1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The irresponsibility of our media.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Stone, Mar 18, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Since they obviously have no regard for human life including their own we should blow that market and any similar ones off the map.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll never be able to unsee those cooked dogs again. ****ing barbarians :mad:

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wish people could not exaggerate so badly. I am not referencing apocalypse, I am saying our media is irresponsible and that is a long proven fact. The fear they drum into us is based on speculation that this will grow out of control and have disastrous impact. That is of course possible, but it's also possible that millions have already had and recovered from Covid which would bring the mortality rate down dramatically. It's also possible that if we simply conduct ourselves like we do during a cold or flu outbreak at work or school we will be likely to avoid Covid. Of course those possibilities are speculation right now just like everything else is but the problem is, and remains, that our media works for ratings and they get better ratings when they project doom and gloom......it's how we are wired. Anyone having a Covid party is an idiot and I don't think we need to bring them into a discussion which is trying to be helpful and logical.

So instead of attacking me because I point out other things, why don't you address my original, and constant, point about the irresponsibility of our media? For example:
    1. Why is something as critical as our media based on ratings which is purely a politically or financially driven program?
    2. Ask anyone who has ever served in a war on foreign soil how irresponsible our media is?
    I too have lost all income because my clients aren't working so I can't bill them.

I am acting like a weirdo by wearing gloves when I get my mail, I take paper towels to the grocery store and wrap the buggie handle with them, I scrub my hands and everything I bought at the grocery store when I get home, I am taking this VERY serious. None of that changes the fact that our media is irresponsible because they pick and choose what to tell and what they choose is based on ratings......plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven’t attacked you. I’m just not going to agree with you that the media is responsible for any of this because they aren’t. Plain and simple.

Estimates are now between 100,000 and 240,000 dead even with all these measures being put in place. As you yourself just said, it’s serious. If anything, the media is responsible for getting that message across to people.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Glad we can express our opinions without animosity.