1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud Dupree is the perfect candidate for a one-year tag

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What a player can get on the market is what that player is worth.

That said, I do get your point. They are overpaying him on the tag this year. I'm okay with that for this one season, but only one. They need to be able to lock up Watt before the 2021 season.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Like I said, I don’t worry about trying to account for the money part of it. You all thought they couldn’t make any moves this year because of the cap, well they tagged Bud and made several moves.

Steelers aren’t going to sign Bud long term if they think it will cost them Watt, come on man.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bud needs to give us allpro #s this coming year. Try to do better than TJ. We can find a good nickname for the duo & whine about losing the weak link next year.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes you have said that before but I live in the world of reality and I am always looking into that. I get it if you don't and I respect it but if that is the case then lets not worry about money and talk about just about any player. jmo

As for us saying it could work that was not what were were saying. Yeah they tagged bud and yeah they made moves but at what cost.....and that is what WE were talking about. We pushed Ben's money down the road and now have a 41 mil cap hit........sorry not a fan of that. Yeah it opened money right now but serious Blast you are a smart fan do you think the is smart for an old QB coming off a major injury and his future in question? Yeah you can say you aren't worried about him coming back that is fine you are one of the few......here and in the media. What if he comes back and gets hurt and is done, not only are we screwed this year but now next as well.........

You can say come on man all you want about signing Dupree and Watt, but it is a serious point. Where is the money/cap space coming from for these guys? We won't be able to push Ben's money next year.......maybe we extend him at 39-40 years old......:facepalm:. Oh that's right you don't get involved in the money part of it sorry forgot. :smiley1:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Reality? LOL seems like I’m the one living there since all this fretting about cap space didn’t keep them from making moves and won’t keep them from signing Watt.

It’s fine to like crunching the cap numbers, it’s a hobby for some but you don’t even qualify as an amateur capologist and me even less so. So no, I don’t worry about the money and could care less about Bens 41 cap hit. There are so many things that Khan knows that you don’t in order to find money to sign players that I find it a waste of time to worry about it.

Guarantee you, Watt is a Steeler past his first contract. Guaranteed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Typical response from you when you don't agree with someone.....whatever man. Oh wow that was a big time guarantee there you really went out on a limb.......

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :cry:

You’re so worried about Bens 41 million, it would seem that predicting Watt will be here is going out on a limb.

Don’t let me get in the way of a good fret though :thumbs up:

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    :popcorn:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't you worry you will never get in the way of me.......

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1