1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest news on CBA agreement:

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Diamond, Feb 22, 2020.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wouldn't it be the field hand(s) vs the farmer in this situation? Being that the corn can't profit or lose ... lol

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    At this point a multimillionaire might be a small minority investor, but you are correct there seems to be a lot of goofy billionaires who like to play Madden in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It comes out of the fans pockets. NFL likes fans with lots of disposable income to worship them. Players are the same.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just like Apple, Microsoft, .....

And right now, Scott Tissue

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The players entertain and we pay for the entertainment. What's the common denominator here. It keep going back to the players

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not so sure your last statements are that true my friend. Dallas is a good example. Didn't make the playoffs. Does that make them a crap show? No. They still bring the league huge revenue with a sub standard showing. Revenue sharing keeps the crap shows from becoming sub par franchises. Players come and go. A new star is born every year. In many cases, tax payers pay for these stadiums. Many people pay that could care less about the nfl.

A year ago Lamar Jackson wasn't even thought about. Bud dupree was a 4 year average player, got a big pay raise for a year and now is a must have. Next year it could be a guy from a crap team. Last year nobody had the Niners going to the SB. When gronk retired the Patriots didn't lose money. It's the total product the owners put out. They stay pretty consistent and they're workers change. They still make money and should as long as the flow continues. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The common denominator is money. Where does that come from? Definitely not the players who earn what the fans are willing to invest. Basic fundamental of supply and demand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The common denominator is....revenue. Fans generate it, players absorb it & owners pick who gets it.
    AB the player, might be entertaining but is not generating any revenue for the NFL. Owners already have his replacement to absorb some of the revenue generated by the fans that are entertained by the game of football.
    Are you a college fan? Fans don't pay to see the players entertain them. They pay to see their team play football. Believe me, Indiana University football is not entertaining but still sells out their stadium to fans that can't name more than 2 players on the team.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't like the 17 games and more playoff jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    To me it serves little purpose except greed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't like the franchise tag or the limited practice time in pads. Don't like the new rules every year that hurt the game more than it helps. Don't like Goodell's dictatorship when it comes to handing down "image punishment". Don't like the branding by the young money crews. Don't like no guarantee contracts. Don't like the elephant in the SB every other year because they bend the rules. Don't like the rules requiring permission from the refs to sack the QB. Don't get me started on reviewing plays in NY. Our next crisis will be dealing with the 'ok' that the outcome of the game is being legally gambled upon. What a mess...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Apparently the deal passed. I believe the players made a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Now Ben has to last 17 games and extra playoffs to win a SB....:shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's not surprising that they voted to pass it. While the highly paid players were against it and were very vocal that it was bad for everyone the rank and file saw the opportunity to avoid a work stoppage and a big increase in the base pay they get. I'm betting that 70% of them don't even look at the extra game as anything big since they don't play a lot as it is.

18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No player ... no games ... no money ... what are you not seeing here. We actually hurt the players/game as fans because we go right along with the owners and NFL. We are addicted to this sport. We have to have football ... even a watered down version. So, we continue to pay top $$$! We complain about it,but won't ban together and make our voices heard. Just like the players.

19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Good, its done and done.

20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    If you owned a store (owners) and had all your employee's ready to go to work (players), but no one came in your store to buy things (fans), what will you have to do? Close. Not good.
    If you owned a store and lots of people came in to buy things, you are easily able pick and choose, fire and hire employees that you want to work the store. Life is good. Like the NFL.
    If you had no owner, there is no store, no employees, or anyone to pay for anything. Not good.
    This is what I believe and I'm sticking with it. If you don't agree, that's fine, go with it. I don't care.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The salary cap came in lower than expected at $198.2 million, now that the CBA has passed the Steelers don't have to worry about that 30 % percent rule when doing restructures.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    So you are saying those calls to NY will in time actually not going to the Big Bambino Ref, but the Big Gambino Don? LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I hope he doesn't want to rework his compensation...:huh:

• Like Like x 2
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Perhaps for one year, the earliest the 17th game will be in 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    If the fans banded together and quit going to games, didn't renew their NFL game pass & quit tuning in on Sundays then the players would be playing the game for free.