1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dayton TE Adam Trautman sleeper pick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Jan 27, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Likely our projected third comp pick assuming Offensive Guard is the choice. Unlikely the 2nd but I imagine that, with a strong performance, he will last that long. This Tight End class stinks.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think the TE class is shaping up at first look it wasn't very goo but the more I look at this class the better it is getting. jmo

Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

About once a year, either late in the draft or in undrafted free agency, the Steelers go to the mat and re-prove Tomlin’s oft-repeated line of “We don’t care where you come from.” Trautman might be that player this year. The Steelers need a tight end who can block. Vance McDonald is on club option years. Nick Vannett is a free agent. Zach Gentry – the team’s fifth-round pick at the position last year – still has to prove he can be an NFL blocker. Pittsburgh will want competition, if nothing else, at the position and Trautman has reportedly shown signs of being able to provide as much. He also caught two passes for 10 yards on Saturday.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2...eelers-draft-prospects-to-keep-an-eye-on.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I believe there is still hope for Kevin rader. His only problem was getting caught holding on plays last year. Clean that up a little and he could be an option for us. He and gentry have a year under their belts.

the kid from fla. Atlantic Harrison Bryant isn't too bad. Tough kid.

Mitchell Wilcox south fla. Another good one. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  5. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I like Trautman, I want him as well. Prefer later though, but will he probably go earlier.

6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hoping Trautman is there for our Comp 3rd.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Saw a mock where they had us taking him in the 2nd, prob a guy on Depot. I don't see them going that high for him but 3rd comp would be a good range.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy, I really don't see the Steelers interested in a TE at this juncture JMO.
    We have 2 good ones on our roster, unfortunately we do not have an OC
    that knows how to incorporate the TE and running game into the game plan.
    If Ben is healthy the TE position will get about 75 targets. The big question that
    I am waiting on is Bud Dupree, will the Steelers let him explore free agency? Or Franchise
    him? This will tell us what they are thinking.

9. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I am not sure about that, with Canada aboard he is going to solve the offensive "creative".

I keep flip flopping on TE in this draft. We may stay put of what we have with Vance, possible Vannette or vet min, and Gentry. And I will think we will be good.

But if we go Te in draft, I like Dalton Keen late to mesh with Vance.