1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How SERIOUS is Ben’s elbow?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerBark, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Or maybe we just didn't see him throwing golf/tennis balls? How do they expect us to know what totally unfounded conclusions to jump to? Bastards!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
  3. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    They have downgraded him after those throws. He has gone back to tossing twinkies up in the air and catching them in his mouth. Rumor has it that he has gotten so good with his non-dominant hand that he's considering throwing southpaw now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There are some things you simply have to learn to do with the non-dominant hand. Tossing the twinkie is one of them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It was a jab at Ben's dramatic nature, goes down like the futbollers in the world cup & is leading a comeback minutes later. I wouldn't put it past him, he could have been tossing round objects incognito & decided to milk the moment.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I will feel SOooo Much Better when after the 3rd QTR of the 3rd preseason game Ben is on the sideline WITHOUT an Ice wrap on his right elbow!!!!

Cajun
    <><

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm::facepalm:

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  10. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I have a different viewpoint on this, than most people.

We've seen him play through a busted nose, bad arm, and busted ribs. That is hardly the actions of a drama queen.

The league requires players to mention all injuries and illnesses.
    My guess is that Ben is taking a page from the Belichick/Brady playbook, and mentioning EVERY possible ailment, no matter how minor.
    By mentioning everything, it is harder for opponents to know if any of them are serious or not.
    (If he only mentioned significant ailments, then it would be easier to plan against him.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    From this point out, I'll cringe every time Ben throws. I vividly remember Bradshaw coming back and thinking we were in the clear when he started completing passes and the TD. Then he threw his 2nd TD and his elbow snapped. I just hope he doesn't have to throw it 600 times next year. A good run/pass balance will help reduce the wear and tear on his repaired elbow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Here is how I see it:
    1. I cringe "every" time MR throws.
    2. I will cringe when Ben throws if things don't look good in the first 4 games.
    3. A good run game will certainly extend Ben's arm.
    Let's hire Belichick as a consultant on how to disable the radio communication between Ben and Futchner, and hire a gestalt therapist to whisper (very softly) in Ben's ear "if you preserve your arm, you will have more chances to win the Super Bowl........owwwwoooooom"

13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, start with the 1 - 1 1/2 yard throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    The players, coaches, and owners can take a number. I've been losing my mind long before I started listening to what they say! :cool:

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    History has shown, Ben and the offense are not in sync until October. This was true even when Bell and Brown were on the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's just because it's tough to learn a new system.......oh.....wait, never mind.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Players, coaches, and owners are like politicians. If they are talking, they are lying.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    what Steelers message board posters think Ben looks like versus what he actually does look like:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Boy, I wish that wasn't broke:smiley1:

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    funny how everything is basically riding on Ben's arm. IMO it truly does.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Meh, Ben could lose a few pounds to help his knees out. :shrug:

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben finishing out his career on a high note is riding on his arm. I don't think the Steelers are doomed if he struggles or goes down again. Yeah, much tougher to move up without him but the Steelers will get there. Very resilient organization. Let's hope that Art ll is more like Dan than the Chief & if it's the other way around that he can step back & let someone more talented run the organization.

23. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Kevin Colbert expects ‘better Ben Roethlisberger’ for Steelers in 2020

JOE RUTTER | Tuesday, February 25, 2020

INDIANAPOLIS — Kevin Colbert readily admits Ben Roethlisberger might not be the same caliber of quarterback when he returns to the field for the Pittsburgh Steelers next season at age 38.

That doesn’t mean Colbert is anticipating Roethlisberger’s skills diminishing after the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback underwent season-ending elbow surgery in September.

Quite the opposite.

“The thing that is exciting is we might have a better Ben Roethlisberger,” Colbert said Tuesday at the NFL Combine.

What gives Colbert such confidence?

“He sat for a year, didn’t have wear and tear on his body for a year,” he said. “Sure, he had a significant surgery, but we’re optimistic he might be better.”

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-colbert-expects-better-ben-roethlisberger-for-steelers-in-2020/

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Unless Rudolph or Duck demonstrates an insurgence of improved ability, the offense rides on Ben Roethlisberger. See stats of last year to reiterate this point. With the offense we saw last year, we're lucky to be 500 let alone playoff contender.

Also there is no indication that ownership is planning on having someone else make decisions for them. Pretty much this team's success largely and squarely lies on Ben's ability to play the game this year. We don't have a running back on this team that can carry the load as in the past. It will make for a very interesting year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I think we will see a better Rudolph than we witnessed last year if he has to play. Thrown in the deep end & my guess is he learned a few things. I don't see him as our replacement for Ben but then again I thought Artie Burns was a good draft pick. Seen enough of Duck though, we need an upgrade there.
    Fitchner needs a kick in the bum too. He needs to put more effort into his job as OC. Wildcat? Really?
    I'm waiting to see how they approach the draft & who they plan on resigning. Would like our top pick to be on offense, preferably a stud RB because one of the best should be available. Need to hit on a few picks & we look young & hungry imo.

• Like Like x 1
  26. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Recently on NFLNetwork former Panthers LB Thomas Davis said he heard that Ben could've came back and played last season, he accused Ben of quitting on the team in 2019, :facepalm::facepalm:.