1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which player will have the better bounce back season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Conner

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. JuJu

28 vote(s)
    96.6%
  1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Both players are entering the final year of their contract, I think the Steelers need Conner to have the type of season he had in 2018, moreso than JuJu. With the emergence of Diontae, Washington, and the signing of Ebron along with a possible draft pick at WR Ben should have enough weapons.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    JuJu for me.

James has yet to fully play a 16 game season. JuJu has shown to be more durable over that course of time. In addition, Ben's return should assist in JuJus bounce back. James is going to likely share snaps with another back; Benny Snell presumably. Even with the addition of Derek Watt, there is no guarantee that James can stay healthy for a full 16 game season all the same.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Juju for me too although he has had a few concussions and his overall health must be a concern

Conner is a good NFL back but we all know the story, he will come in and play well for a game or two before going out with an injury of some description. There is nobody on the team I am rooting for more than James Conner, 2018 he had nearly 1500 scrimmage yards and 13 TD’s, seems so long ago now

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Conner will he injured.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Juju. The passing game will help the run game. May not be enough football's to go around. Ben likes to throw it. :cool:

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I as well have raised concerns over JUjUs injuries that seem to be adding up. He always seems to have something nagging and is rarely ever 100%. I still maintain the hit he took against Cleveland in the Garrett game wasn’t much of a shot. IMO it didn’t look like a big enough hit to cause a concussion. I hope it’s me downplaying it but if a shot like that causes a concussion there may be a underlying cause for concern. I believe there are guys who are just more susceptible to them. I hope JUJU isn’t one of them.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think you should at least add Pouncey to this list. He had arguably his worst season of his career last season. I can't believe they even selected him for the Pro (popularity contest) Bowl. Maybe it didn't help much that he had to work with 3 different QB's, two of which were very inexperienced, but it's like he forgot how to snap the ball altogether on quite a few occasions.

Now the other two choices. JUJU or Conner? It simply comes down to who is less fragile to me. By week 11 it's likely that both of them will miss significant playing time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I say JuJu only because he'll have a better QB throwing to him.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    downloadfile-3.jpg

Probowl worthy. :thumbs up:

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    JuJu is in a contract year. Will it be his last? Conner will be out by game 4.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JuJu. Until proven otherwise, I maintain his drop off was do to talent at QB.

Conner would likewise benefit from having Ben back but it’s injuries that will hold him back, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I dont even know if Conner will have the starting job. Juju will have the better bounceback

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Who else is going to start over Conner? It sure won't be Snell.

14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Conner's only hindrance is his glass jaw (body). He hasn't been able to stay healthy regardless of personnel.

Juju, on the other hand, lost his security blanket (AB), his qb, and his mojo. 2 of those can come back. He is poised to come back strong.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think it is more of a guarantee that Conner will get hurt at this point. The only question is how much time will he miss.

The loss of Roethlisberger wasn't the only reason for Smith-Schuster's decline last season, but his return should certainly raise the level of production for all of the receivers. I don't think we will ever see numbers like 2018 again, not without an elite receiver like Brown on the other side. Also, I doubt Roethlisberger will ever play quite at that level again. I also think Smith-Schuster simply didn't play anywhere near as well as he had the two previous years, but I do think he will return to being a very good receiver this year.

I have been bored enough to go back and watch a few games from last season again. Conner started the season slowly, but at times he looked great. The ability is there, but the availability is not. When he is healthy, Conner is still the best back the Steelers have, but that simply isn't going to happen often enough.

18. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So let me get this straight: We need bounce backs from Roethlisberger, Conner, JuJu, Pouncey, Villanueva, LG position, and TE position. Did I miss anyone? I hope Roethlisberger is healthy enough to practice every day, because if he doesn't bounce back, its going to be a long season. If Roethlisberger doesn't practice, he nor the team will be sharp. Yet, Tomlin is a good enough coach to keep us out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    JuJu if all the 'if's' play out. If Ben stays healthy (and even returns to throw decently), if DJ and Washington continue to ascend it will create more opportunities for Ju Ju (even if not in numbers, D's accounting for him will create more opp's for the others). If the OC determines to utilize the TE's better, if the OL gives Ben time...….all those if's might even take JuJu and Conner back to the pro bowl...if THEY stay healthy. I'm not sure Vegas will put any line on all those 'if's'.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That is kind of my thought. They will have to make a decision on JuJu, Washington, and DJ...kind of like they did between Wallace, Sanders, and AB. While Washington has not displayed that level of play, you can certainly see the potential in DJ, though he has a couple of years left, with other high dollar signings coming do they throw him an early 'bone' and let JuJU walk. Will be interesting next couple of years.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As much as I like Connor when available which is a crap shoot I voted Juju.

I hope Juju has a nice season but I feel the #1 will be Diontae Johnson. At this point I don't feel that Juju will be on the roster in 2022. If he has a decent season he will get paid somewhere else. Their was a few stories about seeing if they could trade him for a 1st round pick this year. I wouldn't be against it.

Connor if he has a good season injury free could get a contract. Again hinging on injury free.

I wouldn't bet against Benny Snell yet.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben won't be practicing every day, the last few years he has been taking Wednesdays off.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    In additional to the elbow issue, taking Wednesdays off is part of the reason why the offense looked out of sync the 6 quarters he did play.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I voted for JuJu. James, although very good, is not durable. Really, I think it all comes down to how well Ben plays. The o-line, TE, receivers will all be better (I hope) if Ben plays well. If we only get a "good" Ben, it will still be better than MR or Duck at this point. I do still have some hope for MR in the future though.

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    JuJu just because his production is so dependent on the QB's play. Plus when we draft a WR at #49, he will benefit from the added talent they can put on the field. :lolol: