1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else know about this.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Mar 22, 2020.

1. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I think we need a QB. Earl Thomas changed the Rudolph kid. I think he is gun shy now. Fact is that Winston led the lead in passing and 33 TD.....the 30 INT is what gets talked about in a no risk it no biscuit attitude from BA. He talked him up during his arrival to Tampa. He knew him growing up etc. Obviously, he didn't want him to stay and learn. Winston is better than our backups...what outside options are left for us?

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We have no money and Winston sucks.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I wouldn’t take him, I don’t think he can overcome all his deficiencies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Peter king has been stirring this the past month and virtually every media platform is running with it now. Tbh I can see why, Winston is basically Ben with some very bad habits. To be fair to Winston in relation to the 30 picks, BA had him throwing the ball entirely too much last season, that offence had no balance and the opposition knew a pass was coming every time.

One point worth considering is that if Ben goes down at some point I think Mason can win a few games by playing as a game manager and by leaning on the defence. If it’s a playoff scenario and they get in to a shootout with a KC or a BAL I think you have no chance with Mason. Winston would at least offer some hope in that scenario, whatever about his flaws he is hugely talented and can put up huge yards in the right offence.

If Colbert and Tomlin want him and Jameis want to come to Pittsburgh the cap can be sorted, the CBA deal opens up all sorts of way to get guys in and push money down the road. If the will is on both sides it can be done. I don’t think it will happen though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah.... no.

Passing judgement on Mason is unfair. He has yet to reach 500 Professional Snaps. Let us hold off on putting young Mason into the proverbial gravestone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Fair enough. But I'm etching it just in case. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If you watched his games he looks worse than a rookie trying to go through progressions... he is so antsy that he sails balls, which is why he has so many INT's.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wouldn't want to be the team to "give it a whirl" with him but I can't help but wonder if he had the right coaching to go with the tools he has, just what he might be capable of?

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's two votes for etching it in "Stone":hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I hear Dennis Dixon is available :rolleyes:

11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope the Steelers can add a vet back up with starting experience. Never know what they player can accomplish under different circumstances.

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Interesting that there still posts on this board about backup quarterbacks even after the organization has stated several times about keeping the five quarterbacks they have under contract with the best 3 staying. What am I missing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Who is the number 5 QB your speaking of???

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Even though unrealistic,like so many other of our opinions. It’s something else to talk about other than Coronavirus. I think that’s the part your missing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I found it, didnt know they had jt barret on the roster they need to sign a couple more and maybe they can find one worth a s##t....

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    A kid from Ohio State.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Maybe meld them all together and come up with one good one?

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't get the fascination with a QB who threw 30 ints, and 6 pick sixes :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He was the most NFL ready QB the year he was drafted better than Mariota and was highly touted as the next big thing, then 3 head coache . Multiple offensive playbooks and squandered pics later he completely fell apart. They are hoping for Mike Vick part 1 and not getting it could be Mike Vick part 2 where he sucked and couldn't throw a 3 yard slant

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Let's not forget the fumbles (7 or 9), the dropped near int's (I heard 9), and 47 sacks. The sacks not always his fault, but wow those are some ugly numbers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    A lot of mock drafts have the Steelers taking Jalen Hurts in the draft. At Alabama he was someone who would just take off and run but he improved a lot as a passer at Oklahoma and looked good at the combine.
    If the Steelers take him it would be to learn the NFL game behind Ben for a couple of years before taking over in 2022. He would also be used in gadget plays to take advantage of his tremendous athletic skills.

22. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I don't see this happening at all. But for those of you hating on the idea, can you honestly say that we would have been worse off last year if he had been our #2 when Ben went down?

23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Our #2and 3 didn’t throw 30 interceptions between the two of them

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And people were complaining about when Ben threw 16 ints in 2018 and led the league, Winston almost doubled that amount last season with 30 ints.

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    INT`s change outcome of the game. Good stats with that is like a good burger, but has rat poison as a topping.