1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

***VENTING THREAD***

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Let's keep it all in one place.
    We play down to inferior teams. Old and slow with bad schemes! :thumbsdown: :frustrated: :facepalm: :cry:

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  3. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Offense played pretty well. When was that last time we scored 31? Our defense doesn't get pressure on the QB and can't cover for ****

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think I saw one blitz all game.....

5. bettisfan

bettisfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm up for cancelling this season and playing for high draft picks. We need a safety, an outside linebacker, and a couple of cornerbacks. Time to rebuild this defense. This one sucks!!

6. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Great idea. Just once, once I want us to kill a team. Beat them by 50. Our D is BADDDD

7. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And old and tired! Can I say that?

8. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Lets not pretend our defense hasn't been a problem for years because it has. Our poor play has been masked by play makers (Harrison and Troy) where the rest of our D cannot get pressure and can't cover. I like Lebeau but lets face it our personnel isn't there to play his scheme. We need to move on

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Let's not forget the butter fingers on offense. The defense doesn't suck as bad in the 2nd half if the offense is doing what it is supposed to do. 10 points off of turnovers.

10. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There are no adjustments there are never any adjustments that's why teams have big second half against us where are the Fin adjustments. It only took me one time when I was told the stove was hot.why do we keep getting burned,stupid.

12. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Please quit apologizing for the defense

something has to change.

13. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :frustrated: :frustrated: :bs: Tomlin coudnt coach a high school team to a championship, he hasnt done **** with the players he has drafted

15. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man this was the worst BS I have ever seen. What is Tomlins excuse? I have no love for the defense and Lebeau! And the offense ain't no better. This team sucks. I have been saying from the beginning that this team has issues. If you don't see it, you are just a homer. Can't get presssure on the QB, can't stop the run, our O-Linemen are all fat belly's except Pouncey, and our DB's can't cover and our LB's suck. I don't see anything good about this team and I have lost all respect for Tomlin!

Believe me, its gonna get worst before it gets better.

16. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Is this a bad dream

With numbers Ben put up today and we lost to a rookie coach. To many turnovers, penalties and no defense. I think that sums it up.

17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank GOD we have a bye week! I cant even stand watching our D take the field. We need a complete defensive overhaul starting with the coach :frustrated:

18. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If you score 31 points against the Raiders and lose it is the defense, sure, they scored on a short field but the Steelers were up by 10 and they drove 80 yards in 9 plays, that isn't good defense.

19. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I dont think the server could handle all the venting that needs to be vented at the moment. I m sure the sell of high blood pressure medicine, ulcer medicine, rolaids, and beer just went thru the roof.

20. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Agreed. Statistically the defense has ranked well over the last few years but I'd argue that they haven't been great for many years now. They haven't been dominate and they don't step up when it matters most. It amazes me that like last year they could be ranked #1 but never once FELT #1. Go watch a defense like San Fran play. Now that's how we used to play. Didn't we have like only a handful of turnovers last year?

21. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    i don't know when Polamalu, Harrison, and Hampton magically get healthy again, but this team won't stop a high school offense without them. Lewis is worthless. their entire cover scheme is garbage. Lebeau is clearly washed up with his play selection anymore. barring a Patriots win, the Steelers will be 3rd in the AFC North. that's garbage.

and, even worse, even though this doesn't happen often, the Pirates actually played better defense today than the Steelers. when that happens, you KNOW you screwed the pooch.

even against the Jets, this defense was awful. the main reason for those incompletions Sanchez was throwing was because of a hard hit on him that took his head out of the game.

if the geriatric and oft-injured "backbone" of this defense doesn't come back soon, or if Lebeau doesn't retire/adopt a new scheme, they won't stop anyone. going into the bye week 1-2 is a HUGE failure for the Steelers and they are in deep deep trouble.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey Steelers were getting pass interference call overlooked all game and they still couldn't stop the Raiders passing game.

What exactly was Lebeau's plan here?

I would like to know if Cam Heyward or Mclendon is better then Hood, Hampton, and Keisel...

23. Sack_attackD

Sack_attackD Active Member

May 14, 2012
    age is not our problem the younger guys are playing like crap too our scheme is keep everything in front you so we play way off on opposing wr's couple that with next to zero pass rush. FOLKS WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    And WOODLEY needs to keep his ass off facebook, on game day ,

25. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Maybe we won't make the playoffs, the last 2 times we lost to the raiders we didn't make it