1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bens QB rating is 109.2 so far this year.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Sep 23, 2012.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Just thought I'd inject a positive thread into the board.

2. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks. At least one positive.

3. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I say this in all seriousness...he is carrying the Steelers right now with Polamalu and Harrison out.

4. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    offense looked good against NYJ & OAK, true.

but unless they start to put up numbers like NO/GB last year, they won't be able to carry the lackluster defense :\
    they'll either need to start putting up 40+ or get the running game going reliably so they can control the TOP and keep the opposing offense off the field ... not to get the defense time to rest but to deny the opposing O chances to score. kinda sad when you have to use the "anti elite qb" blueprint on carson-friggin-palmer and the likes, but that seems to be what this year will have to be

5. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He sure is, but we still need a good running back. Mendy is ok when he comes back but he still has that little dance and by then the hole is closed up if their is a hole with this O line.

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Haley is already doing wonders for Ben. Ben is taking what the defence gives him for the first time in his career. The offence frustrated me to no end last year and although it still does a little bit at times with the lack of a running game, it's much, much better.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I was one of the ones who would have stuck with BA, but I will say that so far the O is looking better without him.

If it continues to get better I still say this is an 11-12 win team.

Defense doesn't look good, but too many errors (TOs/penalties) are what is killing this team. Tighten these up and even with the suspect D this team is pretty good.

8. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    while i love what the offense is doing this year, i don't see a 11-5 or 12-4 season unless the defense gets it's act together.
    @NYG, @BAL and @CIN are likely losses.
    @DAL might be ugly too, throw in one or two no-shows by the defense in other games (bye-week-slump to PHI possibly) and it looks bad.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben is playing great, offense is getting it done, defense needs to step it way up. Thank God we have a bye week, get healthy and right the ship.

10. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

should read: 1 or 2 times when the defense catches someone having a bad day, this was a bad Oakland team that kicked their asses today

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  12. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011

Yes, no need to panic.

I saw the Denver loss coming from a mile away. And there is always 1 or 2 surprises along the way. This was one of them. And they typically play poorly on the WC so maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Although I am getting tired of TP and his injuries, he will make an impact when he gets back as will Harrison (if he ever comes back). They'll improve and the O will continue to grow. I don't see this as a SB team (that could change with growth and/or injury), but I think they still make the post season.

Chill people, the other teams are paid professionals too.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well said, BobbyBiz. We were 2-2 last year after the first 4 games and went to win 4 straight after the week 4 loss. Due to droughts this year, the rivers aren't very deep in a lot of places. I wouldn't recommend jumping off the bridge just yet.

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Wow you actually said something that is spot on and I can agree with, haha.

15. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    It's easy to think the sky is falling after a loss like this. However, Ben is having a great season so far and I think we should wait until after the bye when most everyone should be back and then see how they play. If we don't play well then I think we need to accept the fact that some serious changes need to be made in order for us to be a playoff caliber team again.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How do you and Bobby do it? You guys are like Zen Masters. Maybe I need to get a meditation garden :lolol:

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :clapping: :thumbs_up: MVP, MVP, MVP ,MVP ..... lol no but realy i said befor i think we make MVP before he retires.

18. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Good to know that we are wasting Ben's best years....

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It doesn't matter if the defense can't stop anybody.

20. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless our D turns things around quickly, it will be a battle just to make the playoffs.