1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What will Ben do after he retires?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Hunting?

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Coaching?

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Invisible family man?

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I simply don't get this premise. Ben lead the league in 2018 and was injured in week two of 2019. There is zero indication that he is on a horrible decline....it's just a foolish position to take. His elbow might be better than it has been for five years as a result of the surgery? And your perception of the other QB's is laughable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm curious? Are you denying that Ben lead the league in passing in 2018, or are you contending that it means nothing?

3. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    2018 was 2018. Yes, that means nothing.That's the past. I'm talking about now. I think he's nowhere near as good now. Look at the recievers he had then. Are you saying you think Ben is just as good now? I think it's time to move on.

4. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    So is your "Ben love".

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Call it what you like, mine is based on fact and yours is based on emotion. Love is usually based on emotion, knowledge is usually based on fact.:cool:

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm curious what makes you think that all Drew Brees cares about is stats.

7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If Ben was on one of those survival reality TV shows, I would give it a look. Big, strong cave man LOL.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not all he cares about. Nobody can dispute the stats he has racked up, he just hasn't taken those stats very far despite having some pretty good talent around him. What is considered the best offensive play caller in the game for a coach, and some good on field talent. For example, Brees has 16 playoff appearances with an 8-8 record in 19 years, Ben has 21 playoff appearances with a 21-8 record in 16 years.

Like with Philip Rivers, I want to puke when people mention the HOF and his name together. But Brees is definitely HOF worthy, a lot like Marino, although Brees did win one.

AND BREES DIDN'T HAVE TO FACE CHEATERS EVERY YEAR IN HIS DIVISION!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Speaking of Ben? Wasn’t he supposed to have his elbow checked out on Friday? I haven’t heard anything...,

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I read another thread here titled "How serious is Ben's elbow" While I'm not sure how serious, or aloof, an elbow can be, I think we know now that Ben's elbow has a sense of humor and was just kidding about being checked out last Friday.

Which concludes that his elbow is not at all serious.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wilson? Wasn't he a third rounder for a reason? Guy is wwaaayyyy over rated.

Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He needs to win more SBs? I'm going with the flow of some of the reasoning one sees on this board. Personally I thought it was a nice slam on the guy who went to Purdue.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    So......he goes from leading the league, to a bum, in two games, due to injury?

When your car gets a flat tire, do you just take it to the scrap yard and get the $200:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I agree, he might be a bit over-rated but he is a winner and he plays the game the way it's meant to be played and throw in his athletic talent.....he's pretty good.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He's a great scrambler. Reminds me of Fran Tarkenton without the ability to throw for a first down consistently. :shrug: