1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2020 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 6, 2020.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  2. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Hi Jeh, Ruiz went already, with pick #28.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Antoine Winfield Jr. for me.

He is a dynamic playmaker like Tyrann Mathieu, and after watching some film I think he's a near lock to be at least a Top 10 to top 20 safety in the NFL in 2-3 years, and I think he would produce some big plays as a rookie.

This was actually a bit difficult for me because I watched a few Jacob Eason games. His raw talent is undeniable, but there seem to be mental lapses and lack of mechanics that pop up too frequently. He has the potential to be a franchise QB, but also has a good chance to wash out if he has hit his ceiling mentally. He's not nearly a finished product, and I haven't had time to watch his progression over the past few years to get a feel for whether he's topping out or still developing. If he's the pick, I won't be bummed out because the potential is undeniable, but winfield is my official pick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have to agree with this. Really would like Cushenberry and DL is one of the positions I want the least with their first pick but the Steelers are in position to take BPA and that would be Blacklock.

All the choices being talked about would be good picks IMO but I’m going with Blacklock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    2 Jacob Eason, Washington
    1 Michael Pittman Jr WR USC
    6 Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
    4 Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota
    1 Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
    1 Lucas Niang, OT, TCU

@TerribleTowelFlying @TuRnDoWnForWaTT little more than an hour left for voting.

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Ill vote for Ross Blacklock

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Final Vote Tally:

2 Jacob Eason, Washington
    1 Michael Pittman Jr WR USC
    7 Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
    4 Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota
    1 Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
    1 Lucas Niang, OT, TCU

Blacklock wins. I was torn and almost went Winfield but wouldn’t have mattered.

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I voted for Winfield, but all in all, I think Blacklock was the best choice. The one starter we lost through free agency was IDL, and Blacklock by all accounts will be able to step in there immediately. So no complaints on my part.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm OK with Blacklock even though I didn't vote for him. What stopped me from voting for him was asking myself how much he'd play if Tuitt is healthy. I realize that's a big if, but if Tuitt is healthy, he and Heyward will be the two down linemen on the field in sub packages, and sub packages are really the base defense these days in terms of snap percentage. I would expect a guy like Winfield to log 1.5x to 2x the number of snaps as Blacklock in 2020 (and probably 2021 as well).

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I actually believe in real life that the Steelers will choose someone on the offensive side of the ball first...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This right here man is how I feel 100%. I as well did not vote Blacklock but am not upset with the pick. I look also at one other thing and that is guys available later on and since I like what I saw in both Agim and Marino and the fact of the % of what Blacklock will play made me vote Winfield. Either way we get a very good player, like blast said all players mentioned are very good options. I am not sure if that has happened in the past with so many of us liking the same group of players........

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    ........but you didn't want to agree with me and that is why you didn't go Winfield........:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We can’t have that now :lolol:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    My thinking was that barring injury, neither will play a big roll this season, so I was picking Blacklock based on taking over eventually.

In the real thing, if the player is there, I really think they need to draft Pounceys replacement. He’s nearing the end. Whether thats Cushenberry or someone else that falls to 49.

15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I haven’t researched this, but my perception is that there are a lot of successful offensive linemen that are low draft picks and UDFAs. Possibly more than any other position group. I don’t feel that it’s necessary to go O line early unless you need someone to be a day 1 starter.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    When i printed out my top 100, Biadasz and Hakeem Adeniji (OT Kansas) got lost in the margins somehow. I prob. would have went Biadasz if I had remembered. I think he's only getting passed over in the media mocks etc. I bet he goes in the 2nd round somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Been enamored with him before the scouting combine. After that though, he is my favorite player in this class. Heck I like him even more than players like Jeremy Chinn, Ceaser Ruiz, Lucas Niang, Tristan Wirfs and even Isaiah Sinmons. For Antonie Winfield Jr., what you see is what you get.

