1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell, Tom

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Mar 17, 2020.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey HeinzMustard.

I feel that you may be underestimating the direction that this team is going. I see the arrow pointing up. If, and that is a big "If" that Ben comes back either in pre-injury form or even better, then we are actually going to be very good IMO. We finally have a great "D" again. As for the Offense, we are pretty good on paper IMO. If Conner can stay healthy and deliver and we mix up the RB game with Whyte and Edmunds, the three WRs take that next step as they are building chemistry, and the TEs are used the way they are meant to be, I say...."Watch Out! I am still holding out hope that in some way we get Bell back. If not, I still think we have a good diverse skill-set group of RBs. Hang in there HeinzMustard. I think you may become pleasantly surprised next season. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s not going to be the same because he’s going to be 43 freaking years old this season. He wasn’t the same last year either. He thinks he’s immortal. Father Time loses to no man.

I have zero worries about Brady and yes, especially without Hoodie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope you're right and I'm overreacting.

Our defense will be good, but the offense is a big question mark, IMO. Steelers look like anywhere from a 7-9 to 9-7 team.... in that range. Steelers are nowhere near the Ravens and Chiefs who are the elite teams of the AFC.... not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Okay, let's all stop the insanity, okay? There's enough hysteria over Covid-19 already. The Bucs? A dangerous team? Because of Brady? The Bucs are who we said they are, the Cleveland Browns with a tan. Brady makes them whiter and older. Dangerous is not a word to associate with the Bucs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I fear the Bucs with Mike Glennon but not Tom Brady

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He will get hit a lot in Arians Offiense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    We shall see. Winstons erratic play really held them back in recent seasons imo. They have a good roster on paper at least

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    So do the Browns. ;)

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yep. To be honest, amid all the hype we were all very sceptical of the browns last season on here, appointing Kitchens and trading away Zeitler was completely dumb. I wouldn’t have traded for Beckham either, as good as he is.

I think they are doing their business much more sensibly now and I think they may have found a good coach in Stefanski that might be able to get more from their talented personnel, they have the best skill players in the NFL by a distance imo. We will have to see can they make it work. I think there could be a great three way battle for the division next season.

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp. Chiefs and ravens are in a class by themselves compared to rest of afc. Especially after hosuton got rid of Hopkins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Chiefs give me more concern than the Ravens. Patrick Mahomes is on another planet overall. Lamar is unconventional but not unstoppable.

Teams now have an entire seasons worth of tape on him. Time to see if he can adjust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, I suppose now they'll change the name of the city to Tampa Brady"

13. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    With today's nutrition and advances in workout science he'll get a few more years, but father Time waits for no man and the end is nigh.
    Still, a few more years and it will be interesting. Guess he figures the same, and wants to shake it up a bit.

14. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I hope he gets slaughtered in Tampa. F that 14 year old girl body having douche

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I have to drive all day for my job. Listen to sports radio, no sports to talk about except NFL FA coverage, and every program spent hours rehashing the same thing, "Where will Brady sign". Just do it tom, then perhaps we can have them only devote half the time in worshiping your butt.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Because there's nothing else to report.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    As a Steeler fan I support launching him from a cannon into a fiery volcano and then quickly pull him out and throw him into an Alligator pond. Throw him an anchor just for good measure. Wherever you go Tom, break a leg. No for real, break a leg, and an arm, neck, back, toe, finger, ect, ect, ect.......

To me, you're nothing but a huge *.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Perhaps, or maybe Ole' Bill saw the light dimming on Tommy.
    FA signings all over the place and they might get a mention, then back to Tom. I get it, not all signings are as sexy as Tom and the diminished places he may sign, but there were many major signings and they got a nod then back to the same old crap. I know the station is mine to change, and I will, just nauseating how coverage for the entire NFL is on the Cowboys or Tom.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Just think, if the Steelers hadn't wasted those years, TB12's light, and the Patriots light, wouldn't shine quite as bright and the Steelers would have 7 or 8 rings.:puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It was a complete and total failure of underachieving players, incompetent coaches and poor front office management. Can't lay the blame all on one area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Eggs were laid by all!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Good riddance, Brady and the Patriots cost the Steelers many chances at the SB

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    He's an old man moving to Florida and playing for the Bucs :blink:

If that doesn't scream "retirement" nothing else does!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1