1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This made me literally LOL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dexter402, Mar 26, 2020.

1. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Came to the site and accidentially clicked roster instead of forums, and right at the top of the chart is Cortez Allen and I was like WTF, I kept scanning and Dri archer is there, I look up and see it's from 2015 and above that it says "
    Below is the 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers roster. This page is updated frequently, so you can be sure it’s up to date." and I lost it. quite probable it's not as funny as I thought ATM but with everything going on made my day.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you a TSF Supporter? I am, and I clicked that link and not only got a 2020 roster but got the starting September depth chart. Maybe if you donated? Hmmm....

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    that roster is like a who's who of guys that never should have been on the team as well as some that were team greats. Makes me wonder sometimes about talent evaluation by the staff

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Made me a little sad seeing Ryan Shazier's name on the active roster knowing what happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And a well worth investment at that. Not only does it provide TTF with a few coins to occasionally splurge on a Happy Meal for one of his kids but it blocks out all the pop-ups and annoying banner ads. Same reason I love satellite radio music stations - just nothing but sweet peaceful music to my ears. Here it's all about breaking up fights! LOL. :club:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's like a crazy dream perusing that 2015 roster - Vick, Grabkowski, the Jones Twins (Landry/Jarvis) and low and behold - LeVeon Bell on the League Suspension List! :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry JEH, I'm thinking maybe TTF just has the hots for you because I proudly sport the Purple Banner and I also got a ride in the Time Machine back to 2015. "And Mom always did like you best!" LOL

8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Just out of curiosity...since I have donated to "the cause." I don't get any of those benefits. I don't mind contributing to TTF's happy meal fixes without getting anything in return. But if there's perks, I'm certainly not going to turn them down.

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Is there any proof TTF is even alive? I've had more Bigfoot sightings lately!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He popped into the Covid-19 thread and threw me a like this past week

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The Perks are similar to giving to Jerry's Kids - feels good. Also there are lots of juveniles here with noticeable deficiencies. I think your purple contributor banner went the same way the Pick 'Em results went this past season. No matter what, I still applaud TTF for keeping this site operative come rain or shine or plague. That's the only perk that truly matters. I did notice he took down the Birthday of the Day listing not long after I wondered out loud who all these people were cause most were not regular posters and many actually had zero posts. Strangely it disappeared on my Birthday. What are the odds?

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Trophy.png

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm tech
    Wifey doesn't allow our credit card on the internet. We buy those credit/debit cards at triple A (no fee) to purchase things on the internet. (rarely) Can a check be sent to help with this amazing site??

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait......that's not a Participation Trophy is it? I think he was expecting something more like...........[​IMG] :hehehe:

15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Lol, strange indeed. I do agree with the "do-it-because-it-feels-good" sentiment, and I'll still contribute without anything in return (the site is worth it, and IS the return).

...but...

I would love to get rid of the ads. If a contribution, or a certain level of contribution, removes them, I would like to know what I can do to facilitate that.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I understand the credit card and WiFi thing. I went into a hotel lobby, used the hotel WiFi, almost instantly had calls from ebay and my credit card company asking if I just bought two high end Audi’s.