His only major issues have been health. Granted, those can continue onward but I do not think that will be an issue. Having a safety pairing of Fitzpatrick and Winfield Jr. is something I would oh most definitely welcome! :)

18. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50: 2020 NFL Draft prospect rankings 4.0

By Daniel Jeremiah
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: April 1, 2020

RANK 19

Ross Blacklock, DT

School: TCU | Year: Junior (RS)

Blacklock is a dynamic interior defensive lineman. As a pass rusher, he launches out of his four-point stance and his bull rush is ferocious. He creates immediate knock-back. He is ultra-twitchy. He flashes a long-arm move where he can jolt, separate and finish. As a run defender, he successfully stacks and sheds single blocks, but he needs to improve his awareness and effectiveness versus double teams, where he gets washed down the line. He does have some durability concerns, but his skill set is special. Overall, Blacklock comes with some risk, but he's worth it. He has the potential to develop into a top-flight interior pass rusher.

RANK 47

Antoine Winfield Jr., S

School: Minnesota | Year: Sophomore (RS)

Winfield is an undersized safety prospect with outstanding instincts and ball skills. His movement skills are very smooth and easy from the back end. He does a nice job playing over the top. He keeps everything in front of him, collecting a bunch of picks on tips and overthrows. He also spends a lot of time covering in the slot. He has enough speed to carry vertical routes down the field and he is also an excellent blitzer. As a tackler, he usually comes to balance, settles his feet and wraps up. Overall, there is some concern due to size and durability (missed time in 2017 and 2018 due to injury), but Winfield is a playmaker from the deep middle and his ability to match up in the slot is a bonus.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-40

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Being about 11 spots from pick 102 have we screwed the pooch by taking Blacklock (or even if we had taken Winfield) in our mock draft? I believe we took the BPA and he would fill Hargraves role, so it was a good pick. IMO, there isn't any remaining offensive skill player that would be better than what we have. Draft gurus give me some names you like? There are a couple tight ends I like, but with the Ebron signing that is not a big need.

20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I’m going to wait til after the cheatriots pick to toss any names out there. Got one I think is good, and if Pitt doesn’t take him I want him for the rams.

- added later- The cheatriots don't need him. But the Giants do. So I'll wait.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I've got 3 players on the radar for the 3rd Rd..... 2 of those I'll be snatching up at 101 and 103 for Seattle...... The other will be my vote for the Steelers at 102

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I've got a possibility to mention as well.... but we should probably wait for the douche of a Patriots owner to make his two picks before discussing..... @winggin is probably hanging out at the massage parlor as we speak.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The six feet special at the massage parlor has nothing to do with social distancing!

24. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    please do share :hehehe:

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So tons of DT's left here and this is what I was talking about on our last pick. I am not against the Blacklock pick but just pointing out what we have down the road. So with that said TE has a ton of talent here but with EE here now that is a wasted pick imo. So the one guy I have liked from day 1 and fits nice here is Bradlee Anae:

Overview
    Anae's tape tends to grow on you the more you watch with his revved-up motor and salty disposition showing up in every game. He's fairly skilled and instinctive as an upfield rusher with a threatening upfield burst and a relatively diverse approach to climbing past tackles. He's not a natural bender or the longest edge defender and he's much better at attacking blockers than defending his territory against the run. He has the size, hands and strength to play standing or with a hand down, but may have a better chance of becoming a starter as a rush linebacker in a 3-4.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bradlee-anae?id=3219414e-4116-6115-7bc0-5ac560a62693

Now some might not like this guy or just don't want to agree with me so some other good edge rushers are: Alex Highsmith, Khalid Kareem, Alton Robinson and Kenny Willekes.

Now another nice pick here is Matt Hennessy:

Overview
    Three-year starter who uses hand placement, leverage and athletic ability to make up for his lack of mass and length. He's patient to center blocks and runs his feet to lock in and begin sustaining. He has the lateral quickness and body control to reach, pull and stay connected to blocks on the move. He has issues with timing blocks up to linebackers, but that should be correctable. Below-average physical traits could limit his suitors, but scheme fits will like the movement and intangibles he brings to the table. He has early backup, eventual starter potential.

I like him almost as much as Cushenberry and we could use a replacement prospect at center for when MP decides to hang them up.

Other players: Jeremy Chinn S and Davis-Gaither LB/S

My early thoughts are Anae who does everyone else like and why?