1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Ebron

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Mar 5, 2020.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Solid signing. Now with the moves it looks like a OLB at #2

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Denzel Mims

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hmm... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

As a Track & Field guy (Runner & Coach). I love speed. That in part, is why I am a big Whyte fan. However, it is no good if you cannot transfer it into something productive on the football field. There were a few NFL players over the years that were fairly successful on the field. Remember Willie Gault (Bears & Raiders: 11 years) and Renaldo Nehemiah (Forty-Niners: 3 years)? Now, Whyte is not in the same class as them speed wise but he was clocked at 10.4 seconds I believe in the 100 Meter Dash; which is "Flying". Equally as important, is that he has shown some value to the Steelers with the limited time that he has been given. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Got to say never expected this signing.

That said I like the moves so far.

Just hope we have an nfl season now

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It looks like bpa at 49. And that looks (to the untrained eye) to be wr, rb, or tackle.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're late, I already gave props to TurnDownForWatt for calling it.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I blame this on QB experience. The TEs we have on the team never warrant a #1 or #2 option on a pass play. Most passing plays will have them burried at #4 or #5 option and young inexperienced NFL QBs can't read a defense fast enough to make it to their 4th or 5th option. In college and in the Preseason you never need to go to the 4th or 5th option on passing play.

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

I saw something on Mims two days ago. His skills-set looked promising. Take care.

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Brice.

Thanks for explaining that about the usage, or lack thereof, last season about the TEs. I was constantly complaining all last season of how infrequently they were targeted. Take care.

13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey TuRnDoWnForWaTT.

I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised with the tandem of McDonald and Ebron. I for one am excited. Now look at our WR corp. They are all young, gaining experience, talented and have another year under their belts for chemistry. Not one of the WRs is 'weak" IMO. I like all three. In fact I would go as far as saying dangerous. JuJu we know what we got. Washington was finally coming into his own. Dionte has been learning and also has his unique skill set. I am telling ya' our Aerial Attack with the 3 WRs and 2 TEs can be very dangerous as I see it. it all comes down now to who is throwing the rock to them. If ben we are good! If Mason or Duck....No unfortunately. At least not at this moment. Lets see how they progress in preseason.

I still say go after Andy Dalton if possible. I think (gut feeling) that he would not mind being delegated to a back-up role for a temporary time. We have a great "D" and good "O" weapons the window will close soon. If Ben cannot go we need a QB who is proven. Once again, I like Dalton in that role. He is good, proven and knows our division.

Take care.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree no fan of this joker.

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I went back and checked Whyte's KO return stats against Switzer (low bar I know). It was a very small sample, and I was surprised to see he actually averaged a yard less than Switz (over his 2 years). That said, whenever Whyte got that ball his pop made you feel he could break one every time, never felt that way with Switzer. Realizing that the KO return has been greatly diminished, and the Steelers once had Dookie Davenport as their KO returner, I would like to see what Whyte could do back there, it has been a while since we had a real threat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I doubt we could afford him, but of all the B/U QB potentials I have heard or read about that others think the Steelers should sign Dalton makes the most sense. While he has had some years with int problems, his career TD 204 to int 118, and 62% career completion rate is not bad at all, especially considering all he had to work with was AJ Green. I don't see it because of cap space, but nearly every team seems to be set at starting QB (sans NE), so Andy may just have to take a cheaper 1 year deal.

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He had a lot of drops, especially in Detroit, but he had that breakout year with the Colts... I don’t want to say he has cured his drops issue, but he has improved.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I mentioned dalton a while back. :cool:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t much care about the drops. Do people realize that if he can repeat his 13 TD’s with Ben, that replaces AB’s TD production.

When all he is doing is dropping passes like Moncrief and Sweed, I’ll care.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I saw that, but I was starting at beginning of the thread and I was too lazy to delete it.

And it was meant in good nature.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ben is going to have some very nice options to move the chains up the middle now with Vance, Ebron & Juju. Very few teams would be set up to deal with three big athletic guys like that. If they can get a ground game going as well this might be a very effective offence. With the improved defence I think 21-28 points wins the majority of games.

22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Eric also has a history of missing games due to injury....... keep both so we’ll have at least one on game days..

Cajun
    <><

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Is that Youuu?? Coach Tomlin?
    ( Santa Claus?)

Cajun
    <><

24. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I like the Move, I’m not a huge fan of Ebron from college or Detroit days..... Hopefully his days in Indy show an improvement.

I’d Much rather have had Henry but after tagging Dupree that was out for sure!

Now Randy better use these two TE sets well and creatively!!

Cajun
    <><

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they could still use a speed WR, and maybe draft 2 OL then the offense should be good barring injuries like in 2019.