1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Apr 16, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Anyone else notice Colbert has been on this Michigan thing lately. Michigan, western michigan, Michigan state. His roots are from there but......... Do we look for uche to be the pick? Just added a center from western michigan. We now have 10 players from michigan in some form. 2 LB, 2 OL, S, DL, 2 CB, WR, TE.

8 Ohio
    9 Pa.
    4 cali.
    3 fla.
    5 bama
    6 NC
    3 Tx.
    3 mary.
    3 ny
    3 tenn.
    4 ore.
    3 kent.
    2 okla.
    :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Would love Uche in the 3rd. Don’t know how I feel about him in the 2nd though.....I wouldn’t be too upset. Depends on who’s available at the time.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Muck Fichigan

Go PSU

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The team up North players are just Ohio players that were rejected by OSU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

Bell is my guy. He blew it here. Really sad. He and his agent fudged that one up. I have gone on record as to having him back. Most here say "No". That is okay. He had/has HOF potential written all over him. Not that much wear and tear on him since he left. Those opposed to this say he is done. I highly disagree. He did not play for the whole year he sat out here. Then with the Jets he played minimal. I know he is a head case, to a degree. We have tolerated worse. Given that, I am not into Tolerating a person in any line of work. I just think it can work out if he came back. I realize the price tag is an issue as well.

Given that he is a special player. Teams had to game plan for him unlike any of our current RBs. Unlike any RB in the league. He was in the ideal situation here with a great supporting cast that allowed him to be a dual-threat as a RB/WR combination. In the end, it will probably not happen. And with the passing of each season, especially for a RB it becomes more unrealistic. Oh well. One can want. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think Bell can ever get back to a level even close to what he was in 2017. Remember, this is a guy who had to completely change his conditioning habits and body to become a great player in the first place. The guy who showed up as a rookie was nothing special. I think he lost much of that when he took the year off, which left the Jets paying way too much money for a very average back. I think if he had continued his career as a Steeler without interruption, he would could have still had big years in 2018 and 2019, but I doubt that is happening now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Last month I was Hoping we would take C Caesar Ruiz in the 2nd; but now all the latest mocks have him going in the 1st.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah. I was right there with you. He would still be my #1 pick should he be there at 49. It wouldn't surprise me if he is. He seems to totally be a guy who you see starts in the 3rd, runs up the draft boards to be projected in the first all of a sudden cause the buzz is that everyone loves him, and then at the draft...he "falls" into the 2nd. I think he "might" be there. Cushenberry might be an option as well.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Yea I forgot, bell and AB and Woodley all from michigan. Hog you are right, I remember several years ago U of ichigan had 9 of 11 starters on their defense were from ohio. bell was from ohio. Still I think he needs to broaden his horizon. Ichigan always looks good against average teams but when they play a real team it shows it was smoke and mirrors. Similar to notre dame. Kinda like the steelers. Hmmmmm. He should stop about half way across Ohio and grab more. I would hate it uche is the pick, but it wouldn't surprise me. :cool:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Overated State University
    Columbus, Ohio

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    they sure are in the national championship mix an awful lot for being so overrated. The NFL is full of those overrated players. ;):cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'd be very happy with Ruiz as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    homer plus. :lolol::cool:

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I B

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. All is okay here.

I really do not keep super tight tracking of players and their colleges. However, as far as Ohio State University goes, if nothing else you have to give some love to Santonio Holmes. He was one of the best to have played the game for us. The obvious: No Santonio + Ben maybe no Super Bowl XLIII Ring. Sure we could have kicked a FG and went into OT. Given, that I am glad that they connected to end it. The way our Defense was starting to falter at the end of that game, well, I am just glad that Santonio and Ben were able to connect on what I consider the greatest catch in NFL history. Not just Super Bowl history either. Also, it was still nerve-wracking after the TD catch but Woodley stepped up big time to end it all.

Santonio and Ben had that Slant Pattern down to a "T". It was so great to watch. Santonio like AB, Bell, Martavis all just blew it. Each had HOF ability. Actually, AB may get in one day based on what he has accomplished up to this point. His last five years of statistics are incredible.

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

Santonio Holmes. Love the guy. Blew it big time. However, his time here was great. Especially, The Greatest Catch in NFL history IMO. No doubt about it!