1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Curious as to why it’s ok for Hispanics and Asians to say it. I see it all the time in HipHop and I see it in construction where I work. Is it because they come from a less than favorable economic upbringing? It doesn’t seem to have the same impact as it does coming from a middle class person. IMO people can choose what they want to to be offended by and at the same time they can choose their reactions to being offended. What is supposed to separate humans from animals is the power of thoughts, rationalization and decision making. Unfortunately some people are more animal than human and that’s not particular to any race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    So if a non black uses the word in a endearing way it's derogatory? This is your conclusion? :facepalm:

People that aren't prejudice don't use it as a derogatory term. It's only derogatory when the speaker is racist or ignorant of it's definition.

3. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Phony claim he ain't trying to slander Mason but again & again pushes the race card without no proof or anyone else hearing it. This race hustler is desperately asking to be sued...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes because they are not black. Is that hard for you to understand? Dont use that word even as endearment towards someone black if you not black.

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    OMG stop being so dramatic and Butthurt...Out of the league, for a racial slur lmfao...That word has been uttered 1000's of times on a football field trust me...

That's a pretty good gig ( in your mind ) that you have going that, your race call each other that...Like it's a badge of honor, or a term of endearment but, If a white person says it, It's the most heinous thing ever spoken...

Hard to ever look bad, or lose an argument with the racial field slanted in that kind of manner...

It's a bad "WORD" that's it! Quit trying to make it more that it is!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I personally wouldn't tolerate from any-non black
    person and people I know wouldn't.

Go up to a black person and said that and watch wtf happen to you.

7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Again stop being so dramatic...MR didn't even say it, And that POS Garrett is trying to pull the ole race card ...Like that will make him look better as a person..Because he's a scumbag

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Sorry but I DO use the term. WITH people of color. Why? Because they know me & don't come to asinine conclusions that I'm a white person. They conclude that my color is only a color and that I'm a person.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm with you on THAT. I know he didn't say it just based on the fact of how everybody else reacted. I promise you pouncey and others reactions would have been entirely different if mason did say that. Also think about this. If it ain't all that serious for saying that why would Garrett use this of all things to try to justify his actions. He pulled that word out cause he knows that would be something to make SOME people like "sh*t I would have done the same thing if he said that to me". But at the end I dont believe mason said that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So you don’t listen to any hip hop from many of the famous and popular Hispanic rappers?

Edit: How about bi racial rappers?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So the entire world, country, and even intelligent people of power who all acknowledge the demographic system and the distinction of different ethnicities of people are all asinine people that are coming to conclusions? Because last I check the us census classifies people by ethnicity, the entire judicial system classifies people by ethnicities, schools, jobs, the military etc.. I can go on ALL classify people by ethnicities. So who's the asinine one trying to ignore reality?

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But even then what does this have to even do with mason rudolph because the manner he "allegedly" said it in wasn't endearment.

13. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Exactly... He's lost all cred, HE THINKS, If he pulls out the big bad card, People will somehow side with him, Make it justifiable...But imo, I think he knows that there's no way to prove it, So it's a gamble he's willing to take...Now, again in his mind...There will be a sense of doubt hopefully, In peoples eyes

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The problem is he tried to use the race card to try and diminish his punishment. He didn’t expect it to get out and since it did he has to now double down on it so he doesn’t look like the ****head that he is from trying the race card in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah there isn't anyway to prove it other than he said she said basically. No browns palyers have even confirmed it so I tend to believe Mason didn't say that. Poor job by Garrett to try to save face. He should have took the reinstatement and moved on

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Guys, I do not think the term itself is what should be the point of emphasis here. No one is saying that said term is not bad at all. That term of course invokes immense negative emotion given its history and significance in United States History and still continues to do so in not just the United States but other parts of the World now. Again though, the term is not the point here.

What is the main point is would be the individual who claims another has used said term against him. That is the main aspect and point to take away from all of this. Given what Myles has stated in the past, as shown above, assuming Mason does go to court with him, it is likely that not only will Mason be exonerated but Myles be humiliated for enacting such a tactic.

In short everyone?! No one is degrading the negative impact and legacy of that term. However, an individual who is using said term as a device to attack another's integrity and character with little to no evidence other than heresy is manipulating the impact and potency of said term on an individual who is indirectly involved within that terms history.

Myles appears to have what is known as a "Maytr Complex". Myles is pushing is down agenda to continue drama and draw interest for support for himself and increase the disdain against Mason and the Steelers. That is all their is to it.

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ugh...

Don't remind me. Geez...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Try to keep up, this is the workings of the power elite. Snowballing the sheep into racial, gender, social economic classes, the goal is division. They are not quite there yet because most don't buy into their asinine system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Don't think it's racist to call Garrett a fruitcake. Even if it was true, which it is not, that is not an excuse to commit aggravated assault.

People are jelly beans anymore. Fragile and entitled.

If I'm Mason I'm taking him to court for defamation of character just for the fun of it.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    But the law can. Assault is assault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It is said in derogatory terms. Do you really think he said it? No one heard it, Garrett wasn't foaming at the mouth about it directly after the altercation. I could see Pouncey using what was allegedly said to put Garrett in his place though. What do you think of fabricating hate toward someone who has pissed you off? Months after you have had time to regain your composure. Do people say & hear things in the heat of battle? Yes they do. Your remark about him feeling disrespected & delivering Justice is what set this conversation off. In reality controlling your emotions when provoke by disrespecting words is considered maturity in a man. Women seem to have more trouble with this. Do you chose sides based on what color a person's skin is? Does character mean anything to you? Honestly I think Mason provoked the incident with his losing his cool & really had no problem with Garrett retaliating when Mason went for Myles helmet first. Mason did escalate the altercation running up to him directly after. Garrett overreacted and the league had no choice but to 'protect their image'. Months later & Garrett is still peddling his bs excuse. Shannon Sharpe bought it. :roflmao:

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Gender is the only thing that correlates with race. Rest you mentioned don't.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What about age? Educational background? Nationality? I thought I read somewhere that Africans & Black Americans are different. Yearly income? Doesn't the government want to classify you in different tax brackets when paying the man? Don't think they know how big the economic classes are & how to manipulate them?

24. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Sorry if I came across snarky, But BS really rubs me the wrong way...I wrote this in another thread...I'm a Steelworker and my co-worker ( who is black, me White ) have been operating the same machine for 25 years together, great friends, GREAT person...Wives are friends and we go to each others house...

THIS kind of stuff really eats at me...Not just football, but life in general... Don't make EVERYTHING about race when there's a few bumps in the rode, disagreements, or differing of opinions...Grow up and work it out and quit slamming down that stupid race card at any sign of trouble...Be adults and let's work it out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's asking a lot in this country anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1