1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DL Gallimore and QB Eason top 2 picks

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This mock has those two as our first two picks. I don’t see it.

https://triblive.com/sports/mock-dr...-take-dl-gallimore-qb-eason-with-top-2-picks/

Lot to like about Eason, has the physical tools and looks the part but big drop off when he is under pressure.

As for Gallimore, just don’t see them going DL with their first pick but BPA is on the table this draft so you never know.

I wouldn’t hate either pick but I’m looking for OL or WR with our first selection.

2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    With Mims and Dobbins still on the board and we took Gallimore, heads would explode on this message board.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sure many heads will be exploding throughout the draft, sure as the sunrise.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Personally I do not see Pittsburgh acquiring defensive talent in Round 2. Offense is the way to go; an Offensive Tackle class that is arguably the most loaded in a decade. Many Round One worthy tackles will fall to Round Two.

Keep in mind that Big Al is slated to hit Free Agency next season. In addition, Zach Banner is going to likely want an opportunity to start the same. Drafting an Offensive Tackle now allows the team to cultivate whomever that player by allowing them to play the swing tackle role. Keep in mind that 2021 will be Chuks' final season on his rookie contract.

Have Chuks and whomever that Offensive Tackle was from this years draft tough it out. May the best man win. Proceed from there.

As I have both directly and indirectly implied; killing multiple birds with just one stone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Feiler, chuks, AV, banner, grey are all tackles. Why add another? Banner is not a LT. We have two draft picks at that position. :cool:

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Banner is likely going to be the Right Tackle as his natural power and length will shine there. I was referring to Chuks being the left. His natural athleticism and footwork shine greater there than Banner's would. That said, should Chuks price himself out of here in 2022, that pick made in this year's draft can slot right in after a year's worth of development. No need to worry about the potentiality worst case scenario.

Regarding Derwin Gray, I would rather have him kicked inside as there is little depth behind Stefen Wisniewski. I doubt Gray surpasses Stefen but he can be the backup to a backup. Besides, what is working in the teams favor is the updated GameDay roster will allocates two additional slots for emergency Offensive Lineman. Gray can easily slot in along with whomever else.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Mine oh most assuredly will. Mims has no business being that low. High level WR depth or otherwise, Mims is D.K. Metcalf Lite. Biggest difference?!

Mims has the potential to become a far greater all around receiver thanks in part to his natural flexibility and agility. D.K. is a one trick pony board stiff.

Regarding Dobbins?! Don't get me or mac daddy started! :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Eason would be a guy that needs to sit for a few years, I would prefer to get a NT in the 4th round, maybe Davon Hamilton.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    In the same vein by 2022 Wisniewski and probably pouncey and maybe even DD could be gone. That is much of the reason I wanted Jonah Jackson this year. Gives you a really solid guard with center experience. I'm not against more linemen at all. Ezra Cleveland has been on my radar since early too, but also at the other end of the spectrum would be to grab a guy like Charlie Heck late and maybe Cohl cabral. Possibly as udfas. Being this draft is extremely deep with good o-linemen. :cool:

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wouldn't be upset with Gallimore, but I think I would be about the QB pick. Just not the year for us picking a project QB with limited picks imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Fat fingers I assume for the A.T.R. rating?!

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    At least our heads won't explode about the 1st round pick. Got a quality player.

I hope they go OLD or DE/OLB in the 2nd providing they don't reach. The one year wonder will be gone after this season so they need a replacement. I was hoping that Ola would be that but I have my doubts with him getting niked up constantly.

Drafting Nose in the 2nd round that will only play a small number of snaps is not what I want to see. I want a replacement for Alvin that can get in the mix this season and have a seemless transition for next season.

Interior O Line should be in the cards.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We could have gotten him in the third round.

- WattWhack

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Definitely not the year to draft a project QB

Gallimore is seemingly not a true NT and should be able for the three down role if Tuitt or Heyward need a breather or get hurt. A straight replacement for Javon in other words. It would not be a terrible pick at all imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Before the addition of Wormley I would say DL was a much higher priority. Now I would look for a “truer” NT/DT with the late 4th pick or even later. I would say IOL,OLB,ILB and S should be the pick before a DL since we have Wormley. I think the pick at 49 will come down to a OL,RB or WR.....jmo

16. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I really don’t think there is a right or wrong answer. They have done a good job of filling out the roster so that they can see who falls to them and go BPA

Wormley is good to have on board but we must remember he is a UFA at the end of the season. Gallimore could make sense longer term as Cam is getting up in years and we know that Tuitt will always miss a few games. Not saying Gallimore should definitely be the pick, just that it wouldn’t be a horrible pick.

Personally I’d prefer to use the #49 on offence, an explosive RB that can run between the tackles, a burner on the outside or a pick across the offensive line would be fine with me.

There really isn’t away they can mess it up position wise, just get the best player on the board

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Jacob Eason says hello.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Don't forget we have buggs in year two as well as wormley. Infact all 5 linemen have played both DT and DE. We could very easily run a 4-3 with the players we possess right now. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    There is that. I do not expect them to take a QB however. Most of those guys mocking QB’s to the Steelers have little more than a passing familiarity with the roster and the teams needs.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed. Pittsburgh only plays 20% of the base 3-4 anymore anyway. Besides, that is not a good investment at pick 49. Finding a player who can contribute for not just 2020 but also the future is essential.

Between Wide Receiver and Running Back, I really would not mind a Running Back although picking a Receiver would yield similar if not better results depending on the circumstances. Keep in mind that Benny Snell handled himself quite well last season. Among the breakout players, I believe that Benny Snell will be the biggest beneficiary.

Here is another aspect to keep in mind; T.J. Watts fifth year option. Thanks to the new CBA, that fifth year option is now fully guaranteed. Granted, the team is likely to sign T.J. Watt long term anyway but placing him on that fifth year option is as equally challenging. Even if JuJu balls out this season, the Wide Receiving market has been set thanks to Micheal Thomas. JuJu is probably looking between that range or Julio's.

Again, I would love to acquire a Running Back. That said, if someone like Tee Higgins falls to 49, you have to take such a player. Tying a School record for touchdowns with having 20% of ones catches being scored is no easy feat; conference being irrelevant.

21. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    There is no team that pays JuJu in the Michael Thomas and Julio Jones range, surely

• Agree Agree x 1