1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2020 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 6, 2020.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I like Chinn, Like Anae, but want to throw a name out there people will probably have to look up- Alton Robinson, Edge, Syracuse.

Bigger, faster, stronger than Anae. NFL.com has him ranked as a second year starter, which is what we need at OLB. Chinn and Anae are both "good back up, starter potential".

For those of you who want offense, Cushenberry is also rated second year starter.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Cushenberry went at pick 63

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My bad. Was going off NY's post. But you have to admit, he would be a good value here. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Right I was talking Hennessy not Cushenberry, I compared Hen to Cush........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like you are close to Cuse so I have no problem with Robinson and he was ranked high early on and kinda has fallen back. Anae, Highsmith, Robinson and a guy I missed Uche are all real good picks here.

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Didn't realize Chin was still available, I was thinking safety like ND's Gilman, but my site has Chin ranked a bit higher than him. I could go all in for a safety or OL, best available. I show Robinson ranked around 130 so he should be around close to our next round.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some positions and names to consider.

Matthew Peart, OT

Draft Network had this to say:

Was engineered in a lab with a frame designed for playing offensive tackle in the NFL. Love the mobility and he’s a smooth operator. He has the foot quickness needed to keep pace with speedy rushers up the arc, slide laterally and get out in space to connect with moving targets. Easy change of direction skills and his overall range is outstanding given his length and movement skills. Despite his relative newness to the position, Peart has some impressive natural mirroring skills in pass protection. Has all of the unteachable gifts needed to execute at a high level. Growth has been notable across his four seasons as a starter. Love how he keeps his feet engaged throughout the rep.

If we are looking at safety, I mentioned Alohi Gilman in the last vote. Very smart, he’s a QB of the defense, down hill player heat seeking missile type. Not a single high safety.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Since the Patriots just pilfered the player that had my Steelers vote for this rd., I'm m going to cast my official vote for Texas tech. Ilb Jordyn brooks

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  9. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I don't think the Steelers will select defensive players with their first two picks...

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Wouldn't be the first time...
    Remember Lawrence timmons and Lamar Woodley

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Agreed, but the team is in a pretty good position to take the BPA. The team did address the skill position need by signing Ebron. I do not see an offensive player drafted at #102 that would get more snaps in 2020 if BPA was on defense. My hope is the Steelers get a difference maker running back at #49. At #102 a RB would be adding to the stable of what already they have.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    DT Neville Gallimore would be the highest ranked player still left imo, but we went D Line in round 2 and no way we should go defense here.

Some options...

OL - Hakeem Adeniji, Matthew Peart, Logan Sternburg, Damien Lewis, Matt Hennessy, Ben Bredeson

WR - KJ Hill, Van Jefferson, Jauan Jennings, Bryan Edwards

RB - Eno Benjamin, Antonio Gibson, Anthony McFarland, Darrynton Evans

TE - Harrison Bryant

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought of Gallimore but that’s moot like you said.

I’d add Jauan Jennings to WR list, 6’3” 208lbs, a beast to take down. Apparently the hardest player to tackle after the catch in college last season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    Near as I can tell, brooks has no discernable weakness..... No way he falls this far in the real draft.... Everyone talks about Vince Williams deficiencies.. here's the chance to solve that....
    Brooks, bush Vince and Gilbert would be a pretty stacked unit...
    My vote stays the same ..... The value is too great to overlook

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Like I stated in the ILB thread, he'd be my target in the real thing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    My vote goes for Matthew Peart OT UConn... Just think the value of a good tackle prospect is tough to pass. This would give you a lot of flexibility with Matt Feiler since Peart was a RT (after moving from the left side). Tackles are so hard to find and getting one at the end of the 3rd would be good. He's a big dude and has a basketball background so the athleticism is there, also shown at the combine.

By most accounts, he needs some time in the NFL weight training program to get stronger. Perfect timing with our OT situation right now.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with Turtle, the more I look into this guy the more I like him, would be an excellent addition to the line which they very much need.

My vote goes for Matthew Peart, OT Uconn.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Matt Peart, T, UCONN

I go to a few UCONN games every year, and he was definitely the bright spot last season. He won’t be ready in 2020, but he’s got great potential.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I get all the value of Peart but I don't see the fit got us. We spent a 3rd and 7th last year here and have AV, Feiler and Banner ahead of him. Honestly I see Hennessy as a bigger value as our future center and back up OG. Speaking of OG Lewis is as much value here as Peart and more of a need, imo.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Vote tally so far:

1 Jordyn brooks, ILB, Texas Tech
    1 Ben Bredeson, OL, Michigan
    3 Matthew Peart, OT, UCONN

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    You make a great point and I can see C being a definite need very quickly. Hennessy has only played C though if I'm not mistaken and the team may not like that lack of versatility. Can he play G? Probably, but they haven't seen it on film. If Peart becomes a legit OT in 2021 you can move Feiler to LG if he hasn't already in 2020 and have that competition between Peart, Chuks and Banner. Wiz is already over 31 IIRC.

Feiler is the hinge point....where does he go for 2020? RT or LG? As of right now, you have 4 OTs in Feiler, AV, Chuks and Banner. But only Wiz, DD and Pounce at IOL. Do you maintain the consistency on the right side and keep Feiler at RT or solidify the IOL by moving Feiler to LG and keep Wiz as back up to C and G? If they do the latter, then RT is open competition between Chuks and Banner and you could throw Peart in the mix. With Derek Watt in the mix, chipping in blocks on the end, why not solidify the interior and move Feiler to LG. I was of the opposite view before they signed Watt.

23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    That WR list should definitely include Bryan Edwards. Not to be a homer, but he'd be huge value at this point....

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    for sure, I saw his name listed and forgot to add....

• Like Like x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes that is the "knock" on Hennessy is that he don't have position flexibility. However you keep reading and you see how he "A true technician with outstanding technique, range, football IQ and body control. Does a terrific job of establishing body positioning in the run game and finding leverage points on his opponents". I am not taking shot at anyone here but we have an oline coach for a reason right? Also aren't a lot of college centers turned into guards?

Now when you talk Peart you hear how he has limited experience and that was what turned me off when picking for the Jets. I just feel we have more options at OT and used 2 picks in last years draft to address it. We are thin thin thin at OG and with 2 good guys sitting here in Hennessy and Lewis I am not a fan of this pick. JMO