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2011

100% agree. I've watched them in there good and bad times like many other "TRUE" Steeler fans. Everyone has the right to be upset with the Steelers or not but to say I won't watch them anymore or want to root for another team is a bandwagon fan

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It is just venting guys. Don't skewer the OP or edog as they are just blowing off some steam. They will be back and they know it.

I will say that I'm kinda glad in retrospect that CBS didnt televise this game in TN. I caught the last minute and change after the Den/Hou game ended and was so incensed that had I seen the whole game, my wife may have been filing papers Monday morning. I'll also say that there is no way in hell that I'm watching the rats n pats tonight. I just dont think my health and my marriage can handle any more of this crap tonight... Aaarrgggh!

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You have to be loyal to your team through the good and bad. Take it from an Army fan.

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This! Between the repeat threads...hot heads making drastic posts or whatever...its nuts around here. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I get the venting aspect, heck I've done quite a bit of venting myself tonight, here and with my family. But when you come to a public message board devoted to a team that has passionate fans to say you're going to quit watching the team you love, you have to expect some lash back.

14. Pierogiman

Pierogiman Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :doh: Thats like saying you'd give up your son after he fails a test, we lost, its frustrating, but I'm a Steeler fan even if we're 2-14, 8-8, or 14-2. This message board after a loss is a hilariously sad place.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Winner winner....

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Bandwagon!

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :this!:
    :this!:

18. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed. Bandwagon.

I ve been bleeding black and gold for 36 yrs now. I bleed it when we win, I bleed it when we lose. I would go to every game and lose 1000 to 0 before I would become a Ratbird fan. Glad you re showing your colors now, the Steelers will be back and it aint over yet. GO STEELERS!!!

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :herewego: :clapping: :thumbsup: :amen: AGREED

20. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I understand all this. My wife was wondering why our new little baby boy was crying during the last 2 minutes of the game.

I asked her "You really have to ask? It's the start of a love hate relationship he'll have with this team forever. I love my steelers but
    I'm so frustrated with the constant repeat week in and week out of being a team that barely hangs in and wins by 2 or loses by 2, when
    we should be winning by 25+"

21. va.STEEL

va.STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    :amen: :this!: :herewego!:

22. va.STEEL

va.STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    BLACK & GOLD IS THE WAY WE ROLL
    you must have been a black and yellow fellow

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Go Cubs!!! Next year we're gonna finally get it done!!
    blountforcetrauma-every year

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    the fairweather fans will be back when pitts defeats the eagles

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I've seen worse teams calling themselves Steelers. Am I pissed off? Hell yeah. But they're my team. I'll never stop supporting them (although I may ***** about them ;)).

"I can't watch this team anymore" reminds me of another BS line: "I'm never drinking again